PDA

View Full Version : Dale Lolley: B-Mac to be cut to make room for Starks?

hawaiiansteel
10-05-2011, 02:06 AM
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 05, 2011

Starks to be signed?

It appears the Steelers will make a move today to sign offensive tackle Max Starks to help solidify their offensive line.

But with the team just $750,000 under the cap, the team may have to get creative to make the signing work.

Obviously, somebody also has to go.

The guess here is that player will be Bryant McFadden.

The Steelers like what they've seen of rookies Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen. And William Gay and Keenan Lewis have been solid while McFadden has been out of action the past three weeks including the last two as a healthy scratch.

Recently signed Jamon Meredith is also a possibility, though, as we've seen, the Steelers apparently can't have enough offensive linemen.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

Pahn711
10-05-2011, 02:24 AM
McFadden is making $2.5 million this year, but I dunno, I seem to recall Tomlin saying a few weeks ago that McFadden will be the starter again once he is healthy. Its hard to believe they would cut a guy they still consider among their best corners, even at that salary.

SteelBucks
10-05-2011, 07:57 AM
The signing is official. The Steelers waived T Chris Scott to make room for Starks.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-05-2011, 09:22 AM
I don't understand ... I thought the general consensus here was that cutting someone after week 1 DIDN'T help with cap $ problems?

ikestops85
10-05-2011, 09:26 AM
I don't understand ... I thought the general consensus here was that cutting someone after week 1 DIDN'T help with cap $ problems?

It doesn't but they still needed room on the roster to add Starks.

Shawn
10-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Thank goodness! They had to do something.

phillyesq
10-05-2011, 02:16 PM

Correct. Cutting McFadden wouldn't have helped the cap. Since he is a vested veteran, he could have taken his salary as termination pay, and the Steelers would still be on the hook for the salary and the cap hit.

hawaiiansteel
10-05-2011, 03:55 PM
The signing is official. The Steelers waived T Chris Scott to make room for Starks.

interesting that the Steelers decided to keep Jamon Meredith over Chris Scott...

NW Steeler
10-05-2011, 08:02 PM

interesting that the Steelers decided to keep Jamon Meredith over Chris Scott...

Another OL draft pick that didnt make it. Seems like we have cut more OL draft choices than any other position.