PDA

View Full Version : Carnell Lake

feltdizz
10-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Not much has been mentioned about our DB play but I think it's much better than last year. Props to Lake... :Cheers

Shawn
10-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I attribute much of Lewis' growth to Lake.

papillon
10-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Something happened in this alternate universe we are living in right now. The front 7 are stinking it up and the 4 deep guys are playing very good football. :wft

Pappy

steelz09
10-04-2011, 12:01 PM
I was happy to see Lewis have that good play.. hopefully it improves his confidence. He had good position and turned his head around which will make a pass interference penalty a lot less likely.

I will say that I don't know if our pass defense has really improved at all.... last year teams were forced to throw the ball because they knew running the ball wasn't an option. Now teams can run the ball on us and aren't forced to throw the ball 40+ times a game.

Shawn
10-04-2011, 12:38 PM
I was happy to see Lewis have that good play.. hopefully it improves his confidence. He had good position and turned his head around which will make a pass interference penalty a lot less likely.

I will say that I don't know if our pass defense has really improved at all.... last year teams were forced to throw the ball because they knew running the ball wasn't an option. Now teams can run the ball on us and aren't forced to throw the ball 40+ times a game.

That and we haven't played a passing monster yet. The Texans didn't have Johnson for most of the game, and without him they are very average in passing.

With that said, I have been impressed with what I have seen. The unit as a whole has improved. How much improved is yet to be determined. But, if these guys are te real deal that would free up the 2012 picks for the OL, NT and MLB.

Doogie36
10-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Something happened in this alternate universe we are living in right now. The front 7 are stinking it up and the 4 deep guys are playing very good football.

Yet others are saying the LB's are dropping back in coverage too much! could this also be the reason why the 4 DEEP guys appear to be playing good football? :stirpot