PDA

View Full Version : Everybody that said Ben had a great year last season ????

unionsteeler
10-03-2011, 09:56 PM
He played in 16 total games

21 Tds totaling 1.3 per game
9 INTs totaling .57 per game

This year Ben has 4 games in ....

4 Tds totaling 1 per game
5 Ints totaling 1.25 per game

This guy was praised for such a great year last season ... if you ask me these numbers suck !

102 million dollar contract and this is what we get ? People are all over what the Defensive players make but the Defense keeps us in virtually every game and is ranked in the Top of the league on a yearly basis !

He is not worth the money he is being paid PERIOD. I dont care about the few spectacular plays he makes once or twice every few games. He doesnt make enough average plays that the mediocre NFL Qb makes and ends up having trying to pull plays out his butt !

I think he had 10 completions in the AFCCG and a INt and yet people say how great he played scrambling for a first down ?

I hope Batch or Dixion start this week and gets the win. Oh how much better people will be saying the Oline played this week, when really its that Ben has become a bottom of the league QB that was never more than an average QB playing above his head on a team that has had a great defense backing him up for years !

How many Super Bowls would Ben have if he got drafted by the Browns , bengals, Buffalo or any myriad of other teams ? none I say, he was lucky to be drafted by the Steelers, if not I would bet wouldnt be more than a backup or out of the league by now.

hawaiiansteel
10-03-2011, 10:02 PM
How many Super Bowls would Ben have if he got drafted by the Browns , bengals, Buffalo or any myriad of other teams ? none I say, he was lucky to be drafted by the Steelers, if not I would bet wouldnt be more than a backup or out of the league by now.

I disagree -

Ben would be a starter on most teams and he would definitely still be in the league...

Snatch98
10-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Where do these people come from? *disturbed*

Dee Dub
10-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Ben is playing behind the worst O-line in the NFL and someone starts a thread about what a bad season he is having?

Priceless!

:roll:

Scarletfire1970
10-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks, 43. Your opinion is noted. :roll:

fordfixer
10-03-2011, 11:45 PM

This guy was praised for such a great year last season ... if you ask me these numbers suck !
102 million dollar contract and this is what we get ? People are all over what the Defensive players make but the Defense keeps us in virtually every game and is ranked in the Top of the league on a yearly basis !

He is not worth the money he is being paid PERIOD. I dont care about the few spectacular plays he makes once or twice every few games. He doesnt make enough average plays that the mediocre NFL Qb makes and ends up having trying to pull plays out his butt !

I think he had 10 completions in the AFCCG and a INt and yet people say how great he played scrambling for a first down ?

I hope Batch or Dixion start this week and gets the win. Oh how much better people will be saying the Oline played this week, when really its that Ben has become a bottom of the league QB that was never more than an average QB playing above his head on a team that has had a great defense backing him up for years !

So who asked you?

unionsteeler
10-04-2011, 01:49 AM

So who asked you?

So I guess your another Ben apologist ? You cant see the truth through your own man crush on Ben.

unionsteeler
10-04-2011, 01:55 AM

Disturbed at the fact that people think that these pathetic below average performances by Ben are "great" when in reality he is below average. If Batch or Dixion start we win....if Ben starts hurt again we our 2-3

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-04-2011, 02:16 AM

So who asked you?

So I guess your another Ben apologist ? You cant see the truth through your own man crush on Ben.

Why does someone have to be an apologist to say that he had a good year last year? Why is it that you can only tell the story with numbers, don't you watch the games?

I'll agree that he is not playing nearly as well this season, and has made several key mistakes even when he has had time. The floater to Ed Reed in game one comes to mind. I am just as confident that no other QB thrives behind this line.

I find it hilarious how the national media was fawning all over Romo who played a game injured thus meaning that he has finally arrived. Ben had his nose broken in a game and did not miss a snap. He has played with broken bones in his foot, he has played after linemen have come crashing down on his lower leg, and he is a drama queen.

fordfixer
10-04-2011, 02:35 AM

So who asked you?

Good come back. Did you come up with that on your own or did your mom help you?

unionsteeler
10-04-2011, 03:47 AM

So who asked you?

Good come back. Did you come up with that on your own or did your mom help you?

Oh ya it was a briilant come back to " who asked you"

unionsteeler
10-04-2011, 03:54 AM

So who asked you?

Why does someone have to be an apologist to say that he had a good year last year? Why is it that you can only tell the story with numbers, don't you watch the games?

I'll agree that he is not playing nearly as well this season, and has made several key mistakes even when he has had time. The floater to Ed Reed in game one comes to mind. I am just as confident that no other QB thrives behind this line.

I find it hilarious how the national media was fawning all over Romo who played a game injured thus meaning that he has finally arrived. Ben had his nose broken in a game and did not miss a snap. He has played with broken bones in his foot, he has played after linemen have come crashing down on his lower leg, and he is a drama queen.

Ben is the biggest drama queen in the league. If he is so hurt playing all these games he only hurts this team. He stunk the first game healthy . I watch all the games and have season tickets.... When is the last good game he played ? 2 years ago ? For christ sake Rogers scores 6 TD's in one damn game ! Ben is at the end of jis career here... he will flame out as big as his rise up on the backs of the Defense and surrounding cast .

Its comical when the team wins its all Bens doing... now that he is sucking bigtime its everyone esles fault.

Jooser
10-04-2011, 04:26 AM

Disturbed at the fact that people think that these pathetic below average performances by Ben are "great" when in reality he is below average. If Batch or Dixion start we win....if Ben starts hurt again we our 2-3

Better than Mark Malone! :loser

Pahn711
10-04-2011, 08:12 AM

So apparently TDs and INTs are the only statistics that prove the worth of a quarterback now. Last year his passer rating, completion percentage, yards per completion and yards per game were all in the top 5 of quarterback rankings. I take more stock in those numbers.

I think we all know who the real drama queen is here....

Notleadpoisoned
10-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Some people just always have to have something to whine and complain about. It's simply the make up of their personalites.

williar
10-04-2011, 12:14 PM

So who asked you?

Ben is the biggest drama queen in the league. If he is so hurt playing all these games he only hurts this team. He stunk the first game healthy . I watch all the games and have season tickets.... When is the last good game he played ? 2 years ago ? For christ sake Rogers scores 6 TD's in one damn game ! Ben is at the end of jis career here... he will flame out as big as his rise up on the backs of the Defense and surrounding cast .

Its comical when the team wins its all Bens doing... now that he is sucking bigtime its everyone esles fault.

People hate when you tell the truth about Ben. As you said, he wasn't that great to begin with and now with out a dominant defense to carry him Ben is being exposed for what he really is. A QB whose physical tools can no longer compensate for his mental deficiencies.

You see, when Ben was young and fresh and could run around, take a licking and keep on ticking and had bettis, parker, a young Hines Ward, a serviceable OL, a young, strong, dominant defense at his disposal he really thought that he was the reason the steelers were great. So, I guess he figured he didn't need to work on his game. WRONG!

Fast forward to today, you have a battered and bruised QB who hasn't done anything to improve his game. A defense that is older, no longer dominant and looking to see if their QB can ever carry them along for the ride.

Why Ben doesn't receive more criticism from fans is amazing to me. This guy is still playing the same reckless, mistake prone, undisciplined football he was playing when he came into the league.

Just a couple of years ago, I believe it was the year before Aaron Rogers went all world, he was the most sacked QB in the league. People were saying the same things about his OL getting him killed, Rogers holding the ball too long etc... Obviously, Rogers had some pride about himself to improve his game some areas of his game. What do you have now, Aaron Rogers, the ELITE QB....What do some steeler fans say about that? Oh! He has a great OL... I'm like really? In just one year his line went to one of the worse to one of the best? Was it the line that improved that much or was it Rogers.....Things to make you go mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

unionsteeler
10-04-2011, 07:27 PM

So apparently TDs and INTs are the only statistics that prove the worth of a quarterback now. Last year his passer rating, completion percentage, yards per completion and yards per game were all in the top 5 of quarterback rankings. I take more stock in those numbers.

Ya its Ben... missed practice this week due to a conference call about the rape he committed in Reno... He will take publicity anyway he can get it .

As for numbers ....Ben's cap number was almost 16 million last year... Almost 1 million per TD pass...what a bargain !!!!!! Worth every penny !!!! NOT !!!!!

hawaiiansteel
10-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Ya its Ben... missed practice this week due to a conference call about the rape he committed in Reno... He will take publicity anyway he can get it .

As for numbers ....Ben's cap number was almost 16 million last year... Almost 1 million per TD pass...what a bargain !!!!!! Worth every penny !!!! NOT !!!!!

are you a Steelers fan or did you just come to this board to be a troll?

Captain Lemming
10-04-2011, 07:56 PM

Ben is was top 5 in two of the four stats you list. Not top 5 in yards per game and not close to top 5 in completion percentage.

Ben is neither a bum like some say nor faultless as others seem to think.

If you are going to "blame" him for struggling today you need to credit him equally for former success.

Conversely, if you credit him for former success, you gotta give him some responsibility for his bad play as well. I fall into this latter category.

To assign credit/blame Ben ONLY for one type of outcome is not consistent.

Northern_Blitz
10-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Ben's not a stat guy. He's a gut it out, try to win it any way you can kind of guy.

He's a guy that will put together that game winning drive more often than his peers. He's also sometimes a guy that will turn it over 3 times in the first half so that you need those dramatic 4th quarter heroics.

He's more Favre than Marino (or more Barry Sanders than Priest Holmes). He won't be consistantly good...but sometimes he'll be downright magical and do things that very few in the league can accomplish.

It means that we as fans will be on a rollercoaster as long as he's dressing in the black and gold. But, I'll bet you 1000-1 that when he's done here we'll be waiting along time for another QB to have the same success he's had.

Pahn711
10-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Ben is was top 5 in two of the four stats you list. Not top 5 in yards per game and not close to top 5 in completion percentage.

Nit-picking when I was just generalizing to prove a point. His stats were still pretty damn good in comparison.

2010 Yards Per Game:
1. Phillip Rivers - 294
2. Peyton Manning - 294
3. Drew Brees - 289
4. Kyle Orton - 281
5. Matt Schaub - 273
6. Ben Roethlisberger -267

And as far as completion percentage goes, besides the top dogs Brady, Rivers, Rodgers and Manning, the next tier of quarterbacks are within a percentage point or less of each other at 61%.

Discipline of Steel
10-04-2011, 10:33 PM
I dont question Ben...he has a 2-1 record in the Super Bowl.

hawaiiansteel
10-05-2011, 12:38 AM

especially when that means we have gotten to the Super Bowl 3 times since we drafted Ben to be our franchise QB.

we are so spoiled as Steelers fans, I have a lot of friends whose favorite teams have never even gotten close to appearing in the Super Bowl during that time frame...

fordfixer
10-05-2011, 12:47 AM

especially when that means we have gotten to the Super Bowl 3 times since we drafted Ben to be our franchise QB.

we are so spoiled as Steelers fans, I have a lot of friends whose favorite teams have never even gotten close to appearing in the Super Bowl during that time frame...

Really a lot of friends? Come on now :lol:

hawaiiansteel
10-05-2011, 01:01 AM

okay, I'm counting my Mom, Dad, brother and two other old high school friends...that's a lot, isn't it? :D

fordfixer
10-05-2011, 01:05 AM

okay, I'm counting my Mom, Dad, brother and two other old high school friends...that's a lot, isn't it? :D
Oh your counting the fam also, forget I sad anything :wink:

NJ-STEELER
10-09-2011, 04:20 PM
bump

lol

Iron Shiek
10-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Nice call NJ. There really is nothing else that needs to be said. Close this thread, and sticky it!!!! :owned

pittpete
10-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Bens 5 TD passes today were him just being his usual drama queen self. :lol:

Scarletfire1970
10-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I doubt we will be hearing from the anti Ben clan this week. :tt2

Today's game should prove that when Ben has proper protection like all other top QBs in this league enjoy, he can perform like a top QB.

SteelAbility
10-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Bens 5 TD passes today were him just being his usual drama queen self. :lol:

:lol: Yeah, running the score up like that. Total drama queen. :Boobs

feltdizz
10-09-2011, 06:52 PM
The Ben lovers are insane...

don't get me wrong, he played a hell of a game but umm.... isn't that the point? Who is going to bash the OL after this week? Who will bash the DL, BA, Tomlin etc after putting together a great performance?

I don't get it... Ben had 9 or 10 TO's in 2 losses and his fans make a million excuses for why he has to hold onto the ball to make plays

He adjusted, got rid of the ball quickly and most of his drops were 3 steps and people scream "where are the Ben detractors now?"

What world do you guys live in?

Ben had an awesome game because he got the ball out fast and this is what most of the fans who criticized Ben have been screaming for. Ben didn't hold the ball, try to fight through tacklers and take sacks to get this win.

Please don't think I'm bashing Ben... I'm not, I'm bashing those who excused his play in the losses and act like he played the exact same way to get this win. He had 5 TD's because he was playing like we all expect him too. When he doesn't play up to our expectations and has 5 TO's you will hear criticism.

Today he deserves :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow

It's not about protection as much as it is getting the ball out quickly and letting the other players make plays.

pittpete
10-09-2011, 07:02 PM
It's not about protection as much as it is getting the ball out quickly and letting the other players make plays

Id say both.

feltdizz
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
It's not about protection as much as it is getting the ball out quickly and letting the other players make plays

Id say both.

True.. I'm not downplaying anyone's game today but I think getting the ball out quickly makes an OL look better. Same thing with RB's hitting the hole and not dancing.