PDA

View Full Version : Two positives from yesterday....

steelerkeylargo
10-03-2011, 11:07 AM
1) Polamalu played great again. He was all over the place and seemed like he is 100 %.

2) OUR DB'S PLAYED SOME PRESS COVERAGE!!!! HOLY CRAP I WAS SHOCKED. IT DIDN'T LOOK TO BAD EITHER.

Eddie Spaghetti
10-03-2011, 11:15 AM
I would disagree that troy played great. He missed several tackles.

he had one great series and needs to bring that focus for an entire game.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Isaac Redman looked good, when he got a chance to play.

RussBII
10-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Isaac Redman looked good, when he got a chance to play.

We need to bench Mendy and let Redman start a game. That kid knows how to hit a hole. I don't blame Mendy for being a little scared, but that's not really an option...

JAR
10-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Hate to say it, but Smitty being hurt may be a positive.

Snatch98
10-03-2011, 01:08 PM
I would disagree that troy played great. He missed several tackles.

he had one great series and needs to bring that focus for an entire game.

What game were you watching? Several tackles? If he missed a tackle it was the one in the backfield. He had ONE angle to take because of the mass of offensive lineman and defensive lineman. Foster made a HUGE jump cut and ONLY stayed up right because of the pile of men he was able to put his hands on. Otherwise he's down in the backfield. Polamalu has been fantastic the last two games.

I was listening to the radio yesterday (DVE I believe) and they said that the team is as pleased with Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen as they were with Brown and Sanders. It was then suggested we may be seeing those rookies sooner rather than later. Our primary problem right now is the offensive line. We have the pieces on the defensive line, at least in the young guys, Hood and Heyward. When Keisel returns our run d should improve. Aaron Smith also looked better last night, maybe he just needed to shake off the rust. The lockout certainly didn't help him after recovering from that injury.

I'm in no way, shape or form implying our team will be on the mend soon because without steady o-line play were hosed. However our schedule is weak and we should be able to win a bunch of games. The problem with that is if the issues aren't addressed and we go one and done we're further down the draft board for a worthy offensive lineman. I guess we'll see what happens BUT all the doom and gloom around here is bordering the ridiculous.

steelblood
10-03-2011, 01:13 PM
1) Polamalu played great again. He was all over the place and seemed like he is 100 %.

2) OUR DB'S PLAYED SOME PRESS COVERAGE!!!! HOLY CRAP I WAS SHOCKED. IT DIDN'T LOOK TO BAD EITHER.

We've been playing a fair amount of press coverage since last season in the playoffs.

SteelerNation1
10-03-2011, 01:27 PM
The only positive from yesterday is...it is over.

Oviedo
10-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Two more positives:

1. Arians has taken this offense as far as he can and should go after the season
2. It should be evident to all by now that the league has figured out our defense (actually started about two years ago) and that LeBeau has run out of ideas and he should go too. Ever hear of blitzing???????

StarSpangledSteeler
10-03-2011, 02:10 PM
OUR DB'S PLAYED SOME PRESS COVERAGE!!!! HOLY CRAP I WAS SHOCKED. IT DIDN'T LOOK TO BAD EITHER.

I was just thinking the same thing. Holy crap. We're pressing. And it's actually working!!

hawaiiansteel
10-03-2011, 02:19 PM
The only positive from yesterday is...it is over.

yeah, I thought the two biggest positives from yesterday were halftime (man, did we ever get dominated that first half) and when the game was over without Ben actually being broken in half.

Eddie Spaghetti
10-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Aaron Smith also looked better last night, maybe he just needed to shake off the rust. The lockout certainly didn't help him after recovering from that injury.

what game were you watching?

smitty is getting pushed around like a freaking rag doll on almost every play.