PDA

View Full Version : Week 11 Bye

steelerkeylargo
10-03-2011, 09:25 AM
When I first saw that our bye was in week 11 I thought sweet. Get healthy before the playoff run. Man, this team could really use a bye week right now.

steelblood
10-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Maybe. But, this is absolutely the easiest schedule that this team has had in 10 years. We are only playing 4 or 5 games against teams that should finish with a winning record. The schedule is the least of our problems. We need to play the young guys. Get them out there. It will pay off. Maybe this year, maybe next year. But, the older, underperforming vets are not going to win playoff games for us.

steelerkeylargo
10-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Maybe. But, this is absolutely the easiest schedule that this team has had in 10 years. We are only playing 4 or 5 games against teams that should finish with a winning record. The schedule is the least of our problems. We need to play the young guys. Get them out there. It will pay off. Maybe this year, maybe next year. But, the older, underperforming vets are not going to win playoff games for us.

I totally agree...our schedule practically guarantees a playoff spot. HOWEVER, I don't think we could beat any playoff caliber team right now.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-03-2011, 10:16 AM
We aren't a playoff team right now. We aren't the best team in our division. There is no reason to pencil in a playoff birth just by looking at the schedule. The Steelers have an uphill battle just to hit 10-6 so don't make any resevations just yet. Right now they are playing like a 9-7 / 8-8 team. Can that change...Absolutely. Don't forget though...The other teams could get better as the season goes on. The ball is in the coaches court now. Lets see what kind of coaches we have.

Steelgal
10-03-2011, 11:33 AM

I totally agree...our schedule practically guarantees a playoff spot. HOWEVER, I don't think we could beat any playoff caliber team right now.

I don't see this team as a playoff contendor and have my doubts they even get in. The Ravens are better than us, which leaves getting in as a wild card. Sure they might, but it's not guaranteed and I'm not sure how likely it is. This team has looked completely putrid. It's not just one thing that needs to be fixed either, but they need major improvement in several areas.

Who knows if Ben will even be able to play next weekend. If I was him and knew they were playing the Titans, who have looked very good on defense this year, I'd be very worried about making it out of the game. I don't think there is any easy fixes for the oline. They need different personnel and a different OC. The defense is getting old, but I think there's more hope they can turn it around than the offense.

I'm thinking 8-8 or 9-7 at this point.

LouSteel
10-03-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm thinking 8-8 or 9-7 at this point.

I'm thinking the same.

Next week's game against the Titans is much bigger than we'd like to admit. If the rest of the season continues as it has so far, the AFC East will send 2 strong teams to the conference, and the Titans & Texans will be battling for the South.

We NEED a win over the Titans... because if we lose to them, I worry there won't be a wildcard for us to have.

steeler_george
10-03-2011, 12:33 PM
We aren't a playoff team right now. We aren't the best team in our division. There is no reason to pencil in a playoff birth just by looking at the schedule. The Steelers have an uphill battle just to hit 10-6 so don't make any resevations just yet. Right now they are playing like a 9-7 / 8-8 team. Can that change...Absolutely. Don't forget though...The other teams could get better as the season goes on. The ball is in the coaches court now. Lets see what kind of coaches we have.

This post of the year!