PDA

View Full Version : Would calling the game different have made a difference?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-03-2011, 07:39 AM
BA is BA.

But my question is - with this offensive line being so porous, would someone else making the calls really have made a difference?

My feeling is it would ... roll outs, fast-paced no huddle, plays taking advantage of lineman coming in with their ears pinned back ... these might have given us the chance to move the ball better.

Who is the assistant OC?

Eich
10-03-2011, 08:39 AM
The play calling did seem to change a bit from the 1st half to the 2nd half, so I would say yes, play calling would have made a difference.

I can't FATHOM why we aren't featuring no-huddle early in the game. Ben loves it and we always seem to do well with it. I think it would help protect Ben as well. We keep hearing that we're going to see it, so where is it?

I often see Flacco run a designed roll-out. I think that helps a QB avoid pressure. Why don't we see that more with Ben? Instead of staying in the pocket until forced out, roll-out by design! Ben is one of the best at throwing on the run.

Also, it's time to play the old geezers LESS and let the young guys get more experience. And behind this horrific line, I think it's time to start Redman and let Spindenhall and MeMo spell him.

feltdizz
10-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Doesn't matter..... I think playing Redman and even playing Batch would make this offense look better.

Batch isn't anywhere near Ben's caliber but I think he would respect the lack of OL protection and get the ball out. Ben looks like 2008 Ben in the Washington game... he looks shell shocked. Is he practicing or rehabbing during the week?

..and no, I don't think Batch needs to replace Ben for the season... I just think Ben needs to rest and see the game better.