PDA

View Full Version : New practice rules hurting the Steelers?

steelnavy
10-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Could the new practice rules be negatively affecting the Offensive and Defensive line play? Practice on the field is in a way like studying for a test. I have been studying for almost my entire career, and sometimes when new information is provided to me in a different way, I can't grasp it as quickly.

Could the coaching staff be having problems with less practicing in pads? I just spent the last three weeks learning how to fly a different aircraft and didn't have access to a mock up cockpit to practice in before getting in the simulator. It was extremely hard to "chair fly" procedures without the muscle memory and hand/eye coordination that goes along with it. Maybe the coaches need to re-learn how to teach the plays to the players every week? Maybe the new rules benefit some coaches' teaching styles this year that might not have done so well prior to the change?

I don't keep up with Buffalo that much, but they sure got a lot better since last year, and their qback happens to be a Harvard graduate. Maybe cerebral ability (coaches and players) plays a bigger role now? And look at Houston, they are a lot better than last year. Chan Gailey/Gary Kubiak = cerebral. Bruce Arians = not cerebral. Coincidence?

fordfixer
10-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Could the new practice rules be negatively affecting the Offensive and Defensive line play? Practice on the field is in a way like studying for a test. I have been studying for almost my entire career, and sometimes when new information is provided to me in a different way, I can't grasp it as quickly.

Could the coaching staff be having problems with less practicing in pads? I just spent the last three weeks learning how to fly a different aircraft and didn't have access to a mock up cockpit to practice in before getting in the simulator. It was extremely hard to "chair fly" procedures without the muscle memory and hand/eye coordination that goes along with it. Maybe the coaches need to re-learn how to teach the plays to the players every week? Maybe the new rules benefit some coaches' teaching styles this year that might not have done so well prior to the change?

I don't keep up with Buffalo that much, but they sure got a lot better since last year, and their qback happens to be a Harvard graduate. Maybe cerebral ability (coaches and players) plays a bigger role now? And look at Houston, they are a lot better than last year. Chan Gailey/Gary Kubiak = cerebral. Bruce Arians = not cerebral. Coincidence?

It hasn't seemed to hurt the other teams

chiken
10-03-2011, 01:19 AM
I was actually thinking this. We were once a very proud Physical Team, but our physicality has been stripped from us.. I wonder is it because we are hitting less in practice..

Ghost
10-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Not buying it. That's just a lame excuse. The ravens took the wood to the Steelers and embarrassed the Jets last night. They are doing just fine with the new practice rules and being as physical as ever.

steelblood
10-03-2011, 09:16 AM
I think that more than the new practice rules, the Steelers are most hurt by the fact that they are playing like crap.

pfelix73
10-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Well, it could down the road.... for all teams...

For example-

Because the Steelers are coming off of a loss such as this, in the past the Steeler coaching staff (other teams would as well) could make them go back and put their pads on and hit in practice on Wednesdays. and Thursdays....

Not now with the current CBA... They cannot put the pads on this week and have some serious hitting in practice to work out any frustrations, technique, etc...Can't happen.....

I thought this was football?

:tt2

BradshawsHairdresser
10-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Not buying it. That's just a lame excuse. The ravens took the wood to the Steelers and embarrassed the Jets last night. They are doing just fine with the new practice rules and being as physical as ever.
$$$$

I think that more than the new practice rules, the Steelers are most hurt by the fact that they are playing like crap.
:Clap :Clap :Clap :Agree