PDA

View Full Version : What I saw on Sunday - Week 4

Blitz-en
10-02-2011, 09:25 PM
My two cents:

- Really easy, if your QB can't stay upright for as long as the WR's routes take, you need to adjust your play calling. Or, OC needs to talk to QB about taking what is available underneath. Plain and simple

- If your starting RB can't gain any yards, and your backup comes in and runs for 40 yards on 6 carries............you make the change. Is it me or has Redman's carries been limited over the past two games? Yep, it's true, Redman is being held back.

- The offensive line is obviously bad. You lost both tackles in the off season and you didn't replace them. I'm a supporter of Tomlin, but he dropped the ball on this one. See later rant on him.

- When you have the weapons on offense that the Steelers have, you need to use them. Get Wallace, Brown and Sanders the ball on the run, use Hines and Heath for possession receivers and utilize your quick running backs in the passing game, yada, yada, yada. Am I speaking to a brick wall here? Did Heath have a catch today? I didn't think so.

- First time in a long while that I can admit that both lines have been manhandled in 4 straight games. I'm embarrassed.

- Where's the blitz? Does anybody remember the Steelers defense being referred to as the Blitzburgh defense?

- For the first time since Tomlin took over, I'm dissappointed by him. I like the guy and have wholeheartedly supported him since he checked in as coach of the Steelers. But, this year, he has totally dropped the ball. I don't understand how he fields such an unprepared team. I'm very, very dissappointed in him right now.

- There are some obvious problems on this team. This is a team, one year removed from a Super Bowl appearance. So, it's not an issue of lack of talent. It's not an issue of inexperience. This, honestly, isn't even an issue of getting old. This is an issue of negligence, and that is unexcusable. That is just total laziness. Tomlin needs to get on this and quit acting like all is well.

I'm discouraged. Very, very discouraged.

Djfan
10-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Miller had three for 15 yards.

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Ste ... 199229.php (http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Steelers-Texans-Long-Stats-2199229.php)

I agree on the rest. Tomlin is on my short list if I'm Rooney.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Super Bowl hangover.

They still think they're so good they don't really have to do anything different...don't know what it will take to wake them up.

Ghost
10-02-2011, 09:42 PM
- First time in a long while that I can admit that both lines have been manhandled in 4 straight games. I'm embarrassed.

This is the most disturbing. They are being completely physically mauled. And the Colts and Texans are not known as exceptionally tough teams. What do think the discussion is when they watch the film and see themselves being pushed all over the field.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-02-2011, 09:53 PM

This is the most disturbing. They are being completely physically mauled. And the Colts and Texans are not known as exceptionally tough teams. What do think the discussion is when they watch the film and see themselves being pushed all over the field.

Wow, would love to be a fly on the wall ...

Blitz-en
10-02-2011, 09:57 PM

Wow, would love to be a fly on the wall ...

I honestly think they pat each other on the back and say, "that's okay, you tried hard, don't worry about it". Sh!t, I work a normal job and would get fired for being so inadequate. These guys make millions!

DukieBoy
10-02-2011, 10:01 PM

They can watch film and talk about it all day every day, but they are limited in how much they can actually practice in pads that which they need to change. And with the lines, I think practicing in pads with contact is important.

Ghost
10-02-2011, 10:05 PM
This was from Harrison after the game:

"We've got to get something done because what we're doing is not working right now," Harrison said, his head slightly bowed, after the Steelers dropped to 2-2 and bolstered the Texans' argument for legitimacy. "We've got to get things shored up point-blank period. Whether it's changing this and changing that, I don't know, but we've got to do something because it's not working itself out right now."

Read more: Steelers come up short against Texans - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1ZgEypPIQ (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_759855.html#ixzz1ZgEypPIQ)

SidSmythe
10-02-2011, 10:27 PM
at this point, you watch the film and say ... "well this is what we have to work with now ...so good luck guys. It's going to be a long season"

Jooser
10-02-2011, 10:37 PM
- For the first time since Tomlin took over, I'm dissappointed by him. I like the guy and have wholeheartedly supported him since he checked in as coach of the Steelers. But, this year, he has totally dropped the ball. I don't understand how he fields such an unprepared team. I'm very, very dissappointed in him right now.

- There are some obvious problems on this team. This is a team, one year removed from a Super Bowl appearance. So, it's not an issue of lack of talent. It's not an issue of inexperience. This, honestly, isn't even an issue of getting old. This is an issue of negligence, and that is unexcusable. That is just total laziness. Tomlin needs to get on this and quit acting like all is well.

Agreed.

And I'd like to just add that given all the overpaid janitor comments that I have defended him from over the last few years, I am beginning to believe now is the time to pick up the damned broom and sweep the slate clean. In other words, he's gotten all the mileage out of the old vets and cheapo OL that he's going to get. It's time to pay the piper and rebuild this mess. This is where he starts to earn his money, IMO. The last time the team looked bad after a Super Bowl appearance he bluffed about unleashing hell. The team looks worse this time around, so he'd better pull off something radical or the Rooney's my be bluffing about keeping him around. BA and Lebeau should have retired after last year, everyone in the league has figured them out. That is all.

Djfan
10-02-2011, 10:39 PM
I agree Joos.