PDA

View Full Version : Transition Year?? Like 2006

SidSmythe
10-02-2011, 08:46 PM
I said it last week.
Lets face it ....We're screwed.
Our strengths are Weak (ie. stopping the run, rushing the passer)

Time for a Youth Movement ... we started 2006 at 2-6 and finished strong.
This team still has a very strong core, we just have some oldies sticking around that just can't compete anymore.

Djfan
10-02-2011, 08:50 PM
That is the only reasonable view. This season should be the end of BA,

PLEASE!!!!

Herewegosteelers!
10-02-2011, 08:51 PM
:Agree on both....

Pahn711
10-02-2011, 08:53 PM
How many old guys are we really talking about? Theres a few on defense, thats not enough to call replacing them a youth movement. The o-line is getting younger, just not better. And we already have two young guys at defensive end to replace the vets. What else do we need besides a middle linebacker to replace Foote/Farrior?

Djfan
10-02-2011, 09:02 PM
How many old guys are we really talking about? Theres a few on defense, thats not enough to call replacing them a youth movement. The o-line is getting younger, just not better. And we already have two young guys at defensive end to replace the vets. What else do we need besides a middle linebacker to replace Foote/Farrior?

Cut Foote and make Farrior a backup. Cut A Smith.

SteelStallion
10-02-2011, 09:28 PM
I agree with Sid. I mean my God, Smith-Hampton-Keisel-Farrior are from the Cowher era. They should be rotating, not starting. They can't stop the run anymore. Hood-McClendon-Heywood-Sylvester need to be starting, playing and developing, not watching. The o-line obviously needs rebuilt. O can't even function anymore. And please spare me the 'they went to the sb' crap. You can't beat time and their time s up. Too much age carring high salaries.

RuthlessBurgher
10-02-2011, 09:39 PM

This helps how? Zero savings on the cap, and decreasing our depth on defense. Not exactly a fix-all solution.

Shoe
10-02-2011, 10:09 PM
I hope not (but it's lining up like that).

I don't care about no top picks, etc. I would prefer that we limp to a playoff appearance and lose in the first round than becoming a scrub team. I don't care if it's like Seattle last year (losing record). Playoffs always trumps top 10 pick.

SidSmythe
10-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Like I said, this team still has a good core and talent.

But when's the last time you've seen teams GASH us in the RUNNING GAME???

Time for some young guys to step in and step up!!

Djfan
10-02-2011, 10:14 PM

I get the fact that after week one they are on the hook for the entire contract, and that it won't help the cap. The fact is that these guys are not producing at a pro level right now.
We have their replacements on the roster right now. They need playing time.

That's how it helps.

Pahn711
10-03-2011, 02:39 PM

I get the fact that after week one they are on the hook for the entire contract, and that it won't help the cap. The fact is that these guys are not producing at a pro level right now.
We have their replacements on the roster right now. They need playing time.

That's how it helps.

You are declaring Sylvester, a guy who has played nothing but special teams as the new quarterback of the defense? Yeah whatever dude :roll:

Cutting veterans who are also team leaders does not help us at this point, on any level at all.

steelblood
10-03-2011, 02:53 PM

This helps how? Zero savings on the cap, and decreasing our depth on defense. Not exactly a fix-all solution.

But it is a knee-jerk reaction. Don't those solve problems?

Doogie36
10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
i say we cut them all. Its clear this entire team is just HORRIBLE. :stirpot