PDA

View Full Version : Quarter poles most underachieving Steeler is...

Shoe
10-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Lamarr Woodley! :Clap

A lot of our guys obviously are falling short of expectations, I agree. But how I base this is how legitimate the reasoning is for your play. In other words, the old guys (Farrior, Smith, etc.), of course it's not an "excuse", but they are old. Guys on the O-line have low expectations to begin with... Harrison is hurt, whether you wanted to believe it back in preseason (everyone was saying he'd be fine). Woodley has no excuse. He got taken care of by the FO, he's in a system he knows backward and forward and is conducive to the OLB, he has vets across the board (such that, he wouldn't be the focus of any team, in terms of stopping him), and he continues to blow.

All I know is, he has stolen money from the Steelers this month.

Eddie Spaghetti
10-02-2011, 06:12 PM
timmons isn't far behind.

Scarletfire1970
10-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Woodley
Timmons
Pouncey (the rest of the oline just sucks- no expectations there)

Steelhere10
10-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Ben- He have more turnovers than Grandma apple pies.

Discipline of Steel
10-02-2011, 07:08 PM
I would say definately Ben with his 11 turnovers...cant win games like that...BUT, football is a team sport and i think Bens TOs are certainly a reflection of the very inferior OL play. He really had a rough go of it today with the porous line and im surprised he completed as many passes as he did.

pittpete
10-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Woodley
Mendenhall
Ben
Hood
Smith and Farrior should not be starters in the NFL moving forward.

Herewegosteelers!
10-02-2011, 07:24 PM
There are quite a few but Woodley is one for sure......He was signed before the season for 6 years $61.5 mil which averages to wow! per season...

JDSteeler
10-02-2011, 08:56 PM
If I had it my way...

Mendy and Woodley would be benched for a quarter in the next game.

JD

Shoe
10-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Bne certainly had a lot of blame in Wk 1 (I didn't sit and watch that game though). I have watched the other three, and while Ben's been sorta erratic, it's hard to place the amount of blame that I put on young "studs" like Woodley, when the protection is as poor as it is.

Woodley controls his own destiny to a large degree. Yes, having others step up frees him up more. But in any case, it's not like he's being double-teamed exlusively or anything near. He's had four games worth of opportunities.

papillon
10-02-2011, 10:16 PM
If I had it my way...

Mendy and Woodley would be benched for a quarter in the next game.

JD

Redman may moved Mendenhall there with his effort today. There's no one pushing Woodley, so he won't be benched, but Mendenhall could easily find himself sitting.

My vote for most under achieving Steeler right now is Mike Tomlin. His game management has been poor in every game this year. Some personnel decisions seem to be coming back to bite him in the @ss. The team looks lethargic in general.

I know the Steelers never push the panic button and this year will be no different. The Steelers are willing to live with the decisions they make and it has served them well over the years. However, they do seem to have some guys chomping at the bit to get on the field; it might be time to give them the chance.

Pappy

DukieBoy
10-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Kemo is a one-trick pony. What he does well is to pull on trap plays, where he is the aggressor in motion looking for a target. What he does poorly is pass protect and zone blocking. They ought to line him up at fullback and let him search and destroy as a lead blocker. On pass plays he can just stand there like a pick and let Ben run around him away from rushers.

Not intended to be a completely serious statement.

SidSmythe
10-02-2011, 10:50 PM
WOODLEY & TIMMONS get my vote

Timmons is lost half the time out there. Great athlete but he takes himself out of a lot of plays.

unionsteeler
10-02-2011, 11:03 PM
The defense was #2 overall in the league and people name 2 or 3 defensive players.

#7 is literally "offensive" this year ... go ahead people keep blaming the D ! :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah :Blah