PDA

View Full Version : Bright spots

winwithd
10-02-2011, 05:50 PM
I know right now everyone is focussing on the bad because there are definitely things that need improvement, but...

except for the XP block (isn't that an OLine problem) I thought the rest of the Special Teams play was pretty good.

Running game looked good in the second half. I thought Redman played pretty well again. Time to sit Mendy and send him a wake-up call. It worked a couple years ago when he was sat against Cincy and came back strong for several games. Still get Redman the ball more cause I think he has shown that he deserve the playing time.

My guess is that we will be ranked #1 against the pass after this week. It seemed to me all of Houston's passing game was the LB's getting beat underneath. Didn't Gay NOT suck today and Lewis had a nice pass defensed? I think the secondary is playing well given there is no pass rush.

Leper Friend
10-02-2011, 06:31 PM
I know right now everyone is focussing on the bad because there are definitely things that need improvement, but...

except for the XP block (isn't that an OLine problem) I thought the rest of the Special Teams play was pretty good.

Running game looked good in the second half. I thought Redman played pretty well again. Time to sit Mendy and send him a wake-up call. It worked a couple years ago when he was sat against Cincy and came back strong for several games. Still get Redman the ball more cause I think he has shown that he deserve the playing time.

My guess is that we will be ranked #1 against the pass after this week. It seemed to me all of Houston's passing game was the LB's getting beat underneath. Didn't Gay NOT suck today and Lewis had a nice pass defensed? I think the secondary is playing well given there is no pass rush.
Keenan Lewis should start. And yes I'm basing that on one pass defensed which is more than Bryant Mcfadden had all of last year. He doesn't look embarassingly out of place like Mcfadden when he's out there.

Shawn
10-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Lewis might get the most improved award. He has been looking better.

Ozey74
10-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Look at our schedule.....we have home games against the Pats & Baltimore that will be hard. Every other game is very winnable. Hopefully were playing our worst football & can get into a grove by January. Time for Tomlin to earn his $$.

pittpete
10-02-2011, 06:49 PM

The play that Johnson lets the inside rusher go right passed him?

Leper Friend
10-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Look at our schedule.....we have home games against the Pats & Baltimore that will be hard. Every other game is very winnable. Hopefully were playing our worst football & can get into a grove by January. Time for Tomlin to earn his $$.
This is the time of year I want to see them playing this bad but I don't know if they will snap out of this.

They just seem unwilling to adjust. They need to incorporate a quicker passing game and use Redman more. His downhill style fits this o-line better.

They are way to loyal to the vets on defense. Lewis should start but we all know as soon as Mcfadden is healthy he won't ever see the field , nor will any of the young corners. Heyward and hood need to play more,regardless of the health of Smith and Keisel.

But , of course , none of this will happen. They will be content beating bad teams and never adjusting against good ones.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-02-2011, 07:13 PM
It didn't rain.

The End.

winwithd
10-02-2011, 07:15 PM
I thought Wallace looked good early and looked open on the last drive but Ben was scrambling and didn't see him. I thought AB looked very quick/sudden. He's gonna really be a good one.

Didn't we pretty much shut down the run in the second half, other than Woodley and Troy taking bad angles on one play?

fordfixer
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
The Sun