PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 was not a fluke

steelz09
10-02-2011, 04:45 PM
The week 1 beatdown was not a fluke. If the Steelers played the Ravens today, they would have beat us by 30+ again.

The steelers are not improving. We are just as bad now as we were in week 1.

This is not a good team at the moment and if we keep it up, we'll be lucky to be a .500 record team. At least we have a weak schedule on our side.

Steelhere10
10-02-2011, 04:52 PM
IN reality this game wasn't as close as it looked. The Texans was averaging 5yds a carry without one of the better players in the league AJ.

Eddie Spaghetti
10-02-2011, 04:54 PM
i'm very concerned.

this team must improve in all areas.

coaches as well.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Yep.

What's disturbing is that the Steelers are so slow to make needed changes. It's like they think that just because they went to the Super Bowl last season, and three out of the last five seasons, they can ignore problem areas and somehow be OK.

LouSteel
10-02-2011, 04:55 PM
IN reality this game wasn't as close as it looked. The Texans was averaging 5yds a carry without one of the better players in the league AJ.

They also left 14 points on the field.

We can't even win if the other team spots us 2 TDs. :HeadBanger

rockonsteel
10-02-2011, 04:55 PM
BINGO!!

Rockon

Steelerphile
10-02-2011, 05:22 PM
The week 1 beatdown was not a fluke. If the Steelers played the Ravens today, they would have beat us by 30+ again.

The steelers are not improving. We are just as bad now as we were in week 1.

This is not a good team at the moment and if we keep it up, we'll be lucky to be a .500 record team. At least we have a weak schedule on our side.

I don't think this team can assume a victory against anyone or pin their hopes on this "weak schedule", they supposedly have. I think any NFL team has a shot against the Steelers, from henceforth and any victory will be savored.

Scarletfire1970
10-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Just tank the season and use the high pick for some offensive talent on the line.

Steelhere10
10-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Don't worry tanking is not necessary, they won't win 8 games. Top 15 I promise

Shoe
10-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Don't worry tanking is not necessary, they won't win 8 games. Top 15 I promise

That's a bit much.
We did show a lot of pride, coming out of the locker room and putting together a couple good scoring drives.

Though, if Ben's foot is long-term, of course I agree with you.

Steelhere10
10-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Think about this, we are 2-2 .Both are against two bad teams and one we should have lost. We was dominated week 1 and 4 by two good to decent teams. Old and slow, can't pass or run block and can't stop the run. And teams are yet to explore our secondary. With a Qb who turns the ball over every 20 plays. Trust me when I tell you we will be lucky to win 8.

Steeler Shades
10-02-2011, 06:36 PM
The good news is three-fold:
1st - fortunately we are competing in the AFC-North. Other than the ratbirds...an overall weak division.
2nd - we have a lot more teams like the seachicks and Colts on our weak schedule this year.
3rd - we have the rest of the regular season to fix our problems, heal and improve before the playoffs.

The bad news is that the remaining games against the bad/weak teams on our schedule are going to convince too many people that the Steelers are a good team and there is nothing to worry about. 8)

rockonsteel
10-02-2011, 08:37 PM
The good news is three-fold:
1st - fortunately we are competing in the AFC-North. Other than the ratbirds...an overall weak division.
2nd - we have a lot more teams like the seachicks and Colts on our weak schedule this year.
3rd - we have the rest of the regular season to fix our problems, heal and improve before the playoffs.

The bad news is that the remaining games against the bad/weak teams on our schedule are going to convince too many people that the Steelers are a good team and there is nothing to worry about. 8)

You mean kinda like how losing the SB in a "close" game to the Packers, has lead us to this point where we are now, after an offseason of no change, except to make a bad o-line worse?

Rockon

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Whether we improve or not depends whether our old guys get older slower than our young guys get better.