PDA

View Full Version : Time for Farrior to retire

Shawn
10-02-2011, 03:18 PM
He has been a great LBr for us, but wow has he become a liability especially in coverage.

Steelers>NFL
10-02-2011, 03:23 PM
yep.

Shawn
10-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Oh yeah add Ward to that list as well. Tell me how he is starting over Sanders or Brown?

Steelhere10
10-02-2011, 03:27 PM
No! Is time for them to bench him and then cut.

Steelhere10
10-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Btw did you see the Te knock him back 3 yds on that long run.

SteelStallion
10-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Farrior covering a wr? Really? I think this coaching staff is officially out of touch with reality. And please spare me the "they went to the sb" crap. Its like a sickness, still trying to win with Cowher's ancient players and the underdevelopment of the young guys.

But in all fairness it's the offense that stinks with that oline. I think it'll work out for the best. They have a nonplayoff year, they get some higher draft picks, reload with talent, retire some guys. They need to rebuild.

grotonsteel
10-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh yeah add Ward to that list as well. Tell me how he is starting over Sanders or Brown?

:Agree

That was a critical drop on 3rd down play.

Steelers>NFL
10-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Farrior covering a wr? Really? I think this coaching staff is officially out of touch with reality. And please spare me the "they went to the sb" crap. Its like a sickness, still trying to win with Cowher's ancient players and the underdevelopment of the young guys.

But in all fairness it's the offense that stinks with that oline. I think it'll work out for the best. They have a nonplayoff year, they get some higher draft picks, reload with talent, retire some guys. They need to rebuild.

also hire some new coaches (OC at the least)

DukieBoy
10-02-2011, 04:14 PM

Not that I disagree. But Brown must learn to recognize when he's got a hot route responsibilty and break of his route so Ben can hit him quick. He failed to break his route and run hot at least twice today.

Dee Dub
10-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Here's the full list...

James Farrior
Aaron Smith
Brett Keisel
Hines Ward
Ryan Clark

What is killing me about Farrior has very little to do with his age or his skills deminishing. I cannot believe how many times he is over pursuing the run. He over pursues, the back cuts back, and he is in no poistion to make a tackle.

And I have news for you...you are going to be forced to drop your inside backers in zone coverage more often when you do not have a free safety who can cover. Thus you see Farrior constantly in a miss-match in coverage.

Another year, another injury for Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel.

Steelhere10
10-02-2011, 05:46 PM
One of the two Hampton/Hoke has to go,
Also stop wasting money on Mcsuck and Foote

Shoe
10-02-2011, 05:57 PM
We have been saying this since that game a couple years back when Brian Leonard beat him like a drum in coverage. He actually played solid enough last year, but this writing has been on the wall for years. He's clearly gone. (And FWIW, it makes you say WOW when you consider how much the killer in Baltimore rarely gets exposed like Farrior is.)

Shawn
10-02-2011, 06:22 PM

Not that I disagree. But Brown must learn to recognize when he's got a hot route responsibilty and break of his route so Ben can hit him quick. He failed to break his route and run hot at least twice today.

I'll still take Brown. Ward has been dropping balls he used to catch for 2 seasons now. He looks like he is running through molasses. It's time.

Shoe
10-02-2011, 06:25 PM

I'll still take Brown. Ward has been dropping balls he used to catch for 2 seasons now. He looks like he is running through molasses. It's time.

Does it make that much of a difference though really? I mean, we go 3-4 wide much of the game anyway. It shouldn't change coverage much, since Wallace (keep the 8th guy from coming up anyway). And when we do go 3 wide, Hines would come in anyway.

Shawn
10-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Shoe...I'm not smart enough to know the answer to that question. What I do know is I would rather have Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Miller and Mendenhall out there...then any package that has Ward in it. I appreciate his years in the Burgh...he will go down as one of my favorite Steelers ever...but it was time a season ago.

pittpete
10-02-2011, 07:19 PM
YUUUUUUUPPPPP!!!!!!
http://fleamarketzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/storage_wars_dave_nov2010.jpg