PDA

View Full Version : Arians' Brilliance

AngryAsian
10-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Horrible state of the OL... so let's continue to call long developing pass plays. Where are your defenders... An almost 11 minute drive by the Texas, LeBeau is not doing any better.

Steelhere10
10-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Well on the bright side, we will be drafting high enough to get a quality olineman.

Ghost
10-02-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't know, 3rd and 2 and throwing it to the TE 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage seems like a great play call....

steelnavy
10-02-2011, 04:15 PM
The words Arians and brilliance do not belong in the same sentence.

Djfan
10-02-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm glad he took Redman out. He could get nothing done!

Leper Friend
10-02-2011, 04:46 PM
It's the long developing pass plays that are just inconceivable at this point. How does anyone watch game film of that Texans front 7, knowing the sub par o-line that is being put on the field and not try and compensate for that ? Seriously ,these are pro coaches who had all week to gameplan and it almost appears that they're oblivious to it. It's hard to watch.

pittpete
10-02-2011, 07:21 PM
At leaast there were no WR screens today

Jigawatts
10-02-2011, 07:59 PM
"Why don't they adjust?"- Mrs. Jigawatts.

If my wife can figure it out why can't Arians?

fordfixer
10-02-2011, 08:02 PM

Mrs Fordfixer asked "why do they keep running up the middle"

Djfan
10-02-2011, 08:47 PM

Did you explain that BA likes to go to what didn't work to confuse the other team?!?!?!?

Mrs. Fan asked "Do we get to hear about how BA sucks again all game??"

I said "Yes!"

JDSteeler
10-02-2011, 08:51 PM

I've Been SCREAMING at the top of my lungs about the RUTFM play-calling!!!

It aint gonna change, and Mendy is a sad little Bin Laden!!!

Redman HAS to start next Sunday...

JD

papillon
10-02-2011, 10:23 PM

Bruce Arians' lack of brilliance is evident and causing the Steelers' offense to struggle. Arians and brilliance seem perfectly normal to me in that sentence. :P Just sayin...

Pappy

Jooser
10-02-2011, 10:28 PM

Because when we run Mendy to the outside, "it's not his strength". -Dan Dierdork

DukieBoy
10-02-2011, 10:29 PM

Did you explain that BA likes to go to what didn't work to confuse the other team?!?!?!?

Mrs. Fan asked "Do we get to hear about how BA sucks again all game??"

I said "Yes!"

Is it possible that BA actually out-thinks himself? Cuz, technically, that takes thinking, which seems sorely lacking in the gameplanning and playcalling.

steelnavy
10-02-2011, 10:40 PM

Bruce Arians' lack of brilliance is evident and causing the Steelers' offense to struggle. Arians and brilliance seem perfectly normal to me in that sentence. :P Just sayin...

Pappy

Touche' Pappy!

winwithd
10-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Normally you'd think that anyone could outthink Arians. But we are talking about BA here so...

papillon
10-02-2011, 10:47 PM

Pappy

Touche' Pappy!

You have to have fun, it's good to see the board alive with people throwing their 2 cents in on this year's team, even though the year is off to a rocky start.

Pappy

SidSmythe
10-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm gonna say it again.

just for starters....B.A. needs to scrap this NO BACKS garbage

they go No Backs. I tell my son, "Great! here comes the blitz"
Ben takes a shot from behind (on an imcomplete pass).
With this O-line we need 2 people in the backfield at all times

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-02-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm gonna say it again.

just for starters....B.A. needs to scrap this NO BACKS garbage

they go No Backs. I tell my son, "Great! here comes the blitz"
Ben takes a shot from behind (on an imcomplete pass).
With this O-line we need 2 people in the backfield at all times

I think it might work now and then if our receivers read the hot route AND TURNED AROUND EARLY TO LOOK FOR THE BALL!!!

Who coaches that? Or in this case, ISN'T coaching that? Because if I am noticing that, it must be happening a lot.

Djfan
10-02-2011, 10:59 PM
One of Chuck Noll's legacy is that he was a teacher of men. He could get into the fray with any position or player and make them better.

I would like to see this with Tomlin.

fordfixer
10-02-2011, 11:03 PM
One of Chuck Noll's legacy is that he was a teacher of men. He could get into the fray with any position or player and make them better.

At this point I would like to see anything from Tomlin

Djfan
10-02-2011, 11:08 PM

Well said. I bet he just upholds the standard and unleashes hell.

steelz09
10-03-2011, 12:33 AM

I'm starting to lose faith in Tomlin. He's been less than impressive in regards to player and coach personnel decisions. He's spineless and his "standards", "unleash hell" and his other repetitive cliches are really getting old.

And to stay on topic... Arians should have been fired years ago. Again, Tomlin is too spineless to pull the trigger.

Djfan
10-03-2011, 12:34 AM

I'm starting to lose faith in Tomlin. He's been less than impressive in regards to player and coach personnel decisions. He's spineless and his "standards", "unleash hell" and his other repetitive cliches are really getting old.

And to stay on topic... Arians should have been fired years ago. Again, Tomlin is too spineless to pull the trigger.

+1

skyhawk
10-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Arians did adjust. They did go to some quick passes in the second half.

Why won't they go no huddle to help slow down the D?

I think our receivers lack the ability to get open. The Texans consistently had 8-9 people on the LOS and played only basic man to man coverage on the corners the whole game. They manned up. The Steelers wilted.

steelz09
10-03-2011, 01:31 PM

I think our receivers lack the ability to get open. The Texans consistently had 8-9 people on the LOS and played only basic man to man coverage on the corners the whole game. They manned up. The Steelers wilted.

Sorry, I don't buy it. I think Wallace, Sanders, and Brown have more than enough speed quickness to get open quickly.

If it's the WR/QB not being on the same page then that's a different problem altogether. Arians, Ben and the WRs need to be working overtime to make sure they ARE on the same page. Ben is a vet, Wallace is a 3rd year guy, and Brown/Sanders are second year guys. I don't see how that is not corrected by now.

pittpete
10-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Because when we run Mendy to the outside, "it's not his strength". -Dan Dierdork

I heard that during the game and laughed,, :wft

skyhawk
10-03-2011, 01:54 PM

Sorry, I don't buy it. I think Wallace, Sanders, and Brown have more than enough speed quickness to get open quickly.

If it's the WR/QB not being on the same page then that's a different problem altogether. Arians, Ben and the WRs need to be working overtime to make sure they ARE on the same page. Ben is a vet, Wallace is a 3rd year guy, and Brown/Sanders are second year guys. I don't see how that is not corrected by now.

Not open enough to Ben's liking. The receivers usually have to be really open for him to fire it in there. He is not a Brady or Manning when it comes to threading the needle and allowing the receiver to make a play for the ball. It's just one reason Ben holds the ball so long. He's so darn competitive I suppose, that he has to be 100% sure the receiver is open (or wide open for that matter).

RuthlessBurgher
10-03-2011, 02:07 PM

Not open enough to Ben's liking. The receivers usually have to be really open for him to fire it in there. He is not a Brady or Manning when it comes to threading the needle and allowing the receiver to make a play for the ball. It's just one reason Ben holds the ball so long. He's so darn competitive I suppose, that he has to be 100% sure the receiver is open (or wide open for that matter).

He seemed to throw to a spot on numerous occassions yesterday as opposed to throwing to an open man (he was throwing to where his receiver was supposed to be, but the young receiver didn't realize that he was supposed to be the hot route when the blitz was coming from his side).

skyhawk
10-03-2011, 02:17 PM

He seemed to throw to a spot on numerous occassions yesterday as opposed to throwing to an open man (he was throwing to where his receiver was supposed to be, but the young receiver didn't realize that he was supposed to be the hot route when the blitz was coming from his side).

Agreed. I noticed that. I think Ben is learning and the Steelers O did make some adjustments during the game.

hawaiiansteel
10-04-2011, 02:39 AM
No one outsmarts himself like Brucie does...

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Pulling-No-Punches/November-2010/Tomlin-Arians.jpg

hawaiiansteel
10-04-2011, 04:09 PM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/301980_253934607978171_121932621178371_701013_1000 410054_n.jpg