PDA

View Full Version : Positives going into Houston

steeler_george
09-30-2011, 10:57 AM
1) The projected starting OL. Essex-Foster-Pouncey-Kemo-Gilbert This OL seems to be more stable, experienced, bigger, and should I say more physical.

I am not hateing on Leg, but I think the experiment is over. Foster is bigger, more experienced, average to solid at best, and that is unfortunetly a small step over Leg. J Scott needs to get his head out of ass, and get to last years form. Either way it is Addition by subtraction.

2) Harrison and Troy.

They seem to have gotten back to form, Troy was every where last week, if he was an inch closer on few of those plays he would of had caused atleast 4 turnovers himself.

3) Brown and Sanders.

They are improving with each game. They still make bone headed plays but you can see the matureing process in them.

4) Ike is playing lights out. That play in indy where he wiffed on a double move still has to still linger in his mind, and brought him down to earth.

5) Tomlin

He is not satisfied at all with how the running D, and OL is takeing form. I am sure he got on those cordinators and players to follow up on detail.

6) Woodly and Timmons

We all know that they are talented. They just got slow down and let the game come to them. We all are just waiting for them to snap and get their groove on.

7) Big Ben

No way he is happy with his fumbles. He is going to get rid of the ball faster and more conservative with the ball. No more holding the ball for eternity.

8) Sanders

Is he earning more playing time than Johnson as 2nd TE.

9) Ward

He knows he played horrible last week, he is going to go out and lay someone out being physical. I hope he got on the TE, WR on the importance of blocking.

10) The Vets on the team

They know what it takes to win, and I guarantee you they didn't like what they saw on film, and would be more active in pratice and hungry to improve.

ikestops85
09-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Did Ward play horrible last week? I didn't think he played great but also didn't think he was horrible. What did he do that was so bad?

grotonsteel
09-30-2011, 11:59 AM
I read somewhere that Sanders did okay in blocking. If he can keep improving his blocking skills he should easily be an upgrade over DJ.

Manny had a real bad game. Its one thing to drop a TD pass but not to have wits to touch a player who just caught an INT is a big NO. I hope he has a good game against Texans.

Doogie36
09-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Wards not being targetted as much as he use to be and to me that is an IMPROVEMENT and POSTIVE for this team. It's time to pass the torch to guys who can make plays after the catch like Ward use to do when he was a RUNNING MAD MAN!

The Less we see from Hines is better for this time IMO.

Sugar
09-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Wards not being targetted as much as he use to be and to me that is an IMPROVEMENT and POSTIVE for this team. It's time to pass the torch to guys who can make plays after the catch like Ward use to do when he was a RUNNING MAD MAN!

The Less we see from Hines is better for this time IMO.

The great thing is that Hines can still make a few plays. He's a great blocker down field and can be a great "coach" on the sidelines and the practice field.

steeler_george
09-30-2011, 03:33 PM
About Ward's play, it was un-Ward like, he missed a couple of blocks.

DkBlue
09-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Ward still has glue on his hands and holds the ball when hit. Still a lot of key third downs left in him.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Since 2 different posters on this thread alone referred to our UDFA TE as "Sanders" I have to make the correction that his name is actually Weslye Saunders (with a "u" in there...and also the inverted "y" and "e" from the typical spelling of Wesley for some reason). Just wanted to clarify that, because we already have a pass catcher named Sanders (WR Manny), so it gets confusing when Saunders gets misspelled as Sanders (too many Sanderses). :wink:

It is weird now that Swann and Stallworth's numbers are being worn by Sanders and Saunders.

flippy
09-30-2011, 07:37 PM
1. Odds are we got enough turnovers out of our system to last us the season. Ben can do better and he's got the blame for the majority of them. That will get fixed and will help us out tremendously while we work ourselves back into playing shape.

2. A lot of the mistakes by the Oline are mental ones. Those will go away over time and we'll be a different line by mid season. Penalties, bad snaps, blocking the wrong guy, getting confused about who you're supposed to block. It's like a comedy of errors out there, but when you go back and watch it, it's not as troubling as I first thought. These guys need time together and there's a lot of moving and changing parts. We're gonna be good enough in a few short weeks.

3. Redman has looked good.

4. Ike has looked good.

5. Troy is fast again.

6. The Young Money Crew looks like they're gonna be ready to absolutely tear it up come playoff time.

7. Brown is looking like he's gonna be one of our best returners ever.

8. James looks determined. I get a feeling that he and Troy are out there competing to be DMVP.

That is all I can come up with right now. PS, Jason W's last name and W Saunders first name drive me insane every time I even think about typing them.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2011, 07:41 PM
That is all I can come up with right now. PS, Jason W's last name and W Saunders first name drive me insane every time I even think about typing them.

Just be glad it's not one guy named Weslye Worilds. :P

flippy
09-30-2011, 08:04 PM

Middle name Strzelczyk of course :)

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2011, 08:07 PM

Middle name Strzelczyk of course :)

Weslye Strzelcyzk Worilds-Ma'Afala.