PDA

View Full Version : Steelers/Texans, Final Score...

BradshawsHairdresser
09-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Steelers 20
Texans 31

I hope it doesn't turn out this way, but I'm afraid a couple more losses early on might be what it takes to wake up Tomlin and Co. to make some needed changes.

steelblood
09-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Texans 30
Steelers 23

Doogie36
09-29-2011, 02:05 PM
24 - 20 Steelers!

Foster isnt 100% and if he is he sure wont play like it for fear of reinjuring it! Our Team plays good in Texas and I can still remember that game where Troy just blew up David Carr over and over again! Sure Carr is gone but Schaub isnt that mobile!

Our Air attack will be tweaked and the hurry up offense will be utilized! Watch for Antonio Brown to finally have that BIG GAME like he had against the Falcons in the preseason.

Isaac Redman gets more carries and somoen will pick up WILLIAMS who also isnt 100%.

Houston has REDZONE issues as well!! go figure someone else with issues. LOL but i'll save that for the other thread.

We win this game and you fans start coming around! I HOPE!

fordfixer
09-29-2011, 02:34 PM
us 27

them 24

LouSteel
09-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Steelers 14
Texans 24

Our O can't turn it on, and the D just can't hold back a team averaging 30 points a game.

I hope like hell that I'm wrong...

SteelBucks
09-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Geez, got a lot of Debbie Downers in here......

Steelers - 27
Texans - 20

AkronSteel
09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Steelers 27
Texans 19

Houston continues to have problems in the red zone even though they move the ball up and down the field on the Steelers. Big Ben pulls it out in the 4th quarter with 10 points in the last 10 minutes. A late Texans turnover caused by #43 puts the game away.

Notleadpoisoned
09-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Steelers 28 Texans 20

Slapstick
09-29-2011, 03:29 PM
If the Steelers have 3 turnovers: Texans 28 - Steelers 10

If the Steelers don't have 3 turnovers: Steelers 31 - Texans 14

anger 82&95
09-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Steelers- 27
Texans- 20

Doogie36
09-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Geez, got a lot of Debbie Downers in here......

Its been like this all week! I snapped today! to those who had to read it or witness it i'm sorry but man o man!!!!

Gooo STEELERS!!!

Shawn
09-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Steelers 27
Texans 20

Sugar
09-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Steelers- 38
Texans-17

flippy
09-29-2011, 05:52 PM
God's Favorite Team - 45
The team Rick Perry roots for when he needs votes in Houston - 0

SteelAbility
09-29-2011, 05:53 PM
27-17 Texans if DJ plays.
27-17 Steelers if DJ doesn't play.

:lol:

hawaiiansteel
09-29-2011, 07:19 PM
us 27

them 24

not going with the 2-0 system today? :D

papillon
09-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Texans: 32
Steelers: 17

The offense is too erratic and the defense can't handle a good passing game.

Pappy

fezziwig
09-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Papillion you stole my thunder except for, I have no idea what the score would be.
When you have a team with revolving doors as tackles, an o-line that can't protect the QB or give him time and a non-existing run game with a OC that can not stick with what works, I have little faith for our team.

Not to mention a slow out of position corner in Gay and a defensive line that only makes contact as the offense runs over them.

Oh yeah, David Johnson, Kemo and Foster will miss their share of blocking duties.

fordfixer
09-29-2011, 08:48 PM
us 27

them 24

not going with the 2-0 system today? :D

Your right for my 2nd pick

Us 2
them 0

DukieBoy
09-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Texies 30 Steelers 17

sure hope I got it backwards.

papillon
09-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Papillion you stole my thunder except for, I have no idea what the score would be.
When you have a team with revolving doors as tackles, an o-line that can't protect the QB or give him time and a non-existing run game with a OC that can not stick with what works, I have little faith for our team.

Not to mention a slow out of position corner in Gay and a defensive line that only makes contact as the offense runs over them.

Oh yeah, David Johnson, Kemo and Foster will miss their share of blocking duties.

I'm hoping for James Harrison to continue getting stronger and be a one man disruptive force like Suggs did to the Steelers. It could be one way they steal a win in Houston. There's bad Karma surrounding this team right now.

Pappy

ramblinjim
09-30-2011, 08:49 AM
I don't like the matchups.

Steelers: 17
Texans: 31

Steveo
09-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Not going to predict a score, simply praying for a win and bracing for a loss (how sad is that).

hawaiiansteel
09-30-2011, 05:19 PM
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2011

posted by Dale Lolley

Who I like, Houston version

This is going to be a tough spot for the Steelers, heading into Houston for a game against the Texans coming off a loss against New Orleans.

I think the Steelers will settle down with the turnovers. They're not a team that's going to turn the ball over three-plus times in every road game.

The Steelers actually match up with the Texans pretty well. Yes, Mario Williams is going to be a problem. But he's more of a power rusher. Trai Essex may be able to hold his own there - as long as the Steelers can stay balanced.

The Texans also have some issues of their own, as last week's 1-5 effort in the red zone against the Saints. They're also allowing 4.8 yards per rushing attempt and 12.5 yards per pass reception.

Look for Pittsburgh to keep things close, but lose, 27-23.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com ... rsion.html (http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2011/09/who-i-like-houston-version.html)

Steelerphile
09-30-2011, 06:02 PM
I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Steelers win. The fans crush Jonathan Scott but I still prefer him to Trai Essex. Essex committed two blatant holds in the Colts games but the refs, for some reason, had mercy, and did not flag him.

I pretty much like Marcus Gilbert but he is still a rookie and dinged up and I don't know how well he will react to that.

They've got to run this game. Mendenhall looks like he is in such good shape, but he doesn't get as much from a small amount of running room as he could. If they get another injury on the line this game, they are in trouble.

DukieBoy
09-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Mr. Bill says Steelers by 9.

hawaiiansteel
10-01-2011, 01:51 AM

Trai Essex is going to start at LT and go up against Mario Williams?

http://idiotflashback.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/mr-bill.jpg

pfelix73
10-01-2011, 10:02 AM
I see a shootout, especially late in the game....

Steelers 40
Texans 37

Or simply, we get a FG late to win it...

:tt1

RuthlessBurgher
10-01-2011, 05:07 PM

Yup...it will come down to turnovers. I consider home field to be a 3 point advantage in most cases, and I consider ever turnover to be essentially a 4 point advantage.

Playing a team like the Ravens, we know them, they know us, we hate them, they hate us, we respect them, they respect us, we hit them, they hit us...it doesn't matter where we play them either (no real home field advantage in this particular series), it is going to be a hard-fought close game (how many games in a row was the point differential 4 points or less before this last game?), unless of course, turnovers become a major factor one way or the other. We gave them 7 turnovers and don't take back any. If each turnover is worth 4 points, that's a 28 point advantage to Baltimore. Final score: Baltimore 35, Pittsburgh 7. Voila.

The Seahawks suck. Talent-wise, we are 3 touchdowns better than them. Add to that a 3 point advantage for us playing at Heinz Field, and you get a 24 point advanatage to Pittsburgh. Final score: Pittsburgh 24, Seattle 0. How about that.

The Manning-less Colts suck too, but not as bad as the Seahawks. Talent-wise, we are 2 touchdowns better than them. Give them back 3 points because the game was played in their dome, making it an 11 point advantage for the Steelers. We turned the ball over 3 times and they turned it over once, for a 2 turnover differential in their favor. If each turnover is worth 4 points, as I stated above, you can give Indy back another 8 points, for a 3 point advantage to the Steelers. Final score: Pittsburgh 23, Indianapolis 20. Yikes.

For this Houston game, I think the talent works out pretty evenly. Schaub, Johnson, Foster, Daniels. Roethlisberger, Wallace, Mendenhall, Miller. Williams, Watt, Ryans, Cushing, Joseph. Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, Polamalu, Taylor. We have a disadvantage in terms of our o-line, and they have a disadvantage in that they are still adjusting to a new 3-4 scheme while we have been running that defense seemingly forever. I don't foresee a huge home field advantage here either (last time we went to Houston early in the season, they made us wear black them opened up the dome roof in an effort to bake us in the hot Texas sun, but that didn't work at all), so overall I see this as a pick-'em type of game...home field advantage won't make much of a difference. If the turnovers are even, it could come down simply to which team happens to have the ball last in a very close game (maybe something like a 21-20 final either way). If we have a one turnover advantage, we could win something like 24-20. If we have a two turnover advantage, we could win something like 28-20. Same goes for if the Texans had those turnover advantages...they'd win 24-20 or 28-20. The only way I see the score getting out of hand is if one team has a buttload of turnovers like the first game against Baltimore. If we hold onto the ball and take it away from them, we win...simple as that. If they hold onto the ball and take it away from us, they win...simple as that.

Slapstick
10-01-2011, 06:23 PM
You forgot to give the Baltimore Raisins an additional 3 points for playing at home...

Obviously, your system is flawed! Flawed! FLAWED!!!

Unless, of course, you consider that it is a divisional rivalry game and that, because the teams play each other twice per year, the normal home advantage is discounted....

Then it makes sense...

Send me my No-Prize....

hawaiiansteel
10-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Texans 27

Steelers 21

nothing will make me happier than if I'm wrong... :tt2

fordfixer
10-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Texans 27

Steelers 21

Like normal

hawaiiansteel
10-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Texans 27

Steelers 21

Like normal

yeah, I thought the Texans would win by 6 points but instead they won by 7 points.

like normal, I was wrong again... :moon

DukieBoy
10-02-2011, 11:21 PM

Trai Essex is going to start at LT and go up against Mario Williams?

http://idiotflashback.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/mr-bill.jpg

Mr Bill shall be squashed.

papillon
10-03-2011, 06:27 AM

Yup...it will come down to turnovers. I consider home field to be a 3 point advantage in most cases, and I consider ever turnover to be essentially a 4 point advantage.

Playing a team like the Ravens, we know them, they know us, we hate them, they hate us, we respect them, they respect us, we hit them, they hit us...it doesn't matter where we play them either (no real home field advantage in this particular series), it is going to be a hard-fought close game (how many games in a row was the point differential 4 points or less before this last game?), unless of course, turnovers become a major factor one way or the other. We gave them 7 turnovers and don't take back any. If each turnover is worth 4 points, that's a 28 point advantage to Baltimore. Final score: Baltimore 35, Pittsburgh 7. Voila.

The Seahawks suck. Talent-wise, we are 3 touchdowns better than them. Add to that a 3 point advantage for us playing at Heinz Field, and you get a 24 point advanatage to Pittsburgh. Final score: Pittsburgh 24, Seattle 0. How about that.

The Manning-less Colts suck too, but not as bad as the Seahawks. Talent-wise, we are 2 touchdowns better than them. Give them back 3 points because the game was played in their dome, making it an 11 point advantage for the Steelers. We turned the ball over 3 times and they turned it over once, for a 2 turnover differential in their favor. If each turnover is worth 4 points, as I stated above, you can give Indy back another 8 points, for a 3 point advantage to the Steelers. Final score: Pittsburgh 23, Indianapolis 20. Yikes.

For this Houston game, I think the talent works out pretty evenly. Schaub, Johnson, Foster, Daniels. Roethlisberger, Wallace, Mendenhall, Miller. Williams, Watt, Ryans, Cushing, Joseph. Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, Polamalu, Taylor. We have a disadvantage in terms of our o-line, and they have a disadvantage in that they are still adjusting to a new 3-4 scheme while we have been running that defense seemingly forever. I don't foresee a huge home field advantage here either (last time we went to Houston early in the season, they made us wear black them opened up the dome roof in an effort to bake us in the hot Texas sun, but that didn't work at all), so overall I see this as a pick-'em type of game...home field advantage won't make much of a difference. If the turnovers are even, it could come down simply to which team happens to have the ball last in a very close game (maybe something like a 21-20 final either way). If we have a one turnover advantage, we could win something like 24-20. If we have a two turnover advantage, we could win something like 28-20. Same goes for if the Texans had those turnover advantages...they'd win 24-20 or 28-20. The only way I see the score getting out of hand is if one team has a buttload of turnovers like the first game against Baltimore. If we hold onto the ball and take it away from them, we win...simple as that. If they hold onto the ball and take it away from us, they win...simple as that.

That dissertation was simple? :wft :P

Pappy