PDA

View Full Version : Trevis Turner & Jamon Meredith

steelerkeylargo
09-26-2011, 12:47 PM
coming to a Heinz Field near you. :wft

Oviedo
09-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Our OL is going from frightening to an outright nightmare. Who would have thought Colon going down would have started this tailspin into disaster. I guess Kugler used all his magic dust last season.

I really hope they finally realize they need more talent on the OL for the inevitable depth we seem to need every year.

StarSpangledSteeler
09-26-2011, 08:58 PM
This may sound crazy but i would put Meredith out there (at OT) before Essex or Foster. I realize he doesn't know the playbook but at least he has the athletic ability to stay with some of these DE's. Let's get some new bodies out there. How much worse could they possibly be? And you might accidentally catch lightning in a bottle. Or at least a little thunder?

grotonsteel
09-27-2011, 01:28 AM
This may sound crazy but i would put Meredith out there (at OT) before Essex or Foster. I realize he doesn't know the playbook but at least he has the athletic ability to stay with some of these DE's. Let's get some new bodies out there. How much worse could they possibly be? And you might accidentally catch lightning in a bottle. Or at least a little thunder?

I think its about time Steelers call some OT FAs. I would not risk Big Ben's blindside with a PS player. Way too risky.

hawaiiansteel
09-27-2011, 01:33 AM

I think its about time Steelers call some OT FAs. I would not risk Big Ben's blindside with a PS player. Way too risky.

that's not how the Steelers roll...

Essux and Gilbert will be our starting OTs against the Texans with C Scott as the backup OT and Foster the backup OG, no way do the Steelers let Turner or Meredith play yet.

NJ-STEELER
09-27-2011, 03:14 AM
Wouldn't Kyle jolly be ahead of both on the depth chart?

steelblood
09-27-2011, 07:57 AM
I really hope they finally realize they need more talent on the OL for the inevitable depth we seem to need every year.

Of course they realize this. In the past two drafts they have used a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick on offensive linemen. I'd call that an attempt to add talent. The problem is that it will take another draft or two to fill things out and then we must hope for the best.

I think it is very likely that we will take another OT or OG in the first two rounds this season and perhaps 2 of our first 4 picks will be OL.

By the way, even if you were wrong about Redman (for which you take more than your fair share of abuse), you were right about Urbik. If we would have kept him, we'd be better right now. He is a tough run blocker and okay at pass pro. I wonder if he said or did something the staff did not like.

RuthlessBurgher
09-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Wouldn't Kyle jolly be ahead of both on the depth chart?

OT Kyle Jolly was cut on 9-2-11. He is no longer with the team in any capacity. He was not signed to the practice squad on 9-4-11 (OT Trevis Turner and C/G John Malecki were instead). OT Jamon Meredith was signed to our 53 man roster (not the P.S.) on 9-13-11, taking Willie Colon's roster spot when he was put on I.R.

NJ-STEELER
09-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Oh thx

Thought he was on the PS again this year