PDA

View Full Version : Farrior Seems Frustrated

phillyesq
09-26-2011, 10:30 AM
In between watching the line get absued, I noticed that James Farrior seemed particularly frustrated last night.

There was one shot of him on the sidelines with his helmet off during of the series where Foote was playing, and he looked very displeased. His hit on Collins was likely late, and he got away with a late hit out of bounds late in the game.

Among all the other issues, this is not quite as serious, but does seem to be worth watching.

Djfan
09-26-2011, 10:51 AM
In between watching the line get absued, I noticed that James Farrior seemed particularly frustrated last night.

There was one shot of him on the sidelines with his helmet off during of the series where Foote was playing, and he looked very displeased. His hit on Collins was likely late, and he got away with a late hit out of bounds late in the game.

Among all the other issues, this is not quite as serious, but does seem to be worth watching.

Some think Farrior has lost a step. OK, but he is a big leader on that defense, and it is a mistake IMO to treat a leader like that. Right now they need identity, and he can provide it by letting the leaders lead.

I don't get this move of keeping him on the bench.

Steelers>NFL
09-26-2011, 11:38 AM

Some think Farrior has lost a step. OK, but he is a big leader on that defense, and it is a mistake IMO to treat a leader like that. Right now they need identity, and he can provide it by letting the leaders lead.

True, he is the leader of the defense. But he is also part of the old or over the hill gang.
While he is still effective - but only sometime. It is time to pass the torch to someone younger.

chiken
09-26-2011, 11:42 AM

True, he is the leader of the defense. But he is also part of the old or over the hill gang.
While he is still effective - but only sometime. It is time to pass the torch to someone younger.

I agree with PAssing the Torch but I dont agree that it should be to Foot. If sylvester is not ready to make the Calls then Foot should only be in every blue Moon to give Farrior a breather.

Slapstick
09-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Foote is playing better than Farrior ight now...

Farrior will wear down as the season goes on...we've all seen it...

I'd rather have Farrior effective for the latter part of the season than effective for only the first part of the season before he wears down...