PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls: Week 3!

SteelTorch
09-25-2011, 11:46 PM
This was a classic hair-puller. But I digress....

OFFENSE:

Mike Wallace. I'll say it: he's our best receiver! The kid is awesome. Other than that, there weren't many bright spots on this offense. Ben was good, but not great. Then again, with pretty much no running game and a porous O-line, it's hard to fault him.

DEFENSE:

Who else? Troy P!!!!!! He single-handedly may have saved the game for us. On a whole, the D looked great save for that one TD run near the end.

Lame balls go to the entire O-line. Let's face it, they stink. When they weren't giving up sacks, they were failing to open any holes for the run game. Mendenhall could only muster 37 yards and 2 YPC against a defense that was near the last in the league against the run! Pathetic. Another lame ball goes to BA, again. I can't believe some people still defend this guy. How many times is he going to RUTFM on first down before he realizes it doesn't work out? Defenses see it coming, and it puts Ben in a lot of 3rd and long situations.

A win is a win, and I'll take it, but this offense has some BIG problems to work on before we have any shot of making the SB. Oh well, bring on Houston! :Cheers

insanesteelersfan
09-25-2011, 11:48 PM
I'd give the game ball to Jonathan Scott! And then deliver it right at his NUT SACK :Clap :Clap :Clap

Eddie Spaghetti
09-25-2011, 11:49 PM
brown had a couple of nice returns.

thats all i got.

isonator07
09-25-2011, 11:51 PM
I'd give the game ball to Jonathan Scott! And then deliver it right at his NUT SACK :Clap :Clap :Clap

:lol:

BradshawsHairdresser
09-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Ben was good, but not great. Then again, with pretty much no running game and a porous O-line, it's hard to fault him.

Not for me. He is becoming a turnover machine. And not throwing the ball away on that third down that ended up being a sack to take us out of FG range? Just dumb.

On a whole, the D looked great save for that one TD run near the end.
The Colts gashed us with the run; some of our front 7 were getting pushed around all night. We have to get that corrected.

Lame balls go to the entire O-line. Let's face it, they stink. When they weren't giving up sacks, they were failing to open any holes for the run game. Mendenhall could only muster 37 yards and 2 YPC against a defense that was near the last in the league against the run! Pathetic. Another lame ball goes to BA, again. I can't believe some people still defend this guy. How many times is he going to RUTFM on first down before he realizes it doesn't work out? Defenses see it coming, and it puts Ben in a lot of 3rd and long situations.
Agreed, but I place some blame on Mendenhall for his poor running performance. Still dancing around too much, IMO.

hawaiiansteel
09-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Ben threw for 364 yards and led the game winning drive, I'll give him a game ball.

insanesteelersfan
09-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Ben was good, but not great. Then again, with pretty much no running game and a porous O-line, it's hard to fault him.

Not for me. He is becoming a turnover machine.

Pretty funny coming from a guy who has Terry Bradshaw in his user name. Bradshaw was the ULTIMATE Turnover Machine...and he ACTUALLY had a All-World O-Line/

grotonsteel
09-26-2011, 12:00 AM
I give the game ball to Ben.

With a porous O-line and no running gaming he threw for 365 yards. Amount of 3rd and long he converted were unbelievable. The last FG drive with injured RT was also nice.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-26-2011, 12:02 AM

Not for me. He is becoming a turnover machine.

Pretty funny coming from a guy who has Terry Bradshaw in his user name. Bradshaw was the ULTIMATE Turnover Machine...and he ACTUALLY had a All-World O-Line/

Having "Bradshaw" in my user name doesn't make me an apologist for his tendency to turnovers anymore than having "insane" in your user name makes you...wait...never mind. :lol:

grotonsteel
09-26-2011, 12:04 AM

Not for me. He is becoming a turnover machine. And not throwing the ball away on that third down that ended up being a sack to take us out of FG range? Just dumb.

I disagree. Ben was the reason Steelers were still in the game. Just check yardage on 3rd downs. You are going to have one or two bad plays when you are throwing the ball 40 times a game.

Regarding the sack well i thought Ben never got a chance to throw the ball away. There were 3 Colts defenders in the Steelers backyards. Sack was a better option than a fumble.

NJ-STEELER
09-26-2011, 12:05 AM
i beleive that would have been a 52 yard try if ben didnt get sacked

i doubt tomlin even gives SS a chance for it afterflubbing a 36 yarder

insanesteelersfan
09-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Ben is flat out the reason, and the ONLY reason we have two Super Bowls since before 75 % of you were even born!! Ben is a God considering his O-line that he has had since playing in the Pros.

DukieBoy
09-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Mewelde Moore.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Ben is flat out the reason, and the ONLY reason we have two Super Bowls since before 75 % of you were even born!! Ben is a God considering his O-line that he has had since playing in the Pros.

Ben has been a great QB but saying he is the ONLY reason we got our last two Super Bowl wins is a huge exaggeration. Would we have gotten them without Ben? No. Would we have gotten them without players like Harrison and Hines and Polamalu? No.

Steel Life
09-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Mewelde Moore.
Agreed...I'm not a Moore supporter but give credit where it's due - Mewelde came up big.

Antonio Brown is getting better every game...not as sure about Sanders.

Heath came up big too...as big as Johnson was non-existent.

winwithd
09-26-2011, 12:28 AM
Wallace had one good quarter and then disappeared, for whatever reason. I don't know what his numbers were but AB showed a lot of nice things, esp. on punt returns.

Even though Ben cost us big with some carelessness with the ball, to have 346 yards behind THAT line was amazing. And he did lead another game winning drive.

Maybe the best thing to happen to the OL was Scott getting injured. An injured Gilbert was better. I don't think I have seen an OLineman more abused in a game than Scott tonight. (Maybe a couple years ago when Winston Justice of the Eagles gave up 6 sacks vs Umenyiora of the Giants would rival it.)

Defensively, Troy and Deebo came up big in the end and Troy had a couple near misses in the 4th. I thought Deebo started strong but looked weak at times in the middle before stepping it up at the end. Although Troy doesn't score without Deebo's strip.

Ben - O, Troy - D, AB - ST

Is something wrong with Pouncey? Does he look like a Pro Bowler so far? Im not so sure.

papillon
09-26-2011, 12:30 AM
Ben threw for 364 yards and led the game winning drive, I'll give him a game ball.

And, two fumbles and a pick, I'll take his game ball away, it's a wash. :moon :tt2

Pappy

DukieBoy
09-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Game balls to all you loyal fans who stay with it through all this sh!tty play and coaching.

papillon
09-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Game balls to all you loyal fans who stay with it through all this sh!tty play and coaching.

Takes a deep bow and says "thank you!" :D

Pappy

Sugar
09-26-2011, 12:35 AM

Nah, we've got it good. Aside from some mild heart palpitations... :lol:

Think of it this way, at least we're not Bengals fans, right??

:bungalssuck

Steelhere10
09-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Game Ball goes to one of the 3 Brown/Wallace/Troy.
Ben a game ball for being part of 13 of the 20 points Indy scored? nah i don't think so.

hawaiiansteel
09-26-2011, 12:43 AM
game balls to Trai Essex and Ramon Foster, they actually stepped up and played well when they were inserted into the game.

NJ-STEELER
09-26-2011, 12:44 AM
ike before that play he got fooled on had a few break ups

Steelhere10
09-26-2011, 12:44 AM
I also give a game ball to McFadden for not playing tonight, he looked really good on the bench.

hawaiiansteel
09-26-2011, 12:50 AM
I also give a game ball to McFadden for not playing tonight, he looked really good on the bench.

:D

I'll give a game ball to Deebo for this one play: :tt2

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/curtispainter.jpg?w=225

BradshawsHairdresser
09-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Is something wrong with Pouncey? Does he look like a Pro Bowler so far? Im not so sure.

I don't think he's looked near as good...could part of it be the guys playing next to him? Looks like he's getting pushed around more...

steelblood
09-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Ben was very good on most plays and very bad on some costly ones. He simply needs to know that it is okay to throw it away in games like that.

My game balls.

Ryan Clark. He saved two touchdowns imho when Addai ran through our line and lbers like they weren't there.

Antonio Brown. He had three nice catches and two very nice returns.

Harrison. Collinsworth is simply wrong. Harrison pressured the QB all night. He walked the tackle into the QB several times leaving Collins no room to step into his throws. He also had some nice stops against the run.