PDA

View Full Version : REMINDER: DON'T TRY TO AVOID BOARD FILTER W/ ASTERISKS, ETC.

steelerkeylargo
09-25-2011, 11:40 PM
Pathetic, piss poor OL. We will be 1 & done in the playoffs unless major changes are made.

Pahn711
09-25-2011, 11:42 PM
With their schedule coming up the next few weeks, the playoffs are no near certainty.

Vindrow
09-25-2011, 11:44 PM
They keep playing like this..they wont sniff the playoffs.

steelerkeylargo
09-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Calling Flozell, Max, Wayne Gandy, Kris Farris............

DukieBoy
09-25-2011, 11:46 PM
They need to put those fatass overweight out-of-shape OLs on a serious diet and cardio training program. Daily, each week, rest of season. They are so overweight they can't bend their knees to keep any balance or leverage.

papillon
09-26-2011, 12:21 AM
They need to put those fatass overweight out-of-shape OLs on a serious diet and cardio training program. Daily, each week, rest of season. They are so overweight they can't bend their knees to keep any balance or leverage.

It might be leverage and I'm not one to say whether it is or isn't. What I see though are linemen that are too weak to hold up at the point of attack. All the technique, balance and coordination in the world isn't going to help you if you getting pushed back every snap, because you are weaker than the guy across from you.

Just my opinion

Pappy

Steelhere10
09-26-2011, 01:00 AM
It could well be the S@C coach.

hawaiiansteel
09-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Steelers manage to avoid smelly journey home

Monday, September 26, 2011
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers faced two choices here late Monday night:

Find a way to beat a really bad Indianapolis Colts team that was without quarterback Peyton Manning and four other starters or carry home a heavy load of stench that would equal the batch they picked up in Baltimore in their 35-7 loss in the season opener.

Give the Steelers credit for getting it right.

Don't give them too much, though.

This 23-20 win was hardly impressive.

The Steelers beat the Colts on kicker Shaun Suisham's 38-yard field goal with four seconds left, but it's hard to say they outplayed 'em. Continuing that stench theme, I guess I would say they stunk just a little bit less.

Sure, the Steelers defense was strong, at least until the Colts' final drive. It looked as if it won the game when linebacker James Harrison sacked Colts third-string quarterback Curtis Painter, forcing a fumble that safety Troy Polamalu scooped up and took 16 yards to the end zone for a 20-13 lead with 5:13 left.

But the same defense couldn't hold the lead. The Colts went 80 yards in 10 plays to tie the score, 20-20, with 2:09 left.

That might have been the biggest surprise of the night. The offense that the Colts lined up was awful. It's easy to see why quarterback Kerry Collins retired after last season. What isn't so clear is why he came out of retirement when the Colts called when Manning couldn't answer the season's bell because of a neck injury. Did he really need the extra $4 million that badly?

He was terrible before leaving the game early in the fourth quarter with concussion symptoms. Give his replacement, Painter, credit for leading that long drive against Harrison, Polamalu and Co.

Now, here's what was bad:

The game should have been over long before the final four seconds.

The Steelers, despite taking an early 10-0 lead, found themselves in a game until the very end for a variety of reasons that went far beyond the struggles offensive tackle Jonathan Scott had against Colts terrific defensive end Dwight Freeney. A lot of other players had tough games. How about wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, running back Rashard Mendenhall, the entire offensive line and even quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on a night when he threw for 364 yards?

Everyone knew Scott was going to have his hands full with Freeney. Of course, he did. Scott's biggest mistake was getting beaten badly to the outside late in the second quarter, allowing Freeney to blind-side Roethlisberger and force a fumble that defensive end Jamaal Anderson returned 47 yards for a touchdown that tied the score, 10-10.

Scott has been the weak link on the line all season, but he hardly was the only lineman with problems on this night. The Steelers couldn't run the ball worth a darn against the NFL's 30th-ranked run defense. Mendenhall had a lousy night.

So did Sanders, although he did have a couple of catches in the second half. He dropped one at the Colts 10 on the Steelers first possession that cost the Steelers points. Then, after watching safety Joe Lefeged intercept a Roethlisberger pass late in the first half, he jumped over him rather than touching him down. Lefeged ended up with a 25-yard return, setting up a field goal that gave the Colts a 13-10 halftime lead.

Even Roethlisberger had a couple of blunders.

Sure, he was great at times, such as when he hit wide receiver Mike Wallace with an 81-yard touchdown pass late in the first quarter for that 10-0 lead. It was sizable chunk of Roethlisberger's 171 passing yards in the first quarter, a personal best for him.

But Roethlisberger also held the ball too long on a play that started the Colts comeback. He was sacked from behind by defensive end Robert Mathis, who finally beat rookie offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert, and lost a fumble that was recovered by Mathis at midfield. Somehow, Collins and the Colts offense turned that into a field goal.

Then, on the first play after the strip sack by Freeney, Roethlisberger threw the interception to Lefeged. Fortunately for him, Sanders and the Steelers, that play didn't cost them the game.

The charter flight home that the Steelers took simply wouldn't have had room for the stench.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11269/11 ... z1Z1mEbH9c (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11269/1177714-87-0.stm#ixzz1Z1mEbH9c)

Oviedo
09-26-2011, 09:47 AM
I think the OL could submarine this season and we could very easily miss the play offs. As bad as they are playing and the mounting injuries it will be a miracle if Ben stays healthy and once Ben goes down the play offs ain't going to happen.

The team needs to seriously invest in OL in the off season.

Eich
09-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Pathetic, piss poor OL. We will be 1 & done in the playoffs unless major changes are made.

PLAYOFFS???? (Hears Jim Mora in background)

Unless there's a drastic change, we could easily lose the next 6 games, against teams much better than the Seahags and Dolts...

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2011, 10:11 AM
The title of this thread has been changed. This is a family board, not an "anything goes" board. Trying to circumvent the board filter will not be tolerated.

steelerkeylargo
09-26-2011, 11:22 AM
The title of this thread has been changed. This is a family board, not an "anything goes" board. Trying to circumvent the board filter will not be tolerated.

My bad. I apologize. Frustrating game/team/season.

D Rock
09-26-2011, 07:04 PM

Wait a minute, now circumventing the filter is an issue that wont be tolerated? You know what I'm talking about here.

hawaiiansteel
09-26-2011, 07:22 PM

what about Saint LeBeau's first name?

if you don't put D!ck, the filter makes it say "bad word".

I used to get a kick out of the old Trib board when the filter changed it to "wickerbasket" instead... :D

Djfan
09-26-2011, 10:44 PM

what about Saint LeBeau's first name?

if you don't put D!ck, the filter makes it say "bad word".

I used to get a kick out of the old Trib board when the filter changed it to "wickerbasket" instead... :D

Those were good days.

steelerkeylargo
09-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Apparently this doesn't apply to the emoticons..... :wft

RuthlessBurgher
09-27-2011, 09:15 AM

Wait a minute, now circumventing the filter is an issue that wont be tolerated? You know what I'm talking about here.

We formally warned another poster about this issue last week. Now were are just being consistent with other posters this week as well.

And you can continue to write D!ck for LeBeau's first name if you like, because you are obviously not trying to swear when using someone's first name (I preferred Wicker Basket myself, though...classic).

steelblood
09-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Okay. I'll go along with that Ruthless. But, this is a slippery slope.
For example, why is it not okay to asterisk a bad word, but the following emoticon is provided for us?
:wft

It sort of leaves me with this thought.

RuthlessBurgher
09-27-2011, 10:17 AM
For example, why is it not okay to asterisk a bad word, but the following emoticon is provided for us?

That smiley conveys an emotion without spelling out an unpleasant word. The smiley did not spell out that word...just showing an F isn't vulgar. Having a board filter also allows you convey an emotion, and unpleasant words will automatically be replaced. I can type the words what the **** and the f-word will be eliminated for me. That's fine too.

People complained about someone circumventing the filter by using P*U*S*S*Y last week, so we warned him about it. This week, I see "We are fuc*ed" in the title of a thread, so it is out there on the forum for all to see even if you don't open this particular thread, so I can't just let that go. SKL apologized about it, which is cool. It was a heat of moment frustration thing. It happens. Just trying to be consistent here, folks.

steelblood
09-27-2011, 10:19 AM

That smiley conveys an emotion without spelling out an unpleasant word. The smiley did not spell out that word...just showing an F isn't vulgar. Having a board filter also allows you convey an emotion, and unpleasant words will automatically be replaced. I can type the words what the bad word and the f-word will be eliminated for me. That's fine too.

People complained about someone circumventing the filter by using P*U*S*S*Y last week, so we warned him about it. This week, I see "We are fuc*ed" in the title of a thread, so it is out there on the forum for all to see even if you don't open this particular thread, so I can't just let that go. SKL apologized about it, which is cool. It was a heat of moment frustration thing. It happens. Just trying to be consistent here, folks.

No problem. We appreciate the work you all do, and that we can raise issues and questions freely.

steelblood

ikestops85
09-28-2011, 12:06 AM

That smiley conveys an emotion without spelling out an unpleasant word. The smiley did not spell out that word...just showing an F isn't vulgar. Having a board filter also allows you convey an emotion, and unpleasant words will automatically be replaced. I can type the words what the bad word and the f-word will be eliminated for me. That's fine too.

I'm impressed Ruthless ... you must have passed the course :lol:
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/27/1944_2bff.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5571)