PDA

View Full Version : The just let the 3rd team QB drive 80 yards with ease

Ghost
09-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Insane. Are they in some sort of bizzaro competition to see who can play worse tonight - the D or the O-line? This game sucks.

Pahn711
09-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Well, Painter proved he should be 2nd string at least, we have seen the last of Collins.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Lots of disappointment with the defense. Colts gashed us with the run; looked like several of our front seven were being pushed all over the field.

And where oh where is Lamarr Woodley?

Northern_Blitz
09-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Lots of disappointment with the defense. Colts gashed us with the run; looked like several of our front seven were being pushed all over the field.

I agree that the run D looked suspect.

But at the same time we just won a game where we were minus 2 and missed a field goal. The D's only TO of the season was a good one.

I can't believe we are giving up so much on the ground. This team might make the playoffs, but unless there is serious improvement on both sides of the ball I can't see us doing anything against good teams.

DukieBoy
09-25-2011, 11:49 PM

Making most of his tackles downfield.

pittpete
09-25-2011, 11:49 PM

Who?

DukieBoy
09-25-2011, 11:51 PM

I agree that the run D looked suspect.

But at the same time we just won a game where we were minus 2 and missed a field goal. The D's only TO of the season was a good one.

I can't believe we are giving up so much on the ground. This team might make the playoffs, but unless there is serious improvement on both sides of the ball I can't see us doing anything against good teams.

These teams have taken to chopping the hell out of Casey's legs, and Smith looks like a shell of himself. And Kiesel was missing tonight. We were losing the LOS on D too much tonight.

winwithd
09-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Didn't that drive happen mostly cause Troy was selling out to make another splash and just missed several times? I think the D was gambling big-time to try to end the game after getting their first turnover. For most of the game they played pretty well. Up til that drive they gave up 3 pts when Indy started at midfield and 3 when Indy started around their own 20.

What did concern me was seeing Indy being able to run the ball like that, most of the game.

Pahn711
09-26-2011, 12:04 AM
These teams have taken to chopping the hell out of Casey's legs, and Smith looks like a shell of himself. And Kiesel was missing tonight. We were losing the LOS on D too much tonight.

I'm not one to buy in to the "old" argument, but Smith is the exception. I noticed several situations where Smith was getting manhandled, even Collinsworth pointed one of them out.

Once Kiesel is back I'd say start Hood on the other side.

papillon
09-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Timmons? Did he play tonight?

We wanted to see Keenan Lewis, well, I saw enough and it wasn't pretty from what I saw.

The defense is good, but they aren't good enough to cover the offensive offense the Steelers are running right now.

Pappy

Eich
09-26-2011, 10:10 AM
I hate to imagine how this game would have turned out had a healthy Manning been running the Dolts.

phillyesq
09-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Timmons? Did he play tonight?

We wanted to see Keenan Lewis, well, I saw enough and it wasn't pretty from what I saw.

The defense is good, but they aren't good enough to cover the offensive offense the Steelers are running right now.

Pappy

I agree with Lewis. Not impressive.

Timmons did seem to be helping in coverage on Clark, who was pretty effectively eliminated. But I agree -- I would like to see some impact plays from Timmons. He doesn't seem to be blitzing much and doesn't seem disruptive in the running game.