09-25-2011, 09:43 PM
We have the WORST FUC#ING OFFENSIVE LINE in the NFL :evil: :evil:

Eddie Spaghetti
09-25-2011, 09:54 PM
get foster back in there.

he cant be worse.

Ghost
09-25-2011, 09:55 PM
11 f'n yards rushing in the first half. Total disgrace. Every starting lineman should be embarrassed right now.

pfelix73
09-25-2011, 09:58 PM
There's more to it than just the OL. Some of these plays are doomed before they even try the blocking schemes. That's coaching. They gotta put thse guys in better situations first. It's really a whole team effort at this point...

:tt1

MaxAMillion
09-25-2011, 11:40 PM

Of course we do...but this is what happens when you don't invest in your OL. I feel like this needs to be posted every day. It came from the Steelers Lounge. The Steelers are going nowhere this year and Ben will be lucky to last the season.

The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century. Even worse, they went an entire decade (2001-2010) without drafting an offensive tackle prospect in the first two rounds, even though teams now have to draft tackles earlier than desired due to the emphasis placed on that position by seemingly every franchise but the Steelers.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Is there a worse starting LT than Jonathan Scott?

insanesteelersfan
09-25-2011, 11:43 PM

You're just now getting that ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NW Steeler
09-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Even Pouncey was getting his arse handed to him regularly tonight.

SteelTorch
09-25-2011, 11:53 PM
There's more to it than just the OL. Some of these plays are doomed before they even try the blocking schemes. That's coaching. They gotta put thse guys in better situations first. It's really a whole team effort at this point...

:tt1
Or maybe they just flat-out stink. :Blah

Not that I'm taking the blame completely off the coaches.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-26-2011, 12:19 AM

Of course we do...but this is what happens when you don't invest in your OL. I feel like this needs to be posted every day. It came from the Steelers Lounge. The Steelers are going nowhere this year and Ben will be lucky to last the season.

The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century. Even worse, they went an entire decade (2001-2010) without drafting an offensive tackle prospect in the first two rounds, even though teams now have to draft tackles earlier than desired due to the emphasis placed on that position by seemingly every franchise but the Steelers.
:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

NJ-STEELER
09-26-2011, 12:48 AM
had a chance at sherrod this year, but chose to take DE to sit and learn

NW Steeler
09-26-2011, 01:02 AM
had a chance at sherrod this year, but chose to take DE t osit and learn

He may need to learn on the job after what we saw from Smith tonight.

hawaiiansteel
09-26-2011, 01:08 AM

you know it's bad when we're actually worried about the fact that he got hurt...

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2011, 01:45 PM

Another example of posters needing to stop trying to bypass the board filter. I realize that you are frustrated, but you must remember this is a family board. Worst case scenario should be that you are upset and you type the actual word that you are intending to type, and then the board takes care of it for you.

snarky
09-26-2011, 01:50 PM

you know it's bad when we're actually worried about the fact that he got hurt...

ha, this truly made me LOL.

Snatch98
09-26-2011, 01:51 PM

And Sherrod I believe has been inactive for the Packers all year so far.

ramblinjim
09-26-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't disagree that our line is terrible. But do our coaches even know how to have the players chip those hard rushing DE's?

Heath Miller lines up right at TE, chips the DL before he goes into his route, knocking him off rhythm just a touch before he slides off into the middle of the field. Mendy, Mewelde or whoever, should take a shot at the RDE before heading out into the flat on the left side. Leave a back in to at least stand in the way of the guy that trucks Legursky, or better yet, put Foster in at RG and make Legursky your FB to max protect.

Having a TE line up, Mendy chipping and a protector back there still leaves two WR's to work the field, the TE in the middle and a back that can catch quite well in the flat.

OR Hines can line up in the slot and chip the DE on his way into his route.

The OC and the coaches don't have much talent to work with on our OL. Something needs to be done to protect the $100M man QB.

NJ-STEELER
09-26-2011, 06:28 PM

And Sherrod I believe has been inactive for the Packers all year so far.

thats because they have NFL caliber tackles in front of him

us??? not so much