View Full Version : It feels WEIRD rooting for the Raiders

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Are Steelers fans allowed to do that?

J-E-T-S

SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!

Discipline of Steel
09-25-2011, 05:31 PM
My hatred ranking for other teams goes like this...

1. Baltimore
2. New England
3. Dallass
4. Then i guess the Raiders if only for historical reasons...

...and that mid-season defeat a couple years ago. Jets are just not that important. So no, I wouldnt root for the Raiders. Besides, we very well might see them in the playoffs this year.

SteelAbility
09-25-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm rooting for the Jets, man. Right now the priority is to see NE go down. If they don't win their division, they can't get a 1st round bye. I feel much better about playing the Jets than I do about playing NE.

insanesteelersfan
09-25-2011, 05:46 PM
The Jets and the Patriots maybe should be worrying about the Bills...don't you think " But seriously, whether the Jets win today or lose. It will come down to their head to head games. I have no trouble rooting for the Raiders.
I was more kinda sorry to see how the Texans fell apart today. Cause I really wanted them undefeated when they come to Pittsburgh next weekend. Now, if we beat them, people like Warren Sapp are still gonna say that we are Old, and haven't beat anyone yet. Not that I will EVER lose any sleep over what Fat Man Sapp thinks :tt1

DukieBoy
09-25-2011, 05:47 PM
The historic hates give way temporarily when a foot-fetish verbose boor head coach of the Jests talks incessantly with nothing much to show for it.

Historical hate list:
Dallas Cowboys
Oakland Raiders
Cleveland Browns
Houston Oilers
Baltimore (either team)

Current short-term list:
Cheatriots***
Ravens
Jests
Cowboys
Browns

Though I'd like to give props to Tony Romo for manning up big time last week.

:2c

insanesteelersfan
09-25-2011, 06:27 PM
You know watching this Oakland/Jets game, I DO have to say that Darren Mcfadden IS a stud. Nice to see he has comeback strong after his early struggles with Injuries and what not. No way can anyone argue that Chris Johnson is anywhere near this kids league now as a RB.

grotonsteel
09-25-2011, 06:32 PM
You know watching this Oakland/Jets game, I DO have to say that Darren Mcfadden IS a stud. Nice to see he has comeback strong after his early struggles with Injuries and what not. No way can anyone argue that Chris Johnson is anywhere near this kids league now as a RB.

+1

insanesteelersfan
09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Man, did anyone here see Rex Ryan look at Cromartie after he just fumbled that kickoff ?...He looked like he wanted to put his FOOT up Cro's Butt.....No pun intended :lol:

grotonsteel
09-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Current short-term list:
Cheatriots***
Ravens
Jests
Cowboys
Browns

[/color]

My Current Hate List.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-25-2011, 06:45 PM
If they had kept their mouths shuts coming into our house last year, I wouldn't feel as I do about them, heck, I'd like to like them and did used to until they starting yipping at our heels.

Looks like they're going to lose big time .. "Can't Wait!".

SteelAbility
09-25-2011, 06:51 PM
The Jets and the Patriots maybe should be worrying about the Bills...don't you think " But seriously, whether the Jets win today or lose. It will come down to their head to head games. I have no trouble rooting for the Raiders.
I was more kinda sorry to see how the Texans fell apart today. Cause I really wanted them undefeated when they come to Pittsburgh next weekend. Now, if we beat them, people like Warren Sapp are still gonna say that we are Old, and haven't beat anyone yet. Not that I will EVER lose any sleep over what Fat Man Sapp thinks :tt1

The Steelers are going to be on the road at the Texans next week.

insanesteelersfan
09-25-2011, 06:55 PM

The Steelers are going to be on the road at the Texans next week.

Oh, you're right. My Bad! I meant that if they remained 3-0 after today, and we went into THEIR crib and won, then no one would be saying we are old and washed up. Sorry about the misinformation :Binky

hawaiiansteel
09-25-2011, 08:04 PM

+1

you really gotta give Darren McFadden props today against a supposedly tough Jets defense:

19 carries for 171 yards (9.0 yd/avg) and 2 TDs. :Clap

Raiders run roughshod over Jets

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 25, 2011

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/d-mcfaddenjump.jpg?w=162

The Raiders own the rushing attack that Rex Ryan wishes the Jets had.

And for one Sunday, the big bad Jets defense looked pretty average.

Oakland pounded the Jets 34-24 on Sunday by racking up 234 yards rushing at an incredible 7.2 yards-per-carry average. That’s the most rushing yards a Rex Ryan Jets defense has given up in a game.

Darren McFadden gained 171 yards and two scores, including a 70-yard touchdown where he somehow made Antonio Cromartie look slow. Or at least slower.

Cromartie also got penalized a lot, and lost a fumble on a kickoff. This was ultimately a game where the Jets made the big mistakes and Oakland did what they do better than any team in the league: Play smashmouth football and survive a lot of penalties.

McFadden suffered a groin injury late in the game, so his status will be a big story in the coming week. The Raiders host the Patriots in one of the showcase games of the week.

Yes, the Raiders are rather relevant once again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... over-jets/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/25/raiders-run-roughshod-over-jets/)

BURGH86STEEL
09-25-2011, 08:57 PM
I think the Raiders have the most intimidating uniforms in the league.

hawaiiansteel
09-25-2011, 09:13 PM
I think the Raiders have the most intimidating uniforms in the league.

and most bizarre fans:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/010/297/104472378_display_image.jpg?1307919819http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0656/6175/oakland_raiders_fan_crop_340x234.jpghttp://jackcentral.com/wordpress_2.8/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Bengals-Raiders-Footb_News1.jpg