PDA

View Full Version : Why LeBeau Can't Solve Tom Brady

SteelAbility
09-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Historically, the key to stopping Brady has been to get pressure up the middle. We have great outside pass-rushers and it seems to bother a lot of teams, but not really the Pats. I think beating Brady here hinges on getting pressure up the middle.

Has this been already discussed? I have been on this board very sporadically.

I'm thinking forward here obviously. The Steelers have a very weak schedule and the game against NE could very well end up putting us over them in the playoffs (either 1 vs. 2 or 2 vs. lower).

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Historically, the key to stopping Brady has been to get pressure up the middle. We have great outside pass-rushers and it seems to bother a lot of teams, but not really the Pats. I think beating Brady here hinges on getting pressure up the middle.

I'm thinking forward here obviously. The Steelers have a very weak schedule and the game against NE could very well end up putting us over them in the playoffs (either 1 vs. 2 or 2 vs. lower).

I'm not as smart as you, but I definitely agree that when he's harrassed he becomes Marsha Brady* pretty quickly. My recollection, which may not be accurate, is that we really get NO pressure on him ... I can't remember specifically whether it's because our doomsday kill-the-QB package is not working, or because we don't even unleash it at all.

How did the Ravens and Jets beat them in the playoffs the last 2 years? I know the Giants beat them with lots of pressure on Marsha* - was it up the middle, or around the edges (or just every which way)?

Steelhere10
09-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Because he refuse to come out of the 10yd cushion Defense, And the Pats offense is basically the short quick passing game. Teams that beat the Pats do a lot of press coverages and have good pressure with 4 man rushes.

SteelAbility
09-25-2011, 04:42 PM
I guess it can be done with pressure up the middle OR with four INTs. :lol:

Oviedo
09-25-2011, 04:59 PM
LeBeau plays right into Belicheck's hands. Instead of blitzing and pressuring which is the only way to rattle Brady, LeBeau backs the LBs off to help in coverage. It's happened every time we've played them and our DC hasn't changed a thing. I expect it will be the same way this time too.

MaxAMillion
09-25-2011, 05:04 PM

Please provide a list of all the defenses that stop the Pats offense? The Pats were 14-2 last year and Tom Brady was MVP of the league because no one stopped them. I love how people talk about stopping the Pats offense like it is easy to do.

We would beat the Pats if we moved the ball on them like the Bills did today. Of course with our garbage OL, that will never happen.

SteelAbility
09-25-2011, 05:36 PM

Please provide a list of all the defenses that stop the Pats offense? The Pats were 14-2 last year and Tom Brady was MVP of the league because no one stopped them. I love how people talk about stopping the Pats offense like it is easy to do.

We would beat the Pats if we moved the ball on them like the Bills did today. Of course with our garbage OL, that will never happen.

What I'm saying is that we have the personnel to do it, versus most other Ds that don't. The Ravens, Jets, and now maybe the Lions have the personnel for it. It's very frustrating for me to see a D that has sufficient personnel not even be in the game.

feltdizz
09-25-2011, 06:46 PM

This is probably the worst Pats D I have ever seen... moving the ball on them won't win games. You have to get TO's. 4 INT's is the reason the Bills won today.

Baltimore and the Jets shut down the Pats in the playoffs the last 2 years... it can be done.

hawaiiansteel
09-25-2011, 08:28 PM
SUNDAY, 25 SEPTEMBER 2011
BY ED BOUCHETTE

"Again, if you can get a pass rush on Tom Brady, he's going to fold. The Giants did it, the Jets did it and now the Bills did it. Do you have to be a New York team in order to get a pass rush on Tom Brady?"

http://burgh.us/81e

feltdizz
09-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Did Ed actually watch the game? Brady wasn't sacked... he was hit 4 times...

The Bills DB's bullied the WR's when the ball was in the air. Brady had time all day long, it was the coverage that had him rattled.

hawaiiansteel
09-25-2011, 09:18 PM
The Bills DB's bullied the WR's when the ball was in the air. Brady had time all day long, it was the coverage that had him rattled.

the Bills DBs didn't bully Wes Welker too well, he finished with 16 catches good for 217 yards and 2 TDs.

feltdizz
09-25-2011, 10:02 PM

the Bills DBs didn't bully Wes Welker too well, he finished with 16 catches good for 217 yards and 2 TDs.

Well the Pats we up 21-3 so it's not like they shut Brady down...

Welker is usually matched up with a LB though...

BURGH86STEEL
09-25-2011, 10:04 PM
One problem is that Lebeau doesn't play the game.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-25-2011, 11:38 PM
LeBeau almost couldn't figure out PAINTER.