PDA

View Full Version : Baron Batch: Rookie Duty and Twitter Rants

hawaiiansteel
09-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Diary 34 (Rookie Duty and Twitter Rants)

POSTED BY BARONBATCH
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2011

For 9 months I have been a drifter, traveling from place to place and jumping from hotel to hotel. I can thankfully say those days are behind me for the moment. For the first time in a while I am settled in one place. Recently I moved into my new apartment in Pittsburgh, and have unpacked my 3 duffle bags that have served as my faithful traveling companions. The life of an NFL rookie is by no means a glamorous one as ESPN sometimes portrays. For most rookies life consists of constant travel and even more constant uncertainty. In many ways the only certain thing is the uncertainty. With that being said, it feels good to finally be settled. It feels good to rest.

5 weeks have passed since my surgery and I’m feeling great. My knee is getting stronger each day and I have started doing lower body lifts like leg press. It will be about 2 more months before I can start running. I’m finally beginning to get back in a structured routine and it’s a welcomed change from my previous chaotic schedule. I’m learning a ton from the older guys and feel like I’m grasping the offense better each week that goes by.

However, I am not a huge fan of rookie duties. I guess it’s not too bad considering all the other guys went through the same thing at some point. Also when I take into consideration the stories I have heard about other rookies ‘rookie expenses’ it really makes me breathe a breath of relief. My ‘rookie duties’ really aren’t that bad at all. They consist of buying Popeye’s Chicken for all the other running backs the Saturday before every away game, and the breakfast of their choosing the Saturday before every home game. My most recent rookie task was to provide the running back room with snacks. Today I was given a list of different items and was told to stock up. The first thing on the list was “High powered Nerf guns (the automatic kind).” I can’t say I didn’t live out my childhood fantasy today at Target as I threw every delicious snack, variety of candy, and awesome high-powered Nerf gun in my basket.

As I walked through Target with my basket filled to the top with candy and Nerf guns, children gazed at me with awe as jealousy filled their little eyes and their parents stared in confusion. I strolled through Target with my basket full of ‘awesomeness’. A childhood fantasy had been fulfilled; it was like a dream come true. Once I saw the subtotal I woke up pretty quick though. I could hardly believe the amount that I had spent on candy and Nerf guns! I wanted to ask the cashier “Can I pay you in stride layers?”

I mean I guess candy and Nerf guns is a silly way to spend money, and I’m sure some of you are like “Oh Baron doesn’t know how to spend his money wisely”, Just like this financial twitter guru suggested to me after I tweeted about my Nerf gun/candy spree.

Well I guess Mr. Financial Twitter Guru could be right. Or maybe he’s not. Maybe there are worse things I could be spending my money on. Maybe I should name a few that are a tad worse than candy and high-powered Nerf guns. Hmmm….let me think. Ah! I got it.

1.) Bling- for those of you that don’t know what ‘bling’ is let me explain. Bling is expensive jewelry that doesn’t really serve a purpose besides for shouting to other people “Hey look at me! I have money! Come rob me!”. Bling can come in the form of earrings, watches, chains, bracelets, and other bedazzled accessories. I do not own any bling and don’t plan on it. Unless I could get a bedazzled Canon 50mm 1.2 L lens (for my non photographer friends this would be equivalent to 50 Cents chain. To my photographer friends that don’t know who 50 Cent is. His chain is equivalent to a bedazzled Canon 50mm 1.2 L lens)

2.) Child support- I don’t think I need to go into detail about this one. I don’t have and nappy headed, ashy kneed, mini Barons running around. The only reason I bring up the ashy kneed and nappy-headed part is because that’s exactly what my future kids will be like.

3.) An Entourage- I don’t have an entourage, nor will I ever. I don’t need an entourage. I roll one deep and stay strapped with my canon (camera) and MacBook pro. I’m so hood that when Safari unexpectedly closes I don’t even report it to Apple. Snitches get stitches.

Ok I could keep going but I really don’t think I need to. I guess this was just a rant in response to Mr. Financial Twitter Guru. I sincerely hope you read this. I rarely rant in blog posts but every now and then it just comes out, and they always serve as a bit of comic relief to the seriousness on my blog.

Mr. Financial Twitter Guru I hope that this post has enlightened you and helped you realize that all professional athletes don’t squander their money. I was actually one of the few collegiate athletes that managed to save and put money away while in college and didn’t complain about not getting paid.

However, I do understand your concern. I mean Nerf guns can get expensive and in all reality might even tempt me into to getting the real thing. On the streets they call Nerf guns ‘gateway weapons’ wait that’s not true at all.

My rant is over now.

Whew deep breaths!

Rant aside I just want to tell all of you how much I enjoy your support and encouraging emails, but above all your prayers! Please keep em coming. I appreciate all of you. God bless!

http://baronbatch.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... rants.html (http://baronbatch.blogspot.com/2011/09/diary-34-rookie-duty-and-twitter-rants.html)

Snatch98
09-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Love this kid. Pretty damn funny.

Oviedo
09-24-2011, 07:26 AM
I really hope this kid gets healthy and has a long career with the Steelers. This may have been a good thing for him in the long run. He gets to learn and get fit and he is safe with the Steelers versus being a PS player.

Chavezz
09-24-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm becoming a big fan of his. I hope the kid is able to rehab and earn a spot on the team next year.

Djfan
09-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Very impressive. This guy is the Jack Ham of running backs.

RuthlessBurgher
09-24-2011, 12:39 PM

Jack Ham was a writer? I believe it was Andy Russell who wrote all those Steeler books.

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 01:41 PM
I love this young man. I really do. However, whether he is Black or not I feel does not give him the right to use the term " Nappy Headed " in his rant about child support. To me that was very disrespectful, and, if say Ben would have wrote those twitter posts, and used the term " Nappy Headed " as it goes to HIM having any children right now to support. I'm pretty sure the entire league, it's fan base and Mr.Goodell would be contacting him. And like I said, just because one is Black does NOT give one free reign to use such terms. But, that aside, I enjoyed his comments. :2c

RuthlessBurgher
09-24-2011, 01:51 PM
I love this young man. I really do. However, whether he is Black or not I feel does not give him the right to use the term " Nappy Headed " in his rant about child support. To me that was very disrespectful, and, if say Ben would have wrote those twitter posts, and used the term " Nappy Headed " as it goes to HIM having any children right now to support. I'm pretty sure the entire league, it's fan base and Mr.Goodell would be contacting him. And like I said, just because one is Black does NOT give one free reign to use such terms. But, that aside, I enjoyed his comments. :2c

Wow. How exactly is it disrespectful to describe one's own hair? Nappy headed means you have tightly coiled hair. Baron doesn't exactly have long flowing locks. You're good with ashy knees, though? Good to know. :?

Looking at Ben and his wife, if she had a nappy headed child, I'm pretty sure the entire league, it's fan base and Mr.Goodell would be contacting him (wondering exactly how close Willie Colon actually is with the Roethlisberger family). :lol:

Chavezz
09-24-2011, 01:53 PM

Didn't you use the term "wet back" the other day?? And then you add this "To me that was very disrespectful"

You're a clown.

Djfan
09-24-2011, 02:12 PM

Jack Ham was a writer? I believe it was Andy Russell who wrote all those Steeler books.

Ham has long been considered one of the smartest LBs the Steelers have ever had.

AkronSteel
09-24-2011, 02:12 PM

Didn't you use the term "wet back" the other day?? And then you add this "To me that was very disrespectful"

You're a clown.

+1

RuthlessBurgher
09-24-2011, 02:13 PM

Ham has long been considered one of the smartest LBs the Steelers have ever had.

Gotcha.

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 02:14 PM

Wow. How exactly is it disrespectful to describe one's own hair? Nappy headed means you have tightly coiled hair. Baron doesn't exactly have long flowing locks. You're good with ashy knees, though? Good to know. :?

Looking at Ben and his wife, if she had a nappy headed child, I'm pretty sure the entire league, it's fan base and Mr.Goodell would be contacting him (wondering exactly how close Willie Colon actually is with the Roethlisberger family). :lol:

Sorry but it IS disrespectful. You say Knappy Headed means tightly rolled Hair right ?, well then shouldn't the term be Knappy haired ? Sorry Ruthless but a negative term is still a negative term. And Knappy Headed is a negative term. Just like the " N " word is. And if you think there wouldn't be a difference between Batch using that term, and a " White " person, then I'm SURE Ex-MSNBC " ICON " Don Imus would like to have a little chat with you.

Bottom line, Batch was wrong for using it.....Period!!

frankthetank1
09-24-2011, 02:26 PM

Sorry but it IS disrespectful. You say Knappy Headed means tightly rolled Hair right ?, well then shouldn't the term be Knappy haired ? Sorry Ruthless but a negative term is still a negative term. And Knappy Headed is a negative term. Just like the " N " word is. And if you think there wouldn't be a difference between Batch using that term, and a " White " person, then I'm SURE Ex-MSNBC " ICON " Don Imus would like to have a little chat with you.

so i guess you werent a nappy roots fan :lol:

its called comedy. he obviously has a great sense of humor and can make fun of himself. it was stupid what happened to imus. people are way to sensitive these days. even if he made fun of white people i wouldnt give a crap, hell i make fun of white people all the time (which is very easy when you live in stowe, VT. i make fun of everyone and that is equality

RuthlessBurgher
09-24-2011, 02:29 PM

C'mon man...there is a children's picture book called "Nappy Hair" (and it has won several awards for children's literature). Chris Rock did a documentary called "Good Hair" (a response to his 5 year old daughter asking him "Daddy, how come I don't have good hair?") which examining the lengths that black women will go to in order to straighten their hair as a result of mainstream society's typical views about what is considered to be attractive in these times (and it's opening at the Sundance Film Festival was greeted to wide critical acclaim).

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 02:33 PM

so i guess you werent a nappy roots fan :lol:

its called comedy. he obviously has a great sense of humor and can make fun of himself. it was stupid what happened to imus. people are way to sensitive these days. even if he made fun of white people i wouldnt give a crap, hell i make fun of white people all the time (which is very easy when you live in stowe, VT. i make fun of everyone and that is equality

Look, I don't care how one uses that term, it is wrong. It has a negative conintation to it. Of course there is a difference between Baron Batch, and Don Imus. Batch is a little known football player on IR who 90 % of the league fans have never heard of. Don Imus was a nationally known Radio and TV super Star who was head by 100's of Millions each day. What Imus did was wrong, and he had to know what MIGHT have happened to him. But Batch, IF he were more of a nationally known player, like say TO, or Chad Johnson, and he used that term, it would be getting some attention, and would probably be a main topic on ESPN's " First Take " with Skip Bayless. But in the end, nothing would happen to those " Black " players. But you can be assured if a guy like Ben said it, even in gest, he would be cruscified. And fined, and probably be suspended from Goodell AFTER the likes of Jesse Jackson and Rev Sharpton made their opinions known.

That is why I feel what Batch said was wrong. He is NOT a bad guy. Just the opposite. But even the good ones make errors from time to time. That is something I DEFINITELY know about :HeadBanger ....cause I do it all the time.

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 02:38 PM

C'mon man...there is a children's picture book called "Nappy Hair" (and it has won several awards for children's literature). Chris Rock did a documentary called "Good Hair" (a response to his 5 year old daughter asking him "Daddy, how come I don't have good hair?") which examining the lengths that black women will go to in order to straighten their hair as a result of mainstream society's typical views about what is considered to be attractive in these times (and it's opening at the Sundance Film Festival was greeted to wide critical acclaim).

Great. But just because there is a book entitled " Nappy Hair " doesn't make the term any less egregious. And Batch didn't use it as a referance to teach, or make a social point. He used it as a term as it went to " Child Support. As if to say he doesn't need ANY Nappy Haired kids around, and having to raise them. That my friend IS a negative term....in that specific context. But I appreciate your opinion. It's NOT a big deal cause it was just ONE tiny term he used in a post of tweets that were very insightful, and respectful. Maybe we should just concentrate on those :Clap

Slapstick
09-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Given your views on the custodial parent mother in child support cases, the fact that you are hung up on a harmless term like "nappy headed" is exceedingly strange...

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Given your views on the custodial parent mother in child support cases, the fact that you are hung up on a harmless term like "nappy headed" is exceedingly strange...

Is the " N " word a harmless trm ? Is " Spade " Is " is Jungle Bunny " Cause Nappy Headed is right equal with those.

RuthlessBurgher
09-24-2011, 02:51 PM

Is the " N " word a harmless trm ? Is " Spade " Is " is Jungle Bunny " Cause Nappy Headed is right equal with those.

Actually, it's not (but Wetback is). Just sayin'...

Djfan
09-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Wow. Jesus mocked people who spit out gnats but swallowed camels.

Hmmm....

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 02:55 PM

And I was wrong for writing that. And I am sorry to ALL the Latin people here who saw it. But just because one is Black does NOT mean it is okay to use those terms. And they do. I see it every day.

RuthlessBurgher
09-24-2011, 02:58 PM

And I was wrong for writing that. And I am sorry to ALL the Latin people here who saw it. But just because one is Black does NOT mean it is okay to use those terms. And they do. I see it every day.

Kudos for admitting that.

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 03:11 PM

Kudos for admitting that.

Thanks for forgiving my stupidity. Look, Baron is a great guy. A great man who has a great spirtual belief. I doubt very seriously he has a stupid bone in his body. It is only me, and my take on what he said that I thought was maybe egregious. Doesn't mean I am 100 % right. It was just my opinion. God willing, and hard work, Baron will be back better then ever next year. And I think it is safe to say that we ALL can't wait to see him :Clap

Slapstick
09-24-2011, 05:11 PM

"Nappy Headed" isn't in the same ballpark. It's not the same league. It's not even the same sport.

pittpete
09-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Mods, save us the trouble of reading this fools garbage on nearly every thread posted and ban his butt allready.
He clearly suffers from mental issues and is making a mockery of this board.

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Mods, save us the trouble of reading this fools garbage on nearly every thread posted and ban his butt allready.
He clearly suffers from mental issues and is making a mockery of this board.

Why or how is stating MY OPINION that the term Nappy-headed is offensive to me garbage ? And deserving of a Ban ? And even though I HAVE had posts I do regret. Please show where I have been offensive in EVERY single thread as you just stated ?

Man talk about being ridiculous! Try to remember something son...this IS America...in case you didn't know. And stating ones opinion IS allowed in this country. Just because you have a ROCK up your Butt regarding me, does not mean I should be banned. You don't like me....fine. Then filter me out. That BTW is YOUR right! You don't see me here expressing that you don't have a right to do that do you ?

Got it ?...Good!!

Slapstick
09-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Man talk about being ridiculous! Try to remember something son...this IS America...in case you didn't know. And stating ones opinion IS allowed in this country. Just because you have a ROCK up your Butt regarding me, does not mean I should be banned. You don't like me....fine. Then filter me out. That BTW is YOUR right! You don't see me here expressing that you don't have a right to do that do you ?

Got it ?...Good!!

Now, apply these principles to Baron Batch...practice what you preach, my inane friend...

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 06:21 PM

Got it ?...Good!!

Now, apply these principles to Baron Batch...practice what you preach, my inane friend...

Slap, I never wrote he didn't have a right to say that. I just said I think it's was an inappropriate term to use. And that if in any way Ben would have used that term, he would get crusified for doing so. But I didn't say he didn't have the right.

Eddie Spaghetti
09-24-2011, 06:51 PM
i'm with sane on this one. it was a poor choice of words.

and a white dude would have been hammered for it.

such is the society we participate in.

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 08:47 PM

Thanks Eddie. For someone who HAS uttered some stupid statements in the past....not you eddie...Me! :o And I know there are alot worse words or phrases he could have used, and that others have used in twitter rants. The bottom line is that Batch I think was just trying to convey mostly how his injury and rehab are going. What rookie torture he is going through. And how he is adapting. In the long run, I am NOT worried at all about Batch ever saying questionable things, or being an embarrassment to himself. His family and least of all this team :Clap

Slapstick
09-24-2011, 09:38 PM

But, it wasn't a white dude who said it...that does, in fact, make all the difference in the world...

That is the society we participate in...

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 10:40 PM

But, it wasn't a white dude who said it...that does, in fact, make all the difference in the world...

That is the society we participate in...

Slap, that is a ridiculous argument. 160 years ago it was the society we participate in that had Blacks picking your great great grandparents Cotton fields. So why did we change that ? It's the society that we live in that prevents Homosexuals from legally marrying one another....it that acceptable to you ? Whether or not the greater percentage of society would take more offense to a WHITE person using that term more then a Black person does NOT make it right, or politically correct...no matter what society we partake in.

D Rock
09-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Wetback

o Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images

Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.

killing his baby momma and burying her

o Material that defames, abuses or threatens others.

Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.

saying all babby mommas want to abuse the system and get their hair and nails done

Material that defames, abuses or threatens others.

P_U_*_*_Y

Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images

S_*_*_T (both without the *'s, and intentionally used in this form to bypass the filters put in place to keep this board respectable)

continually referring to other posters as "son"

Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member, coach or player

how many strikes will this guy get before he is gone? This is absurd and I am disappointed in the mods and Jhansle for letting it get this far.

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 11:29 PM
Wetback

Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.

saying all babby mommas want to abuse the system and get their hair and nails done

P_U_*_*_Y

S_*_*_T (both without the *'s, and intentionally used in this form to bypass the filters put in place to keep this board respectable)

Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member, coach or player

how many strikes will this guy get before he is gone? This is absurd and I am disappointed in the mods and Jhansle for letting it get this far.

75 % of those things you are taking out of context. And were not said towards another poster here. Nor did I ever say ALL Baby mommies are corupt and wanna work the system. And I said that Burying my ex before I would go through a divorce as a JOKE!

You sir are just a bitter little man with no brains to talk intelligently.

D Rock
09-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Wetback

P_U_*_*_Y

75 % of those things you are taking out of context. And were not said towards another poster here. Nor did I ever say ALL Baby mommies are corupt and wanna work the system. And I said that Burying my ex before I would go through a divorce as a JOKE!

WHAT?!

this absolutely has to be a joke, and this this guy is seeing how long he can go before he gets banned

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 11:36 PM
[quote="D Rock":78y5hkuk]Wetback

P_U_*_*_Y

WHAT?!

this absolutely has to be a joke, and this this guy is seeing how long he can go before he gets banned

Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member, coach or player[/quote:78y5hkuk]

Then guess what my friend, you just broke those rules about 10 times with me, when I never attacked you at all. So, I guess I will see YOU Banned anytime now :lol:

Bye-bye now D Rock

D Rock
09-24-2011, 11:37 PM
[quote="D Rock":1zzlza1g]Wetback

P_U_*_*_Y

WHAT?!

Then guess what my friend, you just broke those rules about 10 times with me, when I never attacked you at all. So, I guess I will see YOU Banned anytime now :lol:

Bye-bye now D Rock[/quote:1zzlza1g]

if thats what it takes to clean up the board and have myself banned with you, then I will gladly accept my bannishment

insanesteelersfan
09-24-2011, 11:43 PM
[quote=insanesteelersfan][quote="D Rock":empx4mhy]Wetback

P_U_*_*_Y

WHAT?!

Bye-bye now D Rock[/quote:empx4mhy]

if thats what it takes to clean up the board and have myself banned with you, then I will gladly accept my bannishment[/quote:empx4mhy]

Look D Rock, you can do that. Or use your great insight to correct me whan I screw up. And try to educate me when you think I have stated something that is wrong. As it goes to Batch using the term Nappy-Headed, if you feel it is okay for him to use it, for whatever the reason, then please state why. Like I did. Give an opinion as to why you agree, or disagree. THAT I would appreciate, and respect.

D Rock
09-24-2011, 11:46 PM
I have no concern for what you may appreciate and respect when it comes to my responses to your posts. ZERO.

sd steel
09-25-2011, 01:18 AM
The difference between what Batch said, " Nappy-head" to describe what his children will look like because he has nappy hair, and what Imus said "Nappy-heahed hoes" to describe black female college basketball players is huge. Imus was using a derogatory term to describe African American women, Batch was describing his own hair.

For someone to use the term "wet-back" in one post and not see an issue with it and then chastise a person for using a term to describe his own features is truly laughable.

I don't think much would have been said about Imus if had had just said "nappy headed"....the "hoes" was what sent the statement over the edge.

That being said, please don't ban the "insane" one, I'm guessing he is probably 15 years old and just trying to be part of the group....and everytime I read his posts I laugh out loud. I have been known to enjoy watching train wrecks!! :Clap

hawaiiansteel
09-25-2011, 01:24 AM
As it goes to Batch using the term Nappy-Headed, if you feel it is okay for him to use it, for whatever the reason, then please state why. Like I did. Give an opinion as to why you agree, or disagree. THAT I would appreciate, and respect.

okay, I'll give it a shot.

IMO Baron Batch was just poking fun at himself, I really don't see anything wrong with that.

NorthCoast
09-25-2011, 09:17 AM
The prior discussion is symptomatic of why our culture has been in decline for years. If we have to account for every word, phrase, or action and how it might offend, we end with an intractable society, government, culture. We end with everyone expecting a remuneration for deeds done and not done. We blame the victims, pity the offenders, and honor the despicable. Cogent and enlightened debate has been replaced with sounds bites of skewed, attention-getting statements.
While feigning sensitivity we have become supremely desensitized to the real plights of humankind. In this 21st century we still have children dying from disease, malnutrition, and neglect. We have the aged who are discounted as irrelevant, and sadly, burdensome.
Worry about the things that matter, not about an obviously satirical, self-reflection of one individual.
(for the record, I thought the tweet had some good humor.)

frankthetank1
09-25-2011, 09:56 AM

that is very true. if a white player said it the media would be all over him which is a shame really. i think what batch said was hillarious but ya know i would think its hillarious regardless of who said that stuff. to me race doesnt matter. i think everyone and everything should be fair game when it comes to comedy.

you almost never see a stand up comedian who is white that pokes fun of other races however comedians who are not white get a free pass to make fun of whoever. people are way too sensitive which is why we live in this pc world.

RuthlessBurgher
09-25-2011, 11:11 AM

that is very true. if a white player said it the media would be all over him which is a shame really. i think what batch said was hillarious but ya know i would think its hillarious regardless of who said that stuff. to me race doesnt matter. i think everyone and everything should be fair game when it comes to comedy.

you almost never see a stand up comedian who is white that pokes fun of other races however comedians who are not white get a free pass to make fun of whoever. people are way too sensitive which is why we live in this pc world.

Except for Lisa Lampanelli. That's her whole schtick.

Slapstick
09-25-2011, 02:16 PM
I hope you all will forgive African Americans if they are a bit sensitive about being berated by whites...

After all, in the middle of the last century they weren't allowed to attend certain public schools or even drink from certain public water fountains, for God's sake...

Yes, the sins of the forefathers have been visited upon the current generation...such is the world we live in...

Here in America, we tend to leave a lot of messes for future generations to clean up...

Djfan
09-25-2011, 02:33 PM
My ancestors were persecuted, enslaved and deported, while being used as unwilling soldiers for an oppressive kingdom. We have a reputation for being lazy, drunks, and not trust worthy. We even have the "Patty wagon" named after us. It was used in the USA for mass arrests of my people, who became known for their crime lifestyles in Chicago.

I'm Irish.

I'm over it.

insanesteelersfan
09-25-2011, 02:52 PM
My ancestors were persecuted, enslaved and deported, while being used as unwilling soldiers for an oppressive kingdom. We have a reputation for being lazy, drunks, and not trust worthy. We even have the "Patty wagon" named after us. It was used in the USA for mass arrests of my people, who became known for their crime lifestyles in Chicago.

I'm Irish.

I'm over it.

Good one :lol: However if I may, the term Patty Wagon was never what that truck was called. It was just called that by those who are Ignorant. But it was never legally called that. Thats like saying the Cadillac was called the Pimp mobile...no. It was the Cadillac. Only Ignorant people called it the Pimp mobile. But I see your point.

Djfan
09-25-2011, 03:01 PM

I'm Irish.

I'm over it.

Good one :lol: However if I may, the term Patty Wagon was never what that truck was called. It was just called that by those who are Ignorant. But it was never legally called that. Thats like saying the Cadillac was called the Pimp mobile...no. It was the Cadillac. Only Ignorant people called it the Pimp mobile. But I see your point.

What something is called in the books can never negate what the paradigm is. We know it as a patty wagon. That's not going away.

Djfan
09-25-2011, 03:03 PM
One more issue here, African Americans have royalty and wealth in their backgrounds, too. It's not like they were just a bunch of losers sitting around a continent wondering how to do life.

They have much history, and much of it is worthy of being proud of.

insanesteelersfan
09-25-2011, 03:11 PM
One more issue here, African Americans have royalty and wealth in their backgrounds, too. It's not like they were just a bunch of losers sitting around a continent wondering how to do life.

They have much history, and much of it is worthy of being proud of.

Yes they do. But so do the Irish. As far as Blacks blaming us for slavery, they have to remember that African Kings were Inslaving their own people, and capturing them and selling them off to other countries way way before there even was an America. So yeah, the whiners about slavery need to Nut up and shut up, and stop whining about it.

phillyesq
09-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Does anybody remember when this board used to be about football?

D Rock
09-25-2011, 03:41 PM

darn night games...no one knows what to do with themselves on Sunday afternoons if the Steelers aren't playing

hawaiiansteel
09-25-2011, 04:03 PM

we really should get back to discussing football...

I think Lionel Messi is the best player in the world, wouldn't you agree? :D

http://topnews.in/files/Lione-Messi_0.jpg

eniparadoxgma
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
There have been quite a few intelligent, thought out posts in this thread. This is not one of them.

Doodie balls. That is all. (Night games suck).

Djfan
09-25-2011, 04:27 PM
There have been quite a few intelligent, thought out posts in this thread. This is not one of them.

White guys shouldn't say "doodie balls."

Shoe
09-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Can someone inform me, because I'm ignorant: Who is this Baron Batch, why have I seen his name all over this board, and why (as a Steeler fan) should I care about him? Seriously, I have no clue. Is he a local legend or something? Why so much conversation over someone who I'd normally think is just training camp fodder.

Djfan
09-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Can someone inform me, because I'm ignorant: Who is this Baron Batch, why have I seen his name all over this board, and why (as a Steeler fan) should I care about him? Seriously, I have no clue. Is he a local legend or something? Why so much conversation over someone who I'd normally think is just training camp fodder.

We drafted him late, and he showed up with big time game in the preseason. Also, his tweets have been amazing.

Put him on IR after an injury. Too bad, he is a weapon.

eniparadoxgma
09-25-2011, 05:26 PM

Look dude. I grew up a doodie ball in a doodie ball part of the country and if anyone is allowed to say doodie ball it's me. Just don't you go saying it...you non-doodie ball mofo you.

Djfan
09-25-2011, 05:30 PM

Look dude. I grew up a doodie ball in a doodie ball part of the country and if anyone is allowed to say doodie ball it's me. Just don't you go saying it...you non-doodie ball mofo you.

Only if Baron Batch can call you "doodie ball" is it OK for you to say it.