PDA

View Full Version : any changes in the starting lineup?

steeler_george
09-22-2011, 02:51 PM
It is only 2 games deep in the season, and a long way to finish up the Superbowl.

Here are some changes that I would like to see as the season progresses.

For starter, I want to explore the possibilities of having Essex in the role of David Johnson as a our 2nd TE, which in most cases is a just a blocker.

Secondly, when Kemo is healthy, the flirtation of rotating Leg and Foster at Guard, and let the the best man win the position. I am not down on Legurski, but Foster proved once again last week that he can handle the postion quite fine.

We need to get more looks at Lewis, if he is a step better than the often injured Bmac.

More rotation on the DL. I am not saying Aaron Smith is washed up yet, but Ziggy proved last year he deserves more playing time.

Discipline of Steel
09-22-2011, 05:01 PM
I dont see any changes to the starting lineup unless its Bmac bcause of injury

Regarding your proposals.....

#1 Why? I just cant imagine having a pear shaped TE that cant catch. DJ is growing into that position fairly well.

#2 Kemo has been here a while but he did make a lot of bonehead moves last year. I think he deserves another year at the position in case that was a down year...but the more he's injured, the closer the other guys will come to unseating him.

#3 I think we are seeing that. Refer to #2

#4 I didnt see last game but its my current understanding that the DL is already rotating to keep everyone fresh.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-22-2011, 06:22 PM
[quote]For starter, I want to explore the possibilities of having Essex in the role of David Johnson as a our 2nd TE, which in most cases is a just a blocker.

I disagree. You do this kind of experimentation out of desperation. If this was something that they wanted to explore then it should have been done pre season....but then again, they didn't even have Essex here. I would be more open to moving Essex into his natural LT position than moving him to FB.

Secondly, when Kemo is healthy, the flirtation of rotating Leg and Foster at Guard, and let the the best man win the position. I am not down on Legurski, but Foster proved once again last week that he can handle the postion quite fine.

Why split time. I'm not sure how Foster lost the job, but I am sure at this point that he is the better man for the job. Legs out, Foster in.

We need to get more looks at Lewis, if he is a step better than the often injured Bmac.

Lewis had a nice pre season. Keep an eye on him, I'll bet you that this change does happen at some point. I think that it would have been made sooner if Lewis did not bury himself so deep in the doghouse last year.

More rotation on the DL. I am not saying Aaron Smith is washed up yet, but Ziggy proved last year he deserves more playing time.

I think that this is happening and will happen more as Heyward continues to feel comfortable. [/quote:1puedd4x]