PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions for Ben Roethlisberger

fordfixer
09-21-2011, 11:30 PM
3 questions for Ben Roethlisberger
September 21st, 2011
http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/201 ... lisberger/ (http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2011/09/21/3-questions-for-ben-roethlisberger/)
Here are a couple of excerpts from Ben Roethlisberger’s weekly chat with reporters:

Q: What do Indianapolis defensive ends Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis do that presents problems?
A: “Disrupt, speed, spin moves. They’re built for that turf and the crowd noise. When you have to use silent count they can get off the ball and they’re basically like linebackers that are big and strong. They’re so fast and it’s a huge challenge for these guys this week and you have to make sure you spend some time with tight ends and backs, chipping and helping out. I’ve got faith in our tackles and our tight ends, whoever is on them. Those ends are going to win some but we’re going to win some too.”

Q: Are the struggles you had running the ball in second half against Seattle a concern?
A: “No, that’s them knowing we’re going to run the ball and just packing the box. We still have to take pride in running the ball even when they do that but I don’t see as there being anything wrong with our running back.”

Q: Are you urprised at how Indy has struggled?
A: “I didn’t expect them to struggle. I think Kerry Collins is a great quarterback. He’s been in this league a long time. And they’re playing good. They had two close games. It’s a play here and a play there and they’re 2-0. I expect them to come out and be flying around and be jacked up because it’s Sunday night and it’s us.”

A note of interest for Steelers fans…

Steelers fans may want to forget a 35-7 loss to the Ravens, but a partnership between Discovery Communications and the NFL will give fans a unique look into one of the most heated rivalries in the league.
“NFL Single Game Coverage” debuts tonight on Velocity, Discovery’s new upscale men’s cable network at 8 p.m., with an in-depth look at the Steelers-Ravens game on Sept. 11. At 8:30 p.m., “NFL Greatest Rivalries” debuts on Velocity and delves into the history of the Steelers-Ravens rivalry.

Sonny
09-21-2011, 11:47 PM
I think Kerry Collins is a great quarterback. He’s been in this league a long time. And they’re playing good. They had two close games. It’s a play here and a play there and they’re 2-0.

I know that, at least with the media, Ben is as cliche as they come. But holy hell.

insanesteelersfan
09-22-2011, 12:04 AM
I think Kerry Collins is a great quarterback. He’s been in this league a long time. And they’re playing good. They had two close games. It’s a play here and a play there and they’re 2-0.

I know that, at least with the media, Ben is as cliche as they come. But holy hell.

Ouch!! If Ben truly said that, then he needs to have his head checked for a concussion. Cause last time I checked, 34-7 is NOT a close game. And yes, they were right there with the Browns after 3 quarters, but then the Browns scored 3 times in the 4th quarter before Indy tossed their only TD in meaningless time with under 30 seconds to go. So Ben please,,,,get your Dome checked :lol:

Djfan
09-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Q: Are the struggles you had running the ball in second half against Seattle a concern?
A: “No, that’s them knowing we’re going to run the ball and just packing the box. We still have to take pride in running the ball even when they do that but I don’t see as there being anything wrong with our running back.”

)_(^%@_)&^%&@(*%#)@^)_(*)&+)_#*%(&^*^(*^&!~!!!!!!

Did you hear that BA?!?!?!?!?