PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ngata signs 5-year, $61 million deal with Ravens

drprwnap
09-21-2011, 12:55 PM
OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) — The Baltimore Ravens signed defensive tackle Haloti Ngata to a five-year, $61 million contract on Tuesday.

His agent, Mike McCartney, said Ngata will get $40 million in the first two years of the deal. The All-Pro defensive tackle has 10 tackles, six solos, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries.

"It just feels awesome," Ngata said in a statement. "I won't have to worry about my family, my kids, with money problems. For me to be here another five years is great. Hopefully, I can be here and retire here."

"Haloti's re-signing is significant as we push to win consistently and battle for championships," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "His leadership is not only integral to our defense, but also the entire team. This is another commitment from (owner) Steve Bisciotti making sure we keep our best players."

The deal came before Tuesday's NFL deadline to sign a multiyear contract or extension to a franchise player. Ngata headed into this season with a $12.4 million franchise tender that was fully guaranteed. Ngata was selected 12th overall by the Ravens in the 2006 draft. The former Oregon player has 12 career sacks, three interceptions, three forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries.

WOW! Let me get this straight, Holati. You have $12.4 MILLION FULLY GUAUANTEED tender and you're worried about your family's money problems :wft

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2011, 01:06 PM
WOW! Let me get this straight, Holati. You have $12.4 MILLION FULLY GUAUANTEED tender and you're worried about your family's money problems :wft

He was a teammate of Chris McAlister's in Baltimore...

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18658

insanesteelersfan
09-21-2011, 01:10 PM
OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) — The Baltimore Ravens signed defensive tackle Haloti Ngata to a five-year, $61 million contract on Tuesday.

His agent, Mike McCartney, said Ngata will get $40 million in the first two years of the deal. The All-Pro defensive tackle has 10 tackles, six solos, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries.

"It just feels awesome," Ngata said in a statement. "I won't have to worry about my family, my kids, with money problems. For me to be here another five years is great. Hopefully, I can be here and retire here."

"Haloti's re-signing is significant as we push to win consistently and battle for championships," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "His leadership is not only integral to our defense, but also the entire team. This is another commitment from (owner) Steve Bisciotti making sure we keep our best players."

The deal came before Tuesday's NFL deadline to sign a multiyear contract or extension to a franchise player. Ngata headed into this season with a $12.4 million franchise tender that was fully guaranteed. Ngata was selected 12th overall by the Ravens in the 2006 draft. The former Oregon player has 12 career sacks, three interceptions, three forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries.

I see what you are saying but, I think he is thinking of long term no worries here. Yes the money he has made up to now IS alot of course. But remember, of that 12 million, 40 % immediately goes to the Government. Another what ?...5 % to his agent, ect. And I think Ngata has ALOT of relatives that as a proud Samoan, Ngata wants to take care of...kinda like Troy does. So, even though I HATE the Ravens. I am Happy for Ngata. One thing you have to admit is that the dude brings it every single game.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2011, 01:39 PM
And I think Ngata has ALOT of relatives that as a proud Samoan, Ngata wants to take care of...kinda like Troy does.

Actually, Ngata is Tongan. Tongans don't like being mistaken for Samoans.

insanesteelersfan
09-21-2011, 01:50 PM
And I think Ngata has ALOT of relatives that as a proud Samoan, Ngata wants to take care of...kinda like Troy does.

Thanks for that correction. How about if I just say,,A Pacific Islander ? :lol:

Steelers>NFL
09-21-2011, 01:55 PM

I see what you are saying but, I think he is thinking of long term no worries here. Yes the money he has made up to now IS alot of course. But remember, of that 12 million, 40 % immediately goes to the Government. Another what ?...5 % to his agent, ect. And I think Ngata has ALOT of relatives that as a proud Samoan, Ngata wants to take care of...kinda like Troy does. So, even though I HATE the Ravens. I am Happy for Ngata. One thing you have to admit is that the dude brings it every single game.

Yes, he does bring. He is a BEAST! GREAT player. Deserves the money. Would take him on the Steelers anyday.

fezziwig
09-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Yes, he is Steeler team worthy.

I would take Ngata in an instant for the Steelers but no other stand out Ravens players. Maybe Rice.

Not being a homer but I wouldn't want Ray Lewis on my team. Even if he wasn't a Raven and we picked him up, I have no respect for the guy.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Yes, he is Steeler team worthy.

I would take Ngata in an instant for the Steelers but no other stand out Ravens players. Maybe Rice.

Not being a homer but I wouldn't want Ray Lewis on my team. Even if he wasn't a Raven and we picked him up, I have no respect for the guy.

I'd take Ngata and Suggs. Pretty sure we could find a spot for Ed Reed.

hawaiiansteel
09-21-2011, 09:16 PM

no, they definitely don't and vice versa.

I once saw Tonga play Samoa in a rugby tournament here in Hawaii and it had some of the most brutal tackling and hitting I've ever seen. Roger Goodell would have fined and suspended every single one of them.

Steel Life
09-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Tongans...Samoans...doesn't mater, we all know Thin Mints are best. :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
09-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Tongans...Samoans...doesn't mater, we all know Thin Mints are best. :wink:

You are out of your mind.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wHFksq1SE30/TWa_WuhgggI/AAAAAAAABIk/wJ8mbiWynb8/s400/samoa.jpg = PURE AWESOMENESS

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pmUmtimEimU/R8z46WnkoLI/AAAAAAAAAS0/WFG4XMxjZD4/s400/thinmint.jpg = TEH SUCK

BrownSteel
09-23-2011, 07:27 PM
He is a man among boys!!!! Well earned.

Slapstick
09-23-2011, 09:15 PM
I think Ngata always brings it vs. The Steelers...

I've not been overly impressed with him when watching the Ravens against teams not from Pittsburgh...

He's a good player, but I don't think he's as great as some here seem to...

ikestops85
09-23-2011, 10:26 PM

I've not been overly impressed with him when watching the Ravens against teams not from Pittsburgh...

Well I will have to disagree. Ngata and Suh are the 2 defensive linemen that in my book are head and shoulders above all others.

RuthlessBurgher
09-24-2011, 12:24 PM

Well I will have to disagree. Ngata and Suh are the 2 defensive linemen that in my book are head and shoulders above all others.

Did someone say "Head and Shoulders" in here??? :P

http://www.therichest.org/mostexpensive/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Troy-Polamalu-hair.jpg