PDA

View Full Version : Last time we went to Indy

Sonny
09-21-2011, 09:54 AM
http://www.bullz-eye.com/sports/feature ... round2.htm (http://www.bullz-eye.com/sports/features/2005/nfl_playoffs_round2.htm)

If you want a good laugh or two. One guy, a Steelers fan, picked the Steelers.

Even though facing the Colts without Peyton should be a freebie, I wish we had the opportunity to play against him. I just can't believe that in his long and storied career, we've only faced him 3 times. Strange, considering how good both of our teams have been.

I still don't understand how no one gave us a chance. Peyton's playoff failures, the fact that we were at least a 13-3 team if Ben had stayed healthy, some key stats like YPA were in our favor. Besides SB 43, my favorite game ever.

AzStillers1989
09-21-2011, 08:05 PM
http://www.bullz-eye.com/sports/features/2005/nfl_playoffs_round2.htm

If you want a good laugh or two. One guy, a Steelers fan, picked the Steelers.

Even though facing the Colts without Peyton should be a freebie, I wish we had the opportunity to play against him. I just can't believe that in his long and storied career, we've only faced him 3 times. Strange, considering how good both of our teams have been.

I still don't understand how no one gave us a chance. Peyton's playoff failures, the fact that we were at least a 13-3 team if Ben had stayed healthy, some key stats like YPA were in our favor. Besides SB 43, my favorite game ever.

Hard to really state my favorite but it has to be right up there at the top .... :tt2

Sugar
09-21-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't consider this game a freebie at all. They are a proud NFL franchise that is used to winning. Does anyone think anybody in that locker room likes all the talk of how they can't win without Manning?

Besides, it wasn't long ago that the Steelers had problems with teams that were beaten by Cleveland. Guess who beat Indy last week? I'm also not liking the speed on their DL against our OL.

While I would expect that the Steelers should win this game, we should have learned by now that there are no freebie's in this league. Just sayin...

insanesteelersfan
09-21-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't consider this game a freebie at all. They are a proud NFL franchise that is used to winning. Does anyone think anybody in that locker room likes all the talk of how they can't win without Manning?

Besides, it wasn't long ago that the Steelers had problems with teams that were beaten by Cleveland. Guess who beat Indy last week? I'm also not liking the speed on their DL against our OL.

While I would expect that the Steelers should win this game, we should have learned by now that there are no freebie's in this league. Just sayin...

I couldn't agree with you more. Indy is a team of Vet players. They AREN'T playing for some stupid draft pick. And Collins has had ALOT of past success against this very same defense he will be facing. And Ben has been sacked like 17 times the past 3 regular season games against these Colts. Robert Mathis especially has had huge games applying constant pressure on Ben. This is a nationally televised game, in their Home city. TRUST ME, they are gonna come with " Pride " and come Hard!! Maybe we should, and will win this game. But, to be 10 1/2 point road favorites, man, that is stupid to me.

hawaiiansteel
09-22-2011, 02:44 AM
Steelers notes: Colts' defense still tough

Wednesday, September 21, 2011
By Mike Bires mbires@timesonline.com

PITTSBURGH _ The Colts may not have Peyton Manning running their offense. But they still have Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis anchoring their defense.

They’re all-star defensive ends who have few peers when it comes to sacking opposing quarterbacks.

Freeney, a 10th-year pro, is the Colts’ career sack leader with 95.

Mathis, who’s in his ninth season, is No. 2 on the Colts’ all-time sack list with 75.

“Those guys have been to a bunch of Pro Bowls and have disrupted a lot of football games,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said.

Obviously, tackles Jonathan Scott and Marcus Gilbert will be severely tested Sunday night when the Steelers (1-1) play the Colts (0-2) at Lucas Oil Stadium.

“Disruptive ... speed ... spin moves ... they’re built for that (artificial) turf and the crowd noise,” said quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who’s well aware that it will be noisy playing in Indianapolis’ domed stadium. “They can get off the ball. They’re so fast.

They’re like linebackers. It’s going to be such a challenge for our tackles this week. We’ll have to use tight ends and running backs chipping at (Freeney and Mathis).”

“We have a lot of things in our game plan that will combat those individuals,” Scott said.

BIG BEN: NO BRACE

Despite the scare he got this past Sunday when his knee buckled after a hit from a Seattle defensive lineman, Roethlisberger said he will not wear a knee brace in Indianapolis.

“It was very scary,” Roethlisberger said of the initial fears he had immediately after the hit from Raheem Brock.

But Roethlisberger only missed two snaps in the second quarter against the Seahawks. And he was on the practice field Wednesday and declared himself ready to go for Sunday night’s game in Indy.

“Good,” he said when asked how his knee felt. “It’s sore but it’s doing a lot better.”

POUNCEY’S HAMSTRING

The Steelers got some encouraging news on the injury front Wednesday when cornerback Bryant McFadden, guard Chris Kemoeatu and wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery returned to practice after missing the 24-0 win over the Seahawks.

But center Maurkice Pouncey was limited with a sore hamstring. There was no word on the exact extent of Pouncey’s injury.

SWITCHING SIDES

Ziggy Hood doesn’t expect to have any problems switching from left defensive end, where he’s the backup to Aaron Smith, to right defensive, where he’ll temporarily replace injured Brett Keisel.

Hood started 10 regular-season games and three playoff games on the left side last year when Smith tore a triceps muscle. But now that Keisel is out indefinitely with a sprained knee, Hood will switch sides.

“It’s probably harder for an offensive tackle to make a switch from one side to another,” Hood said. “For me, the techniques will be the same. It’s just a matter of hand placement and footwork. Once you get that down, and you’re good to go.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local ... 32e3a.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/steelers-notes-colts-defense-still-tough/article_57b9e67f-17e1-5b34-abfa-4ce1bc332e3a.html)