PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins kickin the tires on....

steelerkeylargo
09-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Willie Parker. Good luck.

hawaiiansteel
09-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Willie Parker. Good luck.

Dolphins must either be really desperate or they're trying to ensure themselves of getting the #1 pick in the draft so they can land Andrew Luck.

insanesteelersfan
09-20-2011, 10:15 PM
It may not work out for them, but I don't see a problem with it. Parker is still faster then 98 % of the other league players. And he hasn't alot of wear & tear on him. What can it hurt ?

Good Luck " Fast Willie " :Clap

sentinel33
09-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Never say die Willie!!!

proudpittsburgher
09-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Really happy for fast willie. Hard work pays off. Here's hoping he leads the Dolphins to the AFC title game in Pittsburgh, but no further. :)

flippy
09-21-2011, 09:57 AM
I'd like to see Willie lead the league in rushing.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2011, 10:03 AM
FWP seems to be following Larry Johnson from team-to-team in a washed-up RB tour.

phillyesq
09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
FWP seems to be following Larry Johnson from team-to-team in a washed-up RB tour.

I was just thinking the same thing.

I wish WP, fast or otherwise, the best of luck.

Shoe
09-21-2011, 02:29 PM
They already have a fast, one-trick pony back (Bush). And as to him being faster than 98% of the people in the league. That may well be true (after all, the league is filled with linemen, QBs, kickers), he is no longer the blur that made him a dangerous weapon. He's not "fast" anymore.

insanesteelersfan
09-21-2011, 02:35 PM
They already have a fast, one-trick pony back (Bush). And as to him being faster than 98% of the people in the league. That may well be true (after all, the league is filled with linemen, QBs, kickers), he is no longer the blur that made him a dangerous weapon. He's not "fast" anymore.

And how exactly do you know if Willie is no longer fast ? And as for Reggie Bush, yes Bush is quick-like fast. But is NOT Willie fast, as in 4.2 forty fast. And Bush is not built like Willie is. Willie is actually a very built RB. Compact with thick legs. As where Reggie is built more like a Super Model :lol: Very thin lower half. But please, show me where you know Willie is not fast anymore.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2011, 02:40 PM

And how exactly do you know if Willie is no longer fast ? And as for Reggie Bush, yes Bush is quick-like fast. But is NOT Willie fast, as in 4.2 forty fast. And Bush is not built like Willie is. Willie is actually a very built RB. Compact with thick legs. As where Reggie is built more like a Super Model :lol: Very thin lower half. But please, show me where you know Willie is not fast anymore.

Reggie's ex didn't have a very thin lower half. :wink:

pittpete
09-21-2011, 02:57 PM
But please, show me where you know Willie is not fast anymore.

According to KFFL.com, it says that Willie Parker has looked a step slower most of the offseason during workouts. They said he gained a little back towards the end.

There was little evidence of much pep in the step of Washington Redskins RB Willie Parker during OTAs, according to Rich Tandler, of CSNWashington.com.
http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread. ... od........ (http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?326223-Willie-Parker-looking-slower-but-Larry-Johnson-looking-good........).

After Fast Willie Parker lost a step (or two or three), he got the ax and now he’s off to join Mike Shanahan’s 2006 all-star fantasy backfield in Washington.
http://manjr.com/2010/videos/interview- ... endenhall/ (http://manjr.com/2010/videos/interview-with-steelers-rb-rashard-mendenhall/)

To a few observers at minicamp it looked like Willie Parker did not have much burst in his game,” Rich Tandler of Comcast Sports Net Washington observed

Without that burst, he could slip straight out of the league.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -redskins/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/02/willie-parker-off-to-slow-start-with-redskins/)

Last year, a lot of football writers seemed to agree with Shoe.
Was that the proof you were looking for?
After Willie broke his leg, anyone with eyes could see he didn't quite have that burst of speed like he used to.

Notleadpoisoned
09-21-2011, 03:04 PM
I guess Willie was a good player for the Steelers but I just always hated his running style. You know, he'd gain 1 yard then lose 3 yards then come back with a 10 yard burst. Very annoying.

papillon
09-21-2011, 03:21 PM
I guess Willie was a good player for the Steelers but I just always hated his running style. You know, he'd gain 1 yard then lose 3 yards then come back with a 10 yard burst. Very annoying.

That's why he was a UDFA and not a 1st round pick. The Steelers got some good mileage out a UDFA running back IMO and he was good Steeler as well.

I hope he gets picked up by the Fins and thrives.

Pappy

insanesteelersfan
09-21-2011, 03:24 PM

You just described the EXACT running style, and results of one Barry Sanders. So basically, Willie Parker = Barry Sanders :Clap I don't know about you but I will take that any day.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-21-2011, 06:41 PM
You just described the EXACT running style, and results of one Barry Sanders. So basically, Willie Parker = Barry Sanders :Clap I don't know about you but I will take that any day.

I love FWP, but--

I've seen Barry Sanders...watched him play in the NFL...Mr. Parker is no Barry Sanders.

Notleadpoisoned
09-21-2011, 07:16 PM

That's definitely a bit of a stretch. :wft

SB 40 was sort of your typical Willie Parker game. 10 carries for 93 yards but when you take away that 75 yard TD run his YPC quickly drops from 9.3 to 2.0. Willie was good for the occasional big play but he was not really the type of RB who could wear down a defense late in the 4th quarter.

AngryAsian
09-21-2011, 07:17 PM

You might want to go on YouTube and look up some of Barry's runs then look up FWP's... there is nothing similar about there running styles. The run progression's yardage yield might be the same, but their respective running styles were vastly different.... I'm more interested in your rebuttal to PittPete's awesome and factually substantiated retorts to your earlier assertions. :roll:

anger 82&95
09-21-2011, 07:45 PM

When Parker left college the majority of NFL talent experts were in complete accord: Willie Parker was a clone of Barry Sanders. This recognition led to the logical conclusion that FWP was completely ignored during the proceeding NFL draft.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-21-2011, 08:02 PM

When Parker left college the majority of NFL talent experts were in complete accord: Willie Parker was a clone of Barry Sanders. This recognition led to the logical conclusion that FWP was completely ignored during the proceeding NFL draft.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pahn711
09-21-2011, 09:22 PM
The sudden fall from grace of Willie Parker always baffled me a bit. If I recall correctly, his last game for Pitt was against Miami, and he had some pretty good runs (12 attempts for 91 yards). That is why I've always wondered if it was more than just the injury, or if something else happened in the offseason.

Regardless, behind that Miami o-line Willie Parker is definitely not the answer.

Djfan
09-21-2011, 09:47 PM
I miss him. Not as a football fan, but as a fan of Steelers lore. He was good for us for what he did. He was a humble, blue collar cheer leader for our Steelers.

I agree that his time here was up, but mostly due to the others who earned his spot over him.

I hope him the best. I also hope to get him out to sign autographs for the Steel City Mafia at an event someday soon.

AngryAsian
09-22-2011, 10:54 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: couldn't stop laughing at this one... great one anger

feltdizz
09-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Take away his long run... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: \