PDA

View Full Version : Ziggy to start?

ROLROC
09-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Keisel has a sprained PCL.

flippy
09-20-2011, 01:27 PM
I'd rather see Heyward start and then just have Ziggy rotate into his standard position on the other side.

Ghost
09-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Is it a big deal to switch sides as a DE or can you go out and line up on either without much let down? Do Hood and Heyward typically have one side they line up on or are the spelling both guys on either side?

May see a bunch of both and maybe even McLendon as Smith needs to come out for a breather as well. Luckily its Collins and the Colts.

insanesteelersfan
09-20-2011, 01:41 PM
I'd rather have Bret in there, and Aaron Smith with the Injury :lol: I mean it's not like we would be missing his play. He's already the Invisable Man on Defense.

phillyesq
09-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Keisel has a sprained PCL.

I saw somewhere that Ziggy would start if Keisel can't go.

If Ziggy starts, I'd imagine that we'll see more reps for both Heyward and McClendon in a reserve role.

steelblood
09-20-2011, 02:13 PM
ziggy will play if Keisel can't. Heyward may rotate in more than usual. McClendon and Hoke can both play DE if necessary.

sentinel33
09-20-2011, 03:16 PM
I certainly don't like Keisel bein' hurt. Missed that one during the game.

But I'll be honest. I am excited to see what Hood, McClendon and Heyward can create.
McClendon sure got my attention this past weekend.

I see why certain members were so adamant that he make the team.

Oviedo
09-20-2011, 03:34 PM
No concerns with Ziggy starting. His career is on the rise and he will only get better with every game he plays.

feltdizz
09-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Who the hell is Brent?

hawaiiansteel
09-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Who the hell is Brent?

insane meant Brett Keisel.

but cut insane some slack, that's the first incorrect thing he has typed since he's joined this board... :D

flippy
09-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Who the hell is Brent?

but cut insane some slack, that's the first incorrect thing he has typed since he's joined this board... :D

actually, his name was supposed to be brent, but they screwed it up on his birth certificate.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Who the hell is Brent?

actually, his name was supposed to be brent, but they screwed it up on his birth certificate.

He knows this, because he's an obstetrician in his spare time when he is not on the interwebz. However, he had to give it up because the American Medical Association frowned on his practice of impressing new mothers by preacher curling their newborns. Besides, all of the babies he was delivering developed eating disorders shortly after birth, because they felt fat when comparing their flabby 8 lbs 5 oz. bodies to the doctor's amazing physique, since he had a smaller waist than they did, in spite of weighing 30 times as much.

flippy
09-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Who the hell is Brent?

He knows this, because he's an obstetrician in his spare time when he is not on the interwebz. However, he had to give it up because the American Medical Association frowned on his practice of impressing new mothers by preacher curling their newborns. Besides, all of the babies he was delivering developed eating disorders shortly after birth, because they felt fat when comparing their flabby 8 lbs 5 oz. bodies to the doctor's amazing physique, since he had a smaller waist than they did, in spite of weighing 30 times as much.

That explains it. I was thinking he might have been Brent's father and was the one that passed along the amazing genes.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Who the hell is Brent?

That explains it. I was thinking he might have been Brent's father and was the one that passed along the amazing genes.

Chuck Norris was Keisel's father. He passed on the gift of beard.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/7/11/128918495411797666.jpg http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/693/219/108748045_display_image.jpg?1296776472

hawaiiansteel
09-21-2011, 04:03 PM
End justifies means with Hood

Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2011
By Mike Bires mibres@timesonline.com

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/timesonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/d/19/d19ad800-6aef-5c43-ab7c-b888454f2eac/4e792f208535d.preview-300.jpg

Hood: Ornament no longer?

The Steelers are preparing to start Ziggy Hood at right defensive end.

Hood, a first-round draft pick in 2009, started 13 games last year (including three in the playoffs) at left end after Aaron Smith suffered a season-ending triceps tear. But when the Steelers (1-1) play the Colts (0-2) in Indianapolis on Sunday night, Hood will switch sides.

He's expected to replace Brett Keisel, who suffered a sprained knee ligament in a Week 2 win over Seattle.

"We will see where the week takes us, but he's probably questionable at best," coach Mike Tomlin said of Keisel.

In other injury news, cornerback Bryant McFadden (hamstring), guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee) and wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) may try to practice at some point this week after sitting out last Sunday's 24-0 win over the Seahawks. If and how well they practice will be determining factors if they play against the Colts.

HIGH PRAISE I

After reviewing video of the Seattle game, Tomlin came away feeling good about the play of Marcus Gilbert and Ramon Foster.

Gilbert, a rookie second-round draft pick, started at right tackle in place of Willie Colon, who's on injured reserve with a torn triceps. Foster started at left guard in place of Kemoeatu.

"Ramon did some nice things," Tomlin said. "I like his effort, his finish, and his play demeanor. It is what we desire. Marcus did some nice things as well. No question when you talk about Ramon Foster or Marcus Gilbert, their performances were above the line.

HIGH PRAISE II

Despite missing most of the preseason with a broken left thumb, cornerback Ike Taylor has been the Steelers' best defensive player through two games. He's only allowed one pass completion when opposing quarterbacks have thrown the ball in his direction.

One of the reasons Taylor is playing so well is that he missed only a handful of practices while his broken thumb healed.

"Ike's playing at a high level," Tomlin said. "He's doing a nice job of playing through personal adversity that he is going through in terms of his injury. He hadn't missed a lot of time. He has found ways to continue to work and improve in spite of it.

"Really, he is a blue print for young guys in terms of what it is about to be a veteran player and to prepare and to deal with things that occur in professional football and not allow them to become excuses. He is prepared. He has performed to this point and we are pleased with what he is doing."

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steel ... 7b845.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/news-notes-end-justifies-means-with-hood/article_c651c73f-e7eb-5434-98c8-69240227b845.html)

fezziwig
09-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Who the hell is Brent?

:Clap