PDA

View Full Version : OT - I'm calling out this board

Djfan
09-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Look, I know that our fan base is still smarting from that Baltimore spank job, and mad at the goodell mafia, etc., but this board is changing.

It seems to be more like a bunch of drunks arguing in a low-end bar lately, than it used to be. I have been on this board since almost the beginning (well, when it took off after the Trib death, anyway) and have loved the family feeling you get here. It is changed of late.

So, if you post here, please remember to be in the family, and not like too many other boards where the stupid flies non-stop. It's going that way, IMO.

We all love our Steelers. That's why we're here. Let's keep the love going and the middle school stupid to a minimum.

That's my take.

RuthlessBurgher
09-19-2011, 10:40 PM
I'd like to add that DJfan is a doodiehead. That is all. :P

fordfixer
09-19-2011, 10:46 PM
I'd like to add that DJfan is a doodiehead. That is all. :P

Ruthless said doodiehead :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SidSmythe
09-19-2011, 10:46 PM
:moon

Eddie Spaghetti
09-19-2011, 11:02 PM
i blame ovi.

hawaiiansteel
09-19-2011, 11:13 PM
i blame ovi.
i blame everybody but myself... :Boobs

fordfixer
09-19-2011, 11:20 PM
i blame ovi.
What did I do :?:

hawaiiansteel
09-19-2011, 11:28 PM
i blame ovi.

you tattled on Ruthless saying "doodiehead"...

but I'll give you a pass since you're such a cool guy and rephrase my statement:

"i blame everybody but myself and fordfixer" :Cheers

Djfan
09-20-2011, 12:16 AM
i blame ovi.

but I'll give you a pass since you're such a cool guy and rephrase my statement:

Brown noser!

fordfixer
09-20-2011, 12:37 AM
i blame ovi.

I blame Hawaiin for being wishy washy and not being able to make a stand :lol: :lol:

hawaiiansteel
09-20-2011, 12:49 AM
i blame ovi.

I blame Hawaiin for being wishy washy and not being able to make a stand :lol: :lol:

does this mean you're blaming Saint LeBeau and his 10 yard cushions, Bruce Arians for not using a true FB and Ben for holding onto the ball too long for why we lost to the Ravens? :stirpot

fordfixer
09-20-2011, 01:00 AM
[quote][/qdoes this mean you're blaming Saint LeBeau and his 10 yard cushions, Bruce Arians for not using a true FB and Ben for holding onto the ball too long for why we lost to the Ravens? [quote]

I never blame the team for a loss I blame us fans we must of not rooted hard enough or we wore the wrong jersey or some thing like that

hawaiiansteel
09-20-2011, 01:12 AM
I never blame the team for a loss I blame us fans we must of not rooted hard enough or we wore the wrong jersey or some thing like that

I blame certain posters on this board whenever we lose (you know who you are), they obviously didn't post the correct advice for the Steelers to follow that game.

Chadman
09-20-2011, 01:17 AM
I blame myself for the Baltimore loss because I clearly was looking beyond week 1 & was contmplating a 15-1 record for this year.

My bad- apologies.

Captain Lemming
09-20-2011, 01:38 AM
I blame teams that now fear to disrespect the towel on TV.

flippy
09-20-2011, 07:26 AM
I blame wearing my Troy P jersey in week 1.

I'm calling out Troy for the board malaise.

Djfan
09-20-2011, 09:40 AM
the board malaise.

Is that a Samoan thing?

proudpittsburgher
09-20-2011, 10:28 AM
I haven't been as active as I have been in years past, but in my lurking I have found that the inability to agree to disagree, something this board was known for, is quickly disolving.

Djfan
09-20-2011, 10:31 AM
I haven't been as active as I have been in years past, but in my lurking I have found that the inability to agree to disagree, something this board was known for, is quickly disolving.

Thanks.

Dispite my very clever contributions to the joking going on in this thread, the reality of what I said remains. It bugs. I don't want this board to become like some of the others.

steelblood
09-20-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm calling out people who call out people.

(Ah crap. I've called out myself again.)

Djfan
09-20-2011, 10:53 AM

Did you answer?

steelblood
09-20-2011, 11:02 AM

Did you answer?

It is a convoluted joke. But, I called people out for calling people out. So, since I was a person calling other persons out and that is exactly what I objected to, I was indicting myself.

But, seriously, I agree that there has been a little more antagonism and childish behavior. But, generally, that has come from a small minority. The vast majority here are respectful posters.

Jigawatts
09-20-2011, 11:28 AM
I blame wearing my Troy P jersey in week 1.

I'm calling out Troy for the board malaise.

Same here. #43 is on PUP list

BradshawsHairdresser
09-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Could we all join in a round of "KumBaYah"?

flippy
09-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Could we all join in a round of "KumBaYah"?

I'm calling out people that would dare to suggest a round of kumbayah.

Dee Dub
09-20-2011, 01:03 PM

Thanks.

Dispite my very clever contributions to the joking going on in this thread, the reality of what I said remains. It bugs. I don't want this board to become like some of the others.

Im with proudpittsburgher here on this one.

So basically Djfan...you dont want the differing opinions or the right to question anything that the Steelers do? You want us all to be in one accord and keep this forum nice and positive when it comes to the Steelers?? We can't speak our minds but only when it comes to praising our beloved Steelers?

Wow...is that really what you want?

Doesnt seem like a very good discussion forum if you ask me.

But what do I know?? I have a different opinion sometimes.

flippy
09-20-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm calling out people who have different opinions when they are wrong. If your different opinions are right, that's cool. But if they aren't that's the kind of person I wanna call out.

Problem for me though is I'm not smart enough to know who's right or wrong. So my calling out of anyone really has no authority whatsoever.

Djfan
09-20-2011, 01:34 PM

Thanks.

So basically Djfan...you dont want the differing opinions or the right to question anything that the Steelers do? You want us all to be in one accord and keep this forum nice and positive when it comes to the Steelers?? We can't speak our minds but only when it comes to praising our beloved Steelers?

Not even close. I'm calling out the name calling, the belittleing, the stupid. Disagree all you want. I've learned much from others, and I bet that is true for others here. I just hope it gets handled in a non-middle school manner more often than I have seen lately.

pittpete
09-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Not even close. I'm calling out the name calling, the belittleing, the stupid

There is basically one person doing this on almost everyone of his posts.
If you disagree with insanesteelers fan, you are belittled called clueless,an idiot or something else.
I know people like this should be ignored, but I think the mods should really warn this guy.
Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions & we know everyone has one.....

Oviedo
09-20-2011, 01:55 PM
i blame ovi.

Thank you....and Foster still isn't as good as Urbik :wink:

Oviedo
09-20-2011, 01:58 PM

Please re-engage and contribute to better discussion. You always did in the past.

phillyesq
09-20-2011, 02:28 PM

Thanks.

I think this is a call for respectful disagreement. If there was no disagreement, then there would be little point to a discussion board.

Difference of opinion, when well supported, makes for a living discussion. And Dee Dub, we don't always agree, but I always respect the perspective that you bring

And I don't mean to speak for DJ, but at least for me, it is disappointing when disagreements turn personal, or when posting goes from discussing a topic to agenda based posting. And I acknowledge that I probably contribute to some of this from time to time.

Djfan
09-20-2011, 02:29 PM
And I don't mean to speak for DJ, but at least for me, it is disappointing when disagreements turn personal, or when posting goes from discussing a topic to agenda based posting.

You spoke for me quite well!

RuthlessBurgher
09-20-2011, 03:46 PM

If you disagree with insanesteelers fan, you are belittled called clueless,an idiot or something else.
I know people like this should be ignored, but I think the mods should really warn this guy.

I formally warned him last week. Pappy warned him again today. That's two strikes. If he doesn't get it now, he'll be gone sooner rather than later. It's up to him if he wishes to join in with the community here, or if he would prefer to go to one of the numerous other Steeler forums where that style of posting is more welcomed (and there are several of those to choose from).

Dee Dub
09-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Ok then I misunderstood. My apologies Djfan. Thanks for getting me straight phillyesq.

And I do agree about the personal attacks needing to go away.

:Clap

anger 82&95
09-20-2011, 04:50 PM

Thanks.

Not even close. I'm calling out the name calling, the belittleing, the stupid. Disagree all you want. I've learned much from others, and I bet that is true for others here. I just hope it gets handled in a non-middle school manner more often than I have seen lately.
Agreed… the name calling is a bit amateurish. And, I also want to call out Hawaiiansteel for having the audacity to reside in Hawaii. The thought of him surfing and catching blue marlin all day while leering at scantily clad beach women is a bit much!!

Djfan
09-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Ok then I misunderstood. My apologies Djfan. Thanks for getting me straight phillyesq.

And I do agree about the personal attacks needing to go away.

:Clap

No problems on this end. But thanks for the thoughts.

hawaiiansteel
09-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Agreed… the name calling is a bit amateurish. And, I also want to call out Hawaiiansteel for having the audacity to reside in Hawaii. The thought of him surfing and catching blue marlin all day while leering at scantily clad beach women is a bit much!!

you forgot golfing...I'm obviously not as good as insane but I'm not too bad :D

http://www.hawaii5-0travel.com/thingstodo/maunalanigolf.jpg

DukieBoy
09-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the call-out and willingness to stand on principle DJ. I respect that.

Djfan
09-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the call-out and willingness to stand on principle DJ. I respect that.

Thank you Sir.

flippy
09-20-2011, 06:35 PM

you forgot golfing...I'm obviously not as good as insane but I'm not too bad :D

http://www.hawaii5-0travel.com/thingstodo/maunalanigolf.jpg

obviously is an understatement.

insane hits longer than tiger and always shoots hole in ones even on par 5s.

you know, we could probably make a chuck norris style thread about some posters on this board and their legend.

AngryAsian
09-20-2011, 07:13 PM

I formally warned him last week. Pappy warned him again today. That's two strikes. If he doesn't get it now, he'll be gone sooner rather than later. It's up to him if he wishes to join in with the community here, or if he would prefer to go to one of the numerous other Steeler forums where that style of posting is more welcomed (and there are several of those to choose from).

The only thing I have to add is that the MODS follow a protocol for warnings, bannings, etc... but it seems like there's a collective perception that because the MODS do not warn publicly on the threads that they are apathetic about the troublesome behavior. It has occurred in the past that the MODS have been called out on threads when things have turned sour. Please follow the proper procedure and PM one of us with your concerns and we'll be more than happy to adress the issue as fast as possible. We want to continue a level of order on the board while striving to maintain the adult conversations and debates that feature our valued members... but we can't go knee-jerk with every post that isn't savory to the collective's ears... that's censorship, click-promoting, and just generally unhealthy to a cybercommunity created for the sole purpose of eliciting an array of varying opinions.

Djfan
09-20-2011, 10:14 PM
The only thing I have to add is that the MODS follow a protocol for warnings, bannings, etc... but it seems like there's a collective perception that because the MODS do not warn publicly on the threads that they are apathetic about the troublesome behavior. It has occurred in the past that the MODS have been called out on threads when things have turned sour. Please follow the proper procedure and PM one of us with your concerns and we'll be more than happy to adress the issue as fast as possible. We want to continue a level of order on the board while striving to maintain the adult conversations and debates that feature our valued members... but we can't go knee-jerk with every post that isn't savory to the collective's ears... that's censorship, click-promoting, and just generally unhealthy to a cybercommunity created for the sole purpose of eliciting an array of varying opinions.

AA,

I hope you don't see my efforts as anything close to thinking the mods aren't doing a great job in this and tons of other areas. I never have mentioned any poster, nor will I. I appealed to the better nature of this community's member's only.

I'm not a mod but I love this board. It is head and shoulders better than any option I have seen (well that one with Steelers and cigars was VERY cool!), and I hope to maintain this ethic here.

If you or any other mod perceived my post as anything close to going around you guys, undercutting, pressuring, etc., than please accept my honest effort to clear that up.

It shouldn't be on just the mods to maintain a high level community. That is up to the members of the community by their actions and choices. Sometimes example is the best and other times direct comment is best.

AngryAsian
09-20-2011, 10:32 PM

AA,

I hope you don't see my efforts as anything close to thinking the mods aren't doing a great job in this and tons of other areas. I never have mentioned any poster, nor will I. I appealed to the better nature of this community's member's only.

I'm not a mod but I love this board. It is head and shoulders better than any option I have seen (well that one with Steelers and cigars was VERY cool!), and I hope to maintain this ethic here.

If you or any other mod perceived my post as anything close to going around you guys, undercutting, pressuring, etc., than please accept my honest effort to clear that up.

It shouldn't be on just the mods to maintain a high level community. That is up to the members of the community by their actions and choices. Sometimes example is the best and other times direct comment is best.

Your post was perceived in the very light you intended it to, brother. No worries from this end, in fact you and the many others that have helped grow our little collective have always been real good about letting the undesirables know that though we love debate and varying opinions, we don't want or need trouble makers, internet tough guys and general malcontents. You are one of the valued brethren.... Ruthless and that Chadman character, that's another story....

hawaiiansteel
09-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Ruthless and that Chadman character, that's another story....

how can we get the process started to get them banned? :D

fezziwig
09-20-2011, 10:43 PM
I actually think this site and Steeler Nation site is the best. This site navigates better than any by the way. I haven't noticed anything too off the wall here and thought everyone was pretty decent to each other.

There's another site I go to and the one mod is the biggest diick head that you could imagine. The guy just isn't wrapped too tight and I've mentioned it to him before. Oh yeah, he loves me for it too. :roll:

Chadman
09-20-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm calling out Angry Asian for being continually disagreeable & never actually admitting to being Hines Ward- when we all know he actually is.

And I'm calling out Chadman for not talking in 3rd Person for the last few months. (If I call myself out for talking in 3rd person, but refer to myself as Chadman & not 'me'- what 'person' am I talking in?)

I'm calling out DJFan for being a fan of DJ's- I mean, who REALLY likes those guys anyway??

I'm calling out Ruthless for not living up to his name- he's far too forgiving.

I'm calling out Fordfixer....just because I thought of him right then.

I'm calling out Pappy for being old- who likes old people anyway? (I have no proof that Pappy is old- I just assume his is..)

I'm calling out Hawiiansteel for not being Kimo Von Oelhoffen. How cool would it be if he was Kimo? but he's not, and that's simply unacceptable.

I'm calling out Lonbull because I think I should. And because he doesn't give me horse racing tips...even though I haven't asked for them.

I'm calling out Dee Dub because people refer to him as DD, and that makes me think of boobs. :Boobs

I'm calling out everyone i've missed- because I missed you...this time. don't let it happen again.

Djfan
09-20-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm calling out Angry Asian for being continually disagreeable & never actually admitting to being Hines Ward- when we all know he actually is.

And I'm calling out Chadman for not talking in 3rd Person for the last few months. (If I call myself out for talking in 3rd person, but refer to myself as Chadman & not 'me'- what 'person' am I talking in?)

I'm calling out DJFan for being a fan of DJ's- I mean, who REALLY likes those guys anyway??

I'm calling out Pappy for being old- who likes old people anyway? (I have no proof that Pappy is old- I just assume his is..)

I'm calling out Hawiiansteel for not being Kimo Von Oelhoffen. How cool would it be if he was Kimo? but he's not, and that's simply unacceptable.

I'm calling out Lonbull because I think I should. And because he doesn't give me horse racing tips...even though I haven't asked for them.

I'm calling out Dee Dub because people refer to him as DD, and that makes me think of boobs. :Boobs

I'm calling out everyone i've missed- because I missed you...this time. don't let it happen again.

That's a lot of calling out. And none of it in the third person either. The NFL has changed too many things. I hate goodell for chadman's conversion to the first person.

I'm calling goodell out! If he were on fire.......

fordfixer
09-21-2011, 12:42 AM

Wow you must of had a lot of time on your calling card :lol:

fordfixer
09-21-2011, 12:44 AM
Ruthless and that Chadman character, that's another story....

how can we get the process started to get them banned? :D
As AA said some things are not done publicly :lol: :lol:

hawaiiansteel
09-21-2011, 01:04 AM
I'm calling out Hawaiiansteel for not being Kimo Von Oelhoffen. How cool would it be if he was Kimo? but he's not, and that's simply unacceptable.

yeah, but how do you know I'm not Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/774/481/1749673_display_image.jpg?1299549634http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/499/256/a_fuamatu_hi_display_image.jpg?1289507509

flippy
09-21-2011, 06:05 AM
I'm calling out Hawaiiansteel for not being Kimo Von Oelhoffen. How cool would it be if he was Kimo? but he's not, and that's simply unacceptable.

yeah, but how do you know I'm not Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/774/481/1749673_display_image.jpg?1299549634http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/499/256/a_fuamatu_hi_display_image.jpg?1289507509

I thought you were Chris Kemoeatu...

flippy
09-21-2011, 06:07 AM
I

Do we know you?

DukieBoy
09-21-2011, 06:13 AM
I

Do we know you?

He may be Ben Graham, punter for Steelers West, since he blew the 3rd-person cover.

Or, is it Shayne Graham? Or Matt McBrier?

Who is he?

papillon
09-21-2011, 06:16 AM
I

Do we know you?

:Bow :Bow

I'd put the ROTFLMAO smiley in here, but I'm too old to get up off the floor. :P

Pappy

ramblinjim
09-21-2011, 07:10 AM
Let me continue with the love-fest for the Planet. I often lurk at Steeler Fury because there seems to be more posters there and it's good reading for my commute to and from work but sometimes that site gets a little overboard as well.

And I'm calling out everyone! Yeah. :Beer Everyone to buy me a beer that is.... :Cheers

Chadman
09-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Maybe I'm Sav Rocca?

Djfan
09-21-2011, 09:38 AM
So, what is (was?) that other Steelers site with the cigars? I can't remember it. A guy here used to be the guy there.

hawaiiansteel
09-21-2011, 03:14 PM
I thought you were Chris Kemoeatu...

so you're saying I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree? :D

DukieBoy
09-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Let me continue with the love-fest for the Planet. I often lurk at Steeler Fury because there seems to be more posters there and it's good reading for my commute to and from work but sometimes that site gets a little overboard as well.

And I'm calling out everyone! Yeah. :Beer Everyone to buy me a beer that is.... :Cheers

How many Steeler boards are there out there? I check to two others from time to time, but they are nowhere near the quality of our board here. Since Planet Steelers is the best, what are the better of the rest?

AzStillers1989
09-21-2011, 07:58 PM

:Beer cheers to that :Cheers

My tiny opinion.... planetsteelers.com is the best steelers related forum period... < more periods

BTW... I really enjoyed reading this thread, I feel like I know all of you so well now hahah....

Djfan
09-21-2011, 09:11 PM
BTW... I really enjoyed reading this thread, I feel like I know all of you so well now hahah....

That has it's good side and it's bad side.

RuthlessBurgher
09-22-2011, 09:19 AM

Here's my good side. :moon

:lol:

Chadman
09-22-2011, 09:44 AM

Dude- stop showing us your face like that...

Djfan
09-22-2011, 09:48 AM

Dude- stop showing us your face like that...

It's all good. Either end is punishment.

fezziwig
09-22-2011, 12:11 PM
So, what is (was?) that other Steelers site with the cigars? I can't remember it. A guy here used to be the guy there.

?