PDA

View Full Version : I Like Doug Legursky As Much As Anybody...

Slapstick
09-19-2011, 10:10 PM
...but isn't it time to put Ramon Foster back in the lineup?

Legursky did a fine job at Center in the SB...he did well in spot starting last year...

But, he's becoming a liability if he isn't one already...

I don't know what Ramon Foster did to lose his starting spot, but I would hope that he made up for it on Sunday...

No one will ever mistake him for Alan Faneca, but he moved well at LG when he was in for Kemo and doesn't get pushed around easily...

I had no problem moving Legursky into the starting lineup, but he's been abused two weeks running...

SidSmythe
09-19-2011, 10:17 PM
:Agree

Eddie Spaghetti
09-19-2011, 11:00 PM
experiment over.

give the job back to ramon.

hawaiiansteel
09-19-2011, 11:19 PM

yes, it is.

Foster can stay at LG until Kemo is healthy again and then let Ramon move back to RG while Legursky dresses on game days as the backup C and OG.

Steelhere10
09-20-2011, 12:17 AM
The Big Leg sucks the big gursky. Please enough with the experiment.

hawaiiansteel
09-20-2011, 02:02 AM
The Aftermath: Steelers 24, Seahawks 0

POSTED BY: ANTHONY ON SEP 18 2011

The Bad:

"The offensive line still has a long way to go. Jonathan Scott and Doug Legursky simply are not NFL quality starters. Obviously this team has proved in the past that a good line is not needed to reach the ultimate goal, but these guys can play better than they have been. We’re probably stuck with Scott at LT, but IMO, Foster should start over Legursky at RG once Kemo comes back."

http://www.thisisgettingold.net/

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-20-2011, 02:36 AM
I'm not sure if it is time to put Foster back at RG.........but it is definitely time to get Legursky out. He is not good. Period!

phillyesq
09-20-2011, 07:35 AM

yes, it is.

Foster can stay at LG until Kemo is healthy again and then let Ramon move back to RG while Legursky dresses on game days as the backup C and OG.

:Agree

Foster is nothing special, but at least he has some size and bulk. Sunday might have been the best game he's ever played -- perhaps being passed over in the right guard competition lit a fire under him.

Legursky is a nice backup C and OG on game day, and he's fine as a spot starter, but he simply isn't a starting caliber guard.

Another added benefit of starting Foster is that you keep the line together on the goalline. With Legursky moving to goalline fullback, Essex was moving into his guard spot. I'd prefer to keep the line together and bring Legursky off the bench.

sentinel33
09-20-2011, 12:25 PM
The Steelers should have never taken him out of the line up to begin with.

That guy earned his RG spot last year and I never understood the reason(if any) for the change.

Against Baltimore, the Ngata domination would've been less. The Mendenhall fumble probably never would have happened.

just what I think.

I'm a fan of Foster. No, he's not elite, but he can do the job and he won't cost us $ like Kemo. Waisted money there.

Next year move Gilbert over to LT(hopefully), cut Kemo and bring in a better LG and Colon returns to RT and I think we have something.

Steel Life
09-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Make the change with Kemo to RG now & let Foster learn...then hope Kelechi Osemele (Iowa St.) is there for us in the draft. As for Legursky, he'll get PT as the goal-line FB & probably in jumbo packages.

Slapstick
09-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Against Baltimore, the Ngata domination would've been less. The Mendenhall fumble probably never would have happened.

Pouncey would probably have screwed up the snap count regardless of who was in there...

Dee Dub
09-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Make the change with Kemo to RG now & let Foster learn...then hope Kelechi Osemele (Iowa St.) is there for us in the draft. As for Legursky, he'll get PT as the goal-line FB & probably in jumbo packages.

Ya know I was thinking about this today. Since the Steelers probably wont be in line to get a top tackle I think they could get the top guard this year. Personally I dont think it is Osemele. I am leaning more towards Georgia's Cordy Glenn.

If you could get Glenn to go along with Pouncey with the emergence of Marcus Gilbert this team could be on the verge of something pretty desent upfront.

Also this team need to invest in a legitmate, bonafide, blocking fullback.

By the way Osemele keeps getting ankle sprains. A lot of weight on those cankles.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Also this team need to invest in a legitmate, bonafide, blocking fullback.

I agree with this, but as long as Bruce Arians is OC, it probably won't happen (based upon statements he has made).

proudpittsburgher
09-21-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm a big fan of Legursky . . . as a backup. He is invaluable to have on this team in the role that he was in last year, which is as an above-average patch job pretty much anywhere on the o-line, and even sometimes in the backfield. With him as starter, we lose that, and he's no longer above-average. He's more like average. So, in a way, it weakens us in two places.

hawaiiansteel
09-23-2011, 02:07 AM
What's going on

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2011
posted by Dale Lolley

Don't be surprised if Ramon Foster wins back the starting right guard spot from Doug Legursky.

After watching the game against Seattle a second time, I saw that Foster was very effective in the run game.

The Steelers have to get their running game going this week against Indianapolis. IF they can do that, it will slow down speedy defensive ends Rasheen Mathis and Dwight Freeney and help out offensive tackles Jonathan Scott and Marcus Gilbert.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

Pahn711
09-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Based on what we've seen from Scott, Legursky, Essex and Foster. I'd say they are all around the same mediocre level of play, the only difference is their strengths in the passing/running game. The Steelers chose to covet defensive players and give all the big money to them, so we gotta accept that whoever is in there on the o-line, they are gonna be second rate players.

Based on that thought process, I don't care or think it matters who starts, and certainly don't think it is worth debating.