PDA

View Full Version : We can go 14-2

steelerkeylargo
09-19-2011, 10:25 AM
That is alll fine and dandy. But we won't beat the Patriots in the playoffs. Not with our OL and DB's.

What I cant understand is Tomlin was a DB coach, LeBeau was a DB and Lake was one of the best DB's of his era. Why the F can't we draft and develop some DB's.

This team will take advantage of a weak schedule and cruise into the playoffs but if we don't sure up the OL and replace Gay and or McFadden with Lewis and Brown by December you can forget SB #7.

Steelers>NFL
09-19-2011, 10:38 AM
That is alll fine and dandy. But we won't beat the Patriots in the playoffs. Not with our OL and DB's.

What I cant understand is Tomlin was a DB coach, LeBeau was a DB and Lake was one of the best DB's of his era. Why the F can't we draft and develop some DB's.

This team will take advantage of a weak schedule and cruise into the playoffs but if we don't sure up the OL and replace Gay and or McFadden with Lewis and Brown by December you can forget SB #7.

The Steelers will NOT go 14-2. Not as long as BA is callnig the plays.

steelblood
09-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Those two areas need improvement for us to win a SB.

insanesteelersfan
09-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Anything is possible. But, with our age, our late in the season schedule scares me a little. Not the opponents per se, but when we play them. We have the Bengals late in the season, then comeback and play the tough Browns 4 days later. Then we have to go 3,000 miles to play a Monday night game at SF, then comeback in 5 days for a Saturday game against the Rams. These short weeks to get ready for our older team with a weak O-Line scares me a little. I think we will lose a game late in the season somewhere. Not discounting ANY team, like say next weeks Colts, or the Titans, but our TWO biggest statement games will be the back & back home games against the Patriots and the rematch against Baltimore. If we are 5-2 going into those games, and we can win both to go 7-2, then I can maybe see us finishing 13-3. But, if we some how lose again against the Pats. And Baltimore sweeps us, then I can see us fluttering to a 9-7 record.

steelerkeylargo
09-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Anything is possible. But, with our age, our late in the season schedule scares me a little. Not the opponents per se, but when we play them. We have the Bengals late in the season, then comeback and play the tough Browns 4 days later. Then we have to go 3,000 miles to play a Monday night game at SF, then comeback in 5 days for a Saturday game against the Rams. These short weeks to get ready for our older team with a weak O-Line scares me a little. I think we will lose a game late in the season somewhere. Not discounting ANY team, like say next weeks Colts, or the Titans, but our TWO biggest statement games will be the back & back home games against the Patriots and the rematch against Baltimore. If we are 5-2 going into those games, and we can win both to go 7-2, then I can maybe see us finishing 13-3. But, if we some how lose again against the Pats. And Baltimore sweeps us, then I can see us fluttering to a 9-7 record.

You are missing the point. Who cares about the record. We can't win in the playoffs unless those 2 area's improve drastically.

papillon
09-19-2011, 11:44 AM

How do we know we can't develop them? They keep trotting BMac and Gay out there as if the HOF is just waiting on them to retire and stay retired for 5 years. When was the last time a rookie DB or even 1st year DB got a real chance to play more than a game or two? From what I can see the Steelers have some athletes at DB, they need to see action to learn the position.

Pappy

aggiebones
09-19-2011, 01:02 PM
They always wondered why Billeck could never get a QB in Baltimore either. They likely think they can make one cheaper. Seriously. With Ike it kinda worked. Maybe Lewis comes out of this well. I thought the 2 draftees last year were a waste. But we'll see.

We could go 14-2 or if Ben gets killed behind the line that came out yesterday, 2-14

EVERY team has a kryptonite team for the playoffs. Sometimes, you need luck of the draw to get through. Several teams can and will handle NE late in the year. Maybe the Steelers aren't one of them.
For instance, the Jets knock out NE, but then we stomp out the Jets. They are built to stop NE, but can't handle us physically.

fezziwig
09-19-2011, 01:09 PM
If this was the first game of the season I would say we might have a chance at 14-2 but, knowing the Steelers can fold like they did last week gives me reason to believe, we haven't arrived just yet.

Not to say it was only the Seahawks but, it was only the Seahawks and not a very good measuring stick.
The Seahawks do have a good defense in my opinion and despite it being the Seahawks it is impressive to shut out a team.

Our big test will come against those texan boys.

Sonny
09-19-2011, 01:49 PM
What I don't get, is how are the Ravens so successful against the Patriots, but we are bordering pathetic against them? Aren't we "mirror images"? I'm not buying the "we can't beat them" thing.

On topic, we can always avoid them in the playoffs. Let's face it, we caught some breaks in avoiding certain teams in 05 and 08. If the Bears, the one team that gives Rodgers fits, could have handled their business at home against Green Bay last year, we have 7 rings right now.

steelerkeylargo
09-19-2011, 01:51 PM
What I don't get, is how are the Ravens so successful against the Patriots, but we are bordering pathetic against them? Aren't we "mirror images"? I'm not buying the "we can't beat them" thing.

On topic, we can always avoid them in the playoffs. Let's face it, we caught some breaks in avoiding certain teams in 05 and 08. If the Bears, the one team that gives Rodgers fits, could have handled their business at home against Green Bay last year, we have 7 rings right now.

If Matt Dodge kicks the ball out of bounds we have 7 rings.

Sonny
09-19-2011, 01:53 PM

If Matt Dodge kicks the ball out of bounds we have 7 rings. Who?

Slapstick
09-19-2011, 03:00 PM

Matt Dodge was the punter for the Giants. The Giants were on the cusp of getting into the playoffs when he punted the ball to DeSean Jackson late in a game instead of punting it out of bounds...

Jackson returned it for a TD putting Philly in the playoffs and forcing the Giants into a situation where they had to beat GB to get in...

Guess what happened?

Oviedo
09-19-2011, 03:36 PM

You are missing the point. Who cares about the record. We can't win in the playoffs unless those 2 area's improve drastically.

We have one chance to take out Brady before the play offs. An injury to him is our only hope to beat that team. Belicheck owns LeBeau and his defense. The Patriots offense was designed to beat teams like us and the Ravens.

The addition of the two TEs they added last year creates huge match up problems for our secondary which Belicheck know will cause LeBeau to quit blitzing and drop our LBs to help cover which leads to no pass rush which leads to Brady picking us apart as easy as he picks his nose.

insanesteelersfan
09-19-2011, 04:30 PM

Matt Dodge was the punter for the Giants. The Giants were on the cusp of getting into the playoffs when he punted the ball to DeSean Jackson late in a game instead of punting it out of bounds...

Jackson returned it for a TD putting Philly in the playoffs and forcing the Giants into a situation where they had to beat GB to get in...

Guess what happened?

If's & But's!! Yeah, and IF Philadelphia had ANYONE else kicking for them last year, Green Bay wouldn't have gotten out of the 1st round!! How does that guarantee the steelers a 7th SB ?

Pahn711
09-19-2011, 06:19 PM
EVERY team has a kryptonite team for the playoffs. Sometimes, you need luck of the draw to get through. Several teams can and will handle NE late in the year. Maybe the Steelers aren't one of them.
For instance, the Jets knock out NE, but then we stomp out the Jets. They are built to stop NE, but can't handle us physically.

We have had a lot of luck in our past few superbowl years of someone else taking out the Patriots for us, its definitely not something to worry about now. There was also the year the Titans whooped us in the regular season but the Ravens took care of them in the playoffs.

Even if the Steelers did make it to the Superbowl again, its the Packers that scare me the most. They can't cover all those receivers.

fezziwig
09-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Same old story. We can't get pressure on Brady and he picks us apart. I've never seen a defense get so far away from a QB as our Steelers do with Brady.

Slapstick
09-19-2011, 10:23 PM

Guess what happened?

If's & But's!! Yeah, and IF Philadelphia had ANYONE else kicking for them last year, Green Bay wouldn't have gotten out of the 1st round!! How does that guarantee the steelers a 7th SB ?

I never said it did...

I merely responded to the "Who is Matt Dodge?" question...

tiproast
09-22-2011, 12:21 AM
We have one chance to take out Brady before the play offs. An injury to him is our only hope to beat that team.
Channeling your inner Tonya Harding, I see.

fezziwig
09-22-2011, 12:12 PM
We have one chance to take out Brady before the play offs. An injury to him is our only hope to beat that team.

As much as I don't care for cheaters, I don't care for putting a bullseye on a player in hopes to cause injury.

insanesteelersfan
09-22-2011, 12:43 PM

Not to make fun of you but, your statement of Channeling your Tonya Harding is inaccurate. Tonya had NOTHING to do with the attack on Nancy. This has been proven. If you knew anything about being an athlete, you would know Tonya was a pure competitor. She wanted to beat Nancy on the Ice. That whole incident was the doing of her husband and that idiot so-called Bodyguard. Tonya knew nothing of it til AFTER it was done. So please, try to get your facts straight. You freaking :loser

ikestops85
09-22-2011, 01:30 PM
We have one chance to take out Brady before the play offs. An injury to him is our only hope to beat that team. Belicheck owns LeBeau and his defense. The Patriots offense was designed to beat teams like us and the Ravens.

The addition of the two TEs they added last year creates huge match up problems for our secondary which Belicheck know will cause LeBeau to quit blitzing and drop our LBs to help cover which leads to no pass rush which leads to Brady picking us apart as easy as he picks his nose.

Have you noticed it's not just us, and Gay, that has problems with their tight ends? They have ripped apart both their opponents so far this year. I think we give Gay a little too much crap about his poor game against them last year and not enough credit to the talent those guys have.

Shawn
09-22-2011, 04:23 PM
I 100% agree with you SKL. I see this team and schedule as set up for a terrific season and a disappointing postseason. Until the Steelers address the OL and the secondary in a real way we will struggle with the Pats and Packers of the league.

insanesteelersfan
09-22-2011, 04:37 PM
I 100% agree with you SKL. I see this team and schedule as set up for a terrific season and a disappointing postseason. Until the Steelers address the OL and the secondary in a real way we will struggle with the Pats and Packers of the league.

Although I agree with us needing a better O-Line, just for Ben not getting killed too soon in his career. I can easily say that we have beat many teams that are as equal to the Pats and Packers on offense, if not better. Our secondary was no better in 2008 when we beat the likes of the Patriots, Cowboys, and Texans. We defeated Atlanta last year, and they were much better offensively then the Packers. We have beaten the Chargers,and their
High Octane offense the past 4 times we have played them. And they stretch the field and have offensive weapons as good as anyone.

So I think your point is rather...Pointless! :2c

hawaiiansteel
09-22-2011, 05:18 PM

Not to make fun of you but, your statement of Channeling your Tonya Harding is inaccurate. Tonya had NOTHING to do with the attack on Nancy. This has been proven. If you knew anything about being an athlete, you would know Tonya was a pure competitor. She wanted to beat Nancy on the Ice. That whole incident was the doing of her husband and that idiot so-called Bodyguard. Tonya knew nothing of it til AFTER it was done. So please, try to get your facts straight. You freaking :loser

tiproast is not a freaking loser whatsoever. in fact, he is a very knowledgeable poster who makes positive contributions to this board.

the only thing I will ever criticize tiproast for is his choice of teams... :D

AngryAsian
09-22-2011, 05:24 PM
L

Thin ice my friend...

insanesteelersfan
09-22-2011, 05:47 PM
L

Thin ice my friend...

Thin Ice ?.....Tonya Harding :lol: Good comparison.

Chadman
09-22-2011, 06:07 PM

Now THERE'S the difference between people that post on this site long-term & those that will flame out & be forgotten next week- the continual name calling, big noting, childlike, moronic dribble that comes across in your posts is not only not required, but from what I understand from most posters perception of your schtick- not appreciated.

Most people know how to respond to what some might find 'incorrect' information, and will inform people of their errors. Then there's calling people 'loser' for not knowing the inner workings of ice skating politics.

Tired of this crap.

insanesteelersfan
09-22-2011, 06:13 PM

Now THERE'S the difference between people that post on this site long-term & those that will flame out & be forgotten next week- the continual name calling, big noting, childlike, moronic dribble that comes across in your posts is not only not required, but from what I understand from most posters perception of your schtick- not appreciated.

Most people know how to respond to what some might find 'incorrect' information, and will inform people of their errors. Then there's calling people 'loser' for not knowing the inner workings of ice skating politics.

Tired of this crap.

By respond properly, you mean like the ones who respond with...Channeling your inner Tonya Harding......you mean like that ? As for you being tired....I could careless. Don't like it, then feel free to either NOT respond, or feel free to get the HELL out! I find it funny, if you think that posting the Icon of
" Loser " is so egregious, then why does this site offer such a Icon ?

Things that make you go " Hmmm " huh Chadman ?

BradshawsHairdresser
09-22-2011, 06:26 PM

:shock:
I guess Tonya isn't near as scary as I've thought she was all these years...

On second thought, she's still pretty scary...

hawaiiansteel
09-22-2011, 06:40 PM
:shock:
I guess Tonya isn't near as scary as I've thought she was all these years...

On second thought, she's still pretty scary...

Tonya Harding is still pretty scary...

http://www.gossiplist.com/blog2/archives/tonya_harding_scary.jpg

tiproast
09-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Citing Jeff Gillooly instead of Tonya Harding would have resulting in losing the effect of implying that someone who advocates deliberately injuring an opponent is less than manly.

I trust that most of the regular posters on the board got the joke - too bad it went over your head.

hawaiiansteel
09-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Citing Jeff Gillooly instead of Tonya Harding would have resulting in losing the effect of implying that someone who advocates deliberately injuring an opponent is less than manly.

I trust that most of the regular posters on the board got the joke - too bad it went over your head.

the intent of your joke wouldn't have worked nearly as well if you had said, "Channeling your inner Tonya Harding's Husband and that idiot so-called Bodyguard, I see."

your original wording made its point very well. please keep posting here as you have a different but very intelligent perspective on things. :Cheers

insanesteelersfan
09-22-2011, 09:59 PM

the intent of your joke wouldn't have worked nearly as well if you had said, "Channeling your inner Tonya Harding's Husband and that idiot so-called Bodyguard, I see."
your original wording made its point very well. please keep posting here as you have a different but very intelligent perspective on things. :Cheers

Oh, I see. The Intent of the joke is why he wrote what he wrote. :D So then I guess it would be okay with you, and EVERYONE else here at this message board that if say someone here suggests a player say, has sex with that girl, it's okay to say,,,," I see you're Channeling your Inner Ben Roethlisberger ".......that it ?

Flasteel
09-22-2011, 10:33 PM

Oh, I see. The Intent of the joke is why he wrote what he wrote. :D So then I guess it would be okay with you, and EVERYONE else here at this message board that if say someone here suggests a player say, has sex with that girl, it's okay to say,,,," I see you're Channeling your Inner Ben Roethlisberger ".......that it ?

Unless you have access to multiple IP addresses, I'm guessing you and your tired schtick are about to be a distant memory. :tt2

insanesteelersfan
09-22-2011, 10:43 PM

Unless you have access to multiple IP addresses, I'm guessing you and your tired schtick are about to be a distant memory. :tt2

Schtick ?......whatever do you mean ?

fordfixer
09-22-2011, 10:49 PM

You should really try posting when your sober

insanesteelersfan
09-22-2011, 11:05 PM

You should really try posting when your sober

How about when I'm on Diet Soda ?

Sonny
09-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Although I agree with us needing a better O-Line, just for Ben not getting killed too soon in his career. I can easily say that we have beat many teams that are as equal to the Pats and Packers on offense, if not better. Our secondary was no better in 2008 when we beat the likes of the Patriots, Cowboys, and Texans. We defeated Atlanta last year, and they were much better offensively then the Packers. We have beaten the Chargers,and their
High Octane offense the past 4 times we have played them. And they stretch the field and have offensive weapons as good as anyone.

So I think your point is rather...Pointless! :2c Back to football.

I'm on both sides here. While we certainly have room to improve against the elite passing attacks of the league, not improving doesn't make it impossible for us to win a SB. In 2008, we were fortunate enough not to play certain teams on our way to #6. We were almost as lucky last season, avoiding New England again. Too bad Aaron Rodgers and the whole team seemingly became unstoppable at the right time, kind of like us in 05.

So you think last year's Falcons had a more potent offense than Green Bay's?

hawaiiansteel
09-22-2011, 11:09 PM
So then I guess it would be okay with you, and EVERYONE else here at this message board that if say someone here suggests a player say, has sex with that girl, it's okay to say,,,," I see you're Channeling your Inner Ben Roethlisberger ".......that it ?

I guess my question back to you then as a fellow Steelers fan would be, "WHY would you want to say that about one of our Pittsburgh Steelers players?"

insanesteelersfan
09-22-2011, 11:37 PM

So I think your point is rather...Pointless! :2c Back to football.

Statistically they did. Now one could argue that all of Green Bay's injuries slowed down their offensive production. But my point is that our team, and defense has had success against other teams High scoring, and spread offenses. Like the Falcons, Chargers, and Texans. And statistically, those teams offenses the past 4 to 5 years have been as potent as the Pats or the Packers offense.
I'm on both sides here. While we certainly have room to improve against the elite passing attacks of the league, not improving doesn't make it impossible for us to win a SB. In 2008, we were fortunate enough not to play certain teams on our way to #6. We were almost as lucky last season, avoiding New England again. Too bad Aaron Rodgers and the whole team seemingly became unstoppable at the right time, kind of like us in 05.

So you think last year's Falcons had a more potent offense than Green Bay's?

insanesteelersfan
09-22-2011, 11:40 PM
So then I guess it would be okay with you, and EVERYONE else here at this message board that if say someone here suggests a player say, has sex with that girl, it's okay to say,,,," I see you're Channeling your Inner Ben Roethlisberger ".......that it ?

I guess my question back to you then as a fellow Steelers fan would be, "WHY would you want to say that about one of our Pittsburgh Steelers players?"

I didn't say I would use it. I said that a simular statement would be okay. Meanning not factual. If that Pats fan can use Tonya Harding as an example of deliberately hurting another player. Then he would use my Ben example, cause both are equally Inaccurate.

tiproast
09-23-2011, 12:08 AM
I didn't say I would use it. I said that a simular statement would be okay. Meanning not factual. If that Pats fan can use Tonya Harding as an example of deliberately hurting another player. Then he would use my Ben example, cause both are equally Inaccurate.
No, I wouldn't use your contrived example, or anything like it.

As I posted earlier, I sacrificed factual accuracy for the sake of humor.

People with a sense of humor understand this kind of trade-off. It's done all the time.

insanesteelersfan
09-23-2011, 12:10 AM
No, I wouldn't use your contrived example, or anything like it.

As I posted earlier, I sacrificed factual accuracy for the sake of humor.

Humor ? Trust me, I KNOW funny. And you my friend are NOT funny. Don't quit your Day job for that Comedy club tour just yet :roll:

tiproast
09-23-2011, 12:22 AM
Humor ? Trust me, I KNOW funny. And you my friend are NOT funny. Don't quit your Day job for that Comedy club tour just yet :roll:
Thanks for the advice, Mrs. Harding.

(There are hundreds of NFL message boards, and I find the one that has Tonya's mother posting on it. What are the odds?)

insanesteelersfan
09-23-2011, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the advice, Mrs. Harding.

(There are hundreds of NFL message boards, and I find the one that has Tonya's mother posting on it. What are the odds?)

The Odds ?...about 10,000,000 to 1. Maybe you should go and play the Lottery. Maybe you can " " Fix " it so you can win. Hey, I have an Idea. Maybe you can " Channel your inner Bill Belichick " to CHEAT the Lottery results! :Clap