PDA

View Full Version : Is Pouncey in a bit of a slump?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Not following the line play in detail, I could be way off. But I don't recall hearing his name much in this year's games, unlike last year where we'd see clips of him taking down the NT and then going out and hitting someone at the second level.

Anyone here know how he's doing this year?

chiken
09-19-2011, 08:38 AM
In "this" game I saw him getting to the second level a few times.. On a goal line play he totally pancaked someone (dont think we scored though)

I guess "not" hearing an offensive linemans name is a good thing :2c

ramblinjim
09-19-2011, 08:40 AM
I agree, not hearing an Olineman's name is probably a good thing. I'll be surprised though if he's as good this year as he was last year. If that ankle is bothering him, that's going to be a continual problem, I would think.

feltdizz
09-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Ankle isn't fully healed but you gotta love the way Pouncey defends his players. I wish the other lineman had his fire.

Djfan
09-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Last year he was such a great story that he got more pub. This year we expect him to be great so we don't talk about it much.

flippy
09-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Kid's got heart. But I think we need to see him step up more as a leader on the line. I sense there's communication problems on the line. Lots of new guys may be the issue at this point and it may just take time to get better as a unit.

Just seems like when things break down, there's guys confused about who to block. Can't really pin that on Pouncey, per se. But he's gotta help these guys all get on the same page.

Losing Max, Flozell, and Colon leaves a bit of a leadership void on the line.