PDA

View Full Version : Putting my head on the chopping block..

Chadman
09-19-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm going to call it now- Steelers will go 14-2.

Indy next week- without Manning they are ordinary.
Houston after that- take away the running game & put Ike on Johnson- what do the Texans have to beat the Steelers?
Tennessee- playing better than expected, but Ben should torch them.
Jacksonville- terrible team.
Arizona- Pittsburgh Light for a reason.
New England- they'll get us I think.
Baltimore- who thinks it happens twice?
Cincinnati- yeah, right.
KC- Not the team they were last year.
Cincinnati- not likely to improve 2 weeks later.
Cleveland- They won't be going too well by this point in the season.
49ers- Potentially the worst team in the NFL.
St Louis- Might prove tougher than expected.
Cleveland- might be a trap game if we rest players I guess...still, it's the Browns..

14-2 is very possible. This is a light schedule.

AkronSteel
09-19-2011, 07:09 AM
I say they go 12-4.....loss to Houston, just have a feeling about that one!! Lose to New England, they just have our number and match up well with what we like to do, and I could see a loss late in the year to the Browns because Tomlin is resting most of the starters for the.......um......I'm not saying the word!!! Either way, like you said the schedule is light and I don't foresee them losing many!!!

Steelers>NFL
09-19-2011, 08:05 AM
11-5. Then Super Bowl or BUST.

flippy
09-19-2011, 08:12 AM
I think it's going to come down to stopping the other team's QB. This is a tough schedule for us.

I'm worried about Kerry Collins starting next week. He's a really good QB that could tear us apart.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-19-2011, 08:36 AM
I think it's going to come down to stopping the other team's QB. This is a tough schedule for us.

I'm worried about Kerry Collins starting next week. He's a really good QB that could tear us apart.

$$$$
Better concentrate on beating the Colts.

chiken
09-19-2011, 08:42 AM
I just hope this "seemingly" soft schedule doesnt make us soft going into the playoffs.. we seem to do better late when we have alot of those 5 Star match ups -

ramblinjim
09-19-2011, 08:52 AM

$$$$

I was thinking the same thing. This team has enough flaws on both "O" and "D" that they should be taking it one game at a time. I tend to be a negative Nancy and only see the bad.....

- I could see us losing to the Colts. Ya think their DE's are chomping at the bit to get to Big Ben next week? Heck, I could see Ben getting killed.

- Schaub's a pretty good quarterback with a nice deep ball. Johnson is a great receiver, if he's health (and he may not be) Foster is a great RB. They rush the passer well, Houston could be a tough game.

- Tennesse and Jacksonville almost always play us tough. Both are in transition years this year with young Quarterbacks but how many young Quarterbacks have looked like the second coming of Montana against us in the past, oh ten years or so? Plus TN looked pretty good against the team that spanked us last week.

- Arizona has Kolb with a big arm, Fitzgerald's the best WR in the league, Ike will simply have to follow Fitzy around all day and put his track shoes on.

- New England - they always seem to get that shot of juice before Satan whenever they play against us. We need to have some kind of ritual sacrifice before the game or something.

- Baltimore? I think we should extract some revenge on these punks by hook or by crook.

- Cinci? See Rookie quarterback note.

- KC? The way this team has played they may have phoned it in by the time our game gets around. They've just looked terrible.

- Cinci? I could see us splitting against these guys just because of emotions and that sort.

- Cleveland? Why was it that everytime these guys put a whuppin' on a team one week that same team played us the next week and cleaned our clocks. This is my fear #327 for the Colts game. I think by now, Cleveland will have fallen to earth and we can beat up on these guys.

- 49'ers? These guys may be in the "Andrew Luck" bowl by this time, in which case they are not going to come to play.

- St. Louis? These guys could be in playoff contention at this point and could really have something to play for. We could have already won the AFC North and not.

- Cleveland? Hopefully, we're at least 11-4 or so by this time and in a "rest your starters" mode. This could be our trap game.

I still see a fine season, probably 11-5, maybe even 12-4. But I'm still adhering to the "any given Sunday" scenarion on some of this what appears to be an easy schedule.

Oviedo
09-19-2011, 08:57 AM
I say they go 12-4.....loss to Houston, just have a feeling about that one!! Lose to New England, they just have our number and match up well with what we like to do, and I could see a loss late in the year to the Browns because Tomlin is resting most of the starters for the.......um......I'm not saying the word!!! Either way, like you said the schedule is light and I don't foresee them losing many!!!

I agree. I think 12-4 is reasonable. We will lose games we shouldn't. We always do. Only for sure loss will be New England but a couple of other teams will surprise us, one potentially being Houston.

steelblood
09-19-2011, 09:18 AM
We will have significant injuries this season. I don't believe Ben will play all games. But, this may be the easiest schedule we have had in a long time.

11-5.

Chadman
09-19-2011, 09:29 AM

$$$$

I thought about it, and decided that my concentrating on the Colts would make zero difference to the result. That's the benefit of being a fan- I can look ahead & count the wins.

Don't suppose the players will be doing that, but you never know I guess.

But you're right- Collins is a fine QB. But the Colts are shot- they were done the minute Manning didn't recover. They'll be lucky to break even.

Djfan
09-19-2011, 09:33 AM
the Colts are shot- they were done the minute Manning didn't recover. They'll be lucky to break even.

They won't get close.

Steel Life
09-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Chopping block?!? Where does the line start?!? :lol:

Chad you are an eternal optimist. :Cheers

papillon
09-19-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm going to call it now- Steelers will go 14-2.

Indy next week- without Manning they are ordinary.
Houston after that- take away the running game & put Ike on Johnson- what do the Texans have to beat the Steelers?
Any of their other receivers versus BMac and Gay. :P

Tennessee- playing better than expected, but Ben should torch them.
Jacksonville- terrible team.
Arizona- Pittsburgh Light for a reason.
New England- they'll get us I think.
Baltimore- who thinks it happens twice?
Cincinnati- yeah, right.
KC- Not the team they were last year.
Cincinnati- not likely to improve 2 weeks later.
Cleveland- They won't be going too well by this point in the season.
49ers- Potentially the worst team in the NFL.
St Louis- Might prove tougher than expected.
Cleveland- might be a trap game if we rest players I guess...still, it's the Browns..

14-2 is very possible. This is a light schedule.

They'll still lose 4 games; I don't where, I don't know how, but they'll lose them and, of course, the sky will be falling every time. :wink:

Pappy

BradshawsHairdresser
09-19-2011, 10:40 AM
While I don't expect the Steelers to lose to the Colts, you never know...if the Steelers come out and play like they did in week 1, there's not a game on the schedule that's a "gimme."

2009 has not yet been erased from my memory...

ikestops85
09-19-2011, 02:56 PM
While I don't expect the Steelers to lose to the Colts, you never know...if the Steelers come out and play like they did in week 1, there's not a game on the schedule that's a "gimme."

+1

This team has an annoying habit of playing down to it's competition. That means the vast majority of their games are decided late in the 4th quarter. In 2008 we won those games late in the 4th ... in 2009 we lost them.

Slapstick
09-19-2011, 03:05 PM

+1

This team has an annoying habit of playing down to it's competition. That means the vast majority of their games are decided late in the 4th quarter. In 2008 we won those games late in the 4th ... in 2009 we lost them.

I disagree...

Teams have the annoying habit of playing beyond their abilities when playing the Steelers...

For some reason, Pittsburgh gets the best effort of nearly every team on the schedule...

SteelAbility
09-19-2011, 09:15 PM
I just hope this "seemingly" soft schedule doesnt make us soft going into the playoffs.. we seem to do better late when we have alot of those 5 Star match ups -

It could also help with team health if we get lots of big leads early and can afford to relax the starters and get 2nd stringers real reps. Better health, better depth could go a long way.