PDA

View Full Version : Head scratcher

drprwnap
09-18-2011, 10:49 PM
First off, I like Tomlin. Today I think he was a real bonehead. You're up 17-0 against the Seafags and it's almost halftime. Your franchise QB takes a shot to the knee and goes back into the game :wft :wft :wft He should have been in the locker room getting checked out. If they don't trust Batch to throw on 3rd and goal, why is he on the team? I just can't believe that Ben went back into the game (at that point).

fezziwig
09-18-2011, 10:52 PM
I agree and everyone knew it would be a pass. They weren't sending Ben in there to hand off like Batch was doing.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-18-2011, 10:59 PM
I think somehow they knew it wasn't bad. They didn't even put him on the table to mess w/ his knee.

insanesteelersfan
09-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Batch scares nobody in the league. Worst Back-up passer in the league. Time for him to totally go away!

D Rock
09-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Batch scares nobody in the league. Worst Back-up passer in the league. Time for him to totally go away!

worse than Dixon? I thought Dixon was the worst QB in the league according to you.

insanesteelersfan
09-18-2011, 11:59 PM

worse than Dixon? I thought Dixon was the worst QB in the league according to you.

Learn to read, I said worst Back-up, and passer. As in DIRECT back-up. As in ALL the leagues # 2 QB's...not 3rd team QB's.

D Rock
09-19-2011, 12:45 AM

Learn to read, I said worst Back-up, and passer. As in DIRECT back-up. As in ALL the leagues # 2 QB's...not 3rd team QB's.

Learn to THINK. If you're not a STARTER, then you are a BACK-UP.

And even if all we consider is #2 QBs, then you still aren't anywhere close to being correct.

chiken
09-19-2011, 01:05 AM
I had some guy behind me at the bar saying the same thing - bring in Batch.. I didn't agree. Our offense sucked last week and this week, even though we were up - we were still a bit irky jerky. We still couldn't Run and we were not as efficient as we could be on 3rd downs. We left a ton of plays out on the field today. We should have been up 30 at the half.

Offensively we need to get our timing down, to find a rhythm. Having Batch finish the game would have been fine but would not have helped us in the long run. Ben was healthy enough to finish and the training with live bullets is what we need now more than ever if we ever want to get on track.

We need work and our schedule lends itself to that right now so we need to take full advantage.. our Defense is not going to be able to stop Tom Brady or Even Phillip Rivers and in the super bowl your dealing with either Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees.. none of which we can really honestly think we can hold to under 30 with our secondary.. we need to move the ball.

papillon
09-19-2011, 06:50 AM
I had some guy behind me at the bar saying the same thing - bring in Batch.. I didn't agree. Our offense sucked last week and this week, even though we were up - we were still a bit irky jerky. We still couldn't Run and we were not as efficient as we could be on 3rd downs. We left a ton of plays out on the field today. We should have been up 30 at the half.

Offensively we need to get our timing down, to find a rhythm. Having Batch finish the game would have been fine but would not have helped us in the long run. Ben was healthy enough to finish and the training with live bullets is what we need now more than ever if we ever want to get on track.

We need work and our schedule lends itself to that right now so we need to take full advantage.. our Defense is not going to be able to stop Tom Brady or Even Phillip Rivers and in the super bowl your dealing with either Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees.. none of which we can really honestly think we can hold to under 30 with our secondary.. we need to move the ball.

There is a lot of sage advice in the above post. The Steelers do need to work on getting the offense to the point of competing in a shootout. I don't see the defense holding the best teams in both conferences to minimal points. The offense is going to have to show up.

Pappy

drprwnap
09-19-2011, 09:31 AM

Hey, I wasn't saying to have Batch finish the game, just the HALF. :tt2

Ghost
09-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Should have had Batch throw. There were 3rd graders who were able to predict the play calling when he came in. The Seahags would not have been ready for it at all.

Steel Life
09-19-2011, 09:51 AM

There is a lot of sage advice in the above post. The Steelers do need to work on getting the offense to the point of competing in a shootout. I don't see the defense holding the best teams in both conferences to minimal points. The offense is going to have to show up.

Pappy
I hear you Pap...this is like the '78-'79 teams when the offenses came to the forefront as the defense began to age. The problem is that we're gonna struggle with Arians & the O-Line we've got.

steelblood
09-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Ligament damage is a tricky thing. I don't think they could have gotten an accurate idea of the extent of the injury or lack thereof from that exam. You don't want to compound the problem and have Ben end up missing more time because we were not careful in a game that Batch could have won. Send Batch in. Run something conservative. Kick FG. Then, MRI Ben at halftime. That would have been smart.

fezziwig
09-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Funny, everyone was singing praise about Batch last season when he filled in for Ben.

proudpittsburgher
09-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Funny, everyone was singing praise about Batch last season when he filled in for Ben.

I still am. Charlie has filled in admirably for Ben every time he has been called upon, and the more snaps he got, the better he got, which is all you can ask of a backup. I like Charlie, but I don't know how much he has left. I didn;t see any improvement with Dixon, only regression. All-in-all, though, I feel pretty good with Lefty on the sideline. Either way, Charlie Batch is far, far, far from the worst backup in the league. Just ask the Colts.

drprwnap
09-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Ligament damage is a tricky thing. I don't think they could have gotten an accurate idea of the extent of the injury or lack thereof from that exam. You don't want to compound the problem and have Ben end up missing more time because we were not careful in a game that Batch could have won. Send Batch in. Run something conservative. Kick FG. Then, MRI Ben at halftime. That would have been smart.

$$$$$$$$
That's my point. Why risk Ben's health for THIS game? Get him check out and if he's fine THEN put him back in.