PDA

View Full Version : Ike fined

Steelhere10
09-16-2011, 06:38 PM
15 for head but. Thats one I'm happy about, maybe he will stop that stupid ****.

skyhawk
09-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Yet no fines for the melee that ensued on the play? I thought Ike's headbutt was the least of the infractions on that play.

DukieBoy
09-16-2011, 06:58 PM
$5K for the head butt, $10K for Goodell's Steeler surcharge.

hawaiiansteel
09-16-2011, 07:52 PM
the Steelers need to immediately stop their head-butting and horse-collar tackling...

it's $5000 cheaper to just punch the guy. :wft

skyhawk
09-16-2011, 08:02 PM
the Steelers need to immediately stop their head-butting and horse-collar tackling...

Right? :roll:

hawaiiansteel
09-16-2011, 08:07 PM

Charles Woodson of the Packers was just fined $10k for intentionally punching Saints TE David Thomas in last Thursday night's game.

skyhawk
09-16-2011, 08:22 PM

Charles Woodson of the Packers was just fined $10k for intentionally punching Saints TE David Thomas in last Thursday night's game.

I know. I was agreeing with you!!

hawaiiansteel
09-16-2011, 08:26 PM

oh sorry, sometimes it's hard to tell over the internet... :Cheers

but seriously, how can Goodell justify such an unfair justice system?

skyhawk
09-16-2011, 08:36 PM

oh sorry, sometimes it's hard to tell over the internet... :Cheers

but seriously, how can Goodell justify such an unfair justice system?

It makes no sense. It should be every fine should be the same amount. $50,000 or nothing.

NorCal-Steeler
09-16-2011, 08:54 PM
just curious on the time line here? Troy was fined days before and Ike just got his days after? Is this because people were complaining the ravens didnt get a fine and woodsons fine was smaller so they had to dish out a fine to the raven player and net Ike as well?

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2011, 09:31 PM
just curious on the time line here? Troy was fined days before and Ike just got his days after? Is this because people were complaining the ravens didnt get a fine and woodsons fine was smaller so they had to dish out a fine to the raven player and net Ike as well?

They were probably all fined at the same time. The league and individual teams don't go out of their way to make it a point to announce every little fine; I think the press just reports on them as they find out about them when they are interviewing the players during the week.

feltdizz
09-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Has anyone thougt about the owners roll in these fines? Where does this money go? Is this a way for owners to pad their contributions to the pension fund? Just seems like a lot of Steelers with new contracts are recieving fines.

Goodell has no problem being the most hated guy in football but he also represents the owners. Just curious about the money trail.... I wonder if there is a site that tracks fine averages over the last few years.

fordfixer
09-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Has anyone thougt about the owners roll in these fines? Where does this money go? Is this a way for owners to pad their contributions to the pension fund? Just seems like a lot of Steelers with new contracts are recieving fines.

Goodell has no problem being the most hated guy in football but he also represents the owners. Just curious about the money trail.... I wonder if there is a site that tracks fine averages over the last few years.

"Player fine money is used to support retired player programs, as well as other charitable causes as agreed upon between the NFL and NFL Players Association,"

feltdizz
09-17-2011, 04:56 PM

"Player fine money is used to support retired player programs, as well as other charitable causes as agreed upon between the NFL and NFL Players Association,"

wouldn't be surprised if fines are up this year due to the new agreement.