PDA

View Full Version : Former Pro Bowl CB Chris McAlister: I'm broke

insanesteelersfan
09-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Man this is a story that really gets my hyde in an uproar. I mean how many of us will earn easily over 45 million dollars of the 55 million dollar deal that
McAlister signed ? And he is broke ? I mean all he had to do is just put 1 million dollars in ANY type of savings account, and he could have lived just off the Interest of that !! :wft Sorry fans but these types of stories, I have ZERO Sympathy for.

Chris McAlister, a three-time Pro Bowler formerly with the Baltimore Ravens, says he's broke and living with his parents.

The cornerback, in court documents filed over a child-support battle with his ex-wife obtained by TMZ.com, said "I have been unemployed since 2009. I have no income … I live in my parent's home. My parents provide me with my basic living expenses as I do not have the funds to do so."

McAlister, a first-round pick in 1999 out of Arizona, signed a seven-year, $55 million contract with the Ravens in 2004. As noted by Yahoo! Sports, McAlister was released five years into the deal, which cut out a reported $8 million in salary, and hasn't played since.

McAlister, who had an interception in the Ravens' 2000 Super Bowl victory, owes his ex-wife Marlene $11,000 in child support per month.

Djfan
09-15-2011, 02:24 PM
It is either true that he is a worthless money idiot, or he is hiding it somewhere.

insanesteelersfan
09-15-2011, 02:45 PM
I doubt he is hiding any loot. He just blew it all. But, one thing that IS totally wrong in this country is outrageous child support. I mean just because a man, who has money knocks up some lowly " Fried Chicken " clerk, and has a kid, that does NOT mean that he should be ordered to pay a ridiculous sum of money just because he has money. I mean 11,000 a month,,,to raise a kid ?
What the F is this kid eating ? BTW, to me, a man should give no more a month to the raising of his children then the woman also has to give. I mean it took TWO of them to create the kid, she should have to shell out her fair share. And just because she is the woman does NOT mean she should get a greater amount of the custody. It should be 50/50,,,not unless there is proof that the man has some how has abused the child. This whole Family court in the USA is the most heavily favored court towards women then in any other country. It is total BS. And 11,000 dollars a month from ANY Father for the raising of a single child is down right stupid.

D Rock
09-15-2011, 03:16 PM
I agree that the 11K per month is outrageous. I've read recently that a family expecting to have a child can expect it to cost around 11K for the whole year.

That's $132,000 a year to raise a kid. AKA, the family salary for two parents each making good money (66K a year), just to support one kid. That's flat out absurd.

Another example: Jon and Kate plus 8

Jon has been ordered to pay something like $20,000 or $22,000 a month for the 8 kids total. Meanwhile, Kate was making $250,000 PER EPISODE to be on that show after Jon was off of it. If she is the one making more money, why should his child support payments be so high?

Notleadpoisoned
09-15-2011, 03:32 PM
I seem to remember that Chris McAlister was the only person I had ever seen whose nose was wider than his entire mouth.

feltdizz
09-15-2011, 03:34 PM
If you don't want to pay child support don't have a kid. The guy was making millions, why should his child live like a thousandaire when his Dad was a millionaire?

He should have fought for custody... obviously the guy isn't good with money so it's probably a good thing his child got some of it before it was all gone.

I think he is lying, he is probably trying to get the child support reduced.

insanesteelersfan
09-15-2011, 03:45 PM
If you don't want to pay child support don't have a kid. The guy was making millions, why should his child live like a thousandaire when his Dad was a millionaire?

He should have fought for custody... obviously the guy isn't good with money so it's probably a good thing his child got some of it before it was all gone.

Why should a Dad pay MORE for the raising of a child then his Mother ? Ever think of that one ? Bottom line is relationships end for many reasons, and once that happens, just because the Woman lived a lavish lifestyle while she was fortunite enough to latch on top a RICH Athlete does NOT mean she is Entitled to that Lifestyle, nor is the " Child " once the relationship is over. All the child is required by Law is the BASIC nessecity needs...and that can be easily covered for 300 dollars a moth. Let alone 11,000 a Month JUST because the Father has money. The System is absolutely corrupt, and favored towards the Woman ( Mother )

If I had a Child and a wife, and she did something to break us apart, like cheating or bad spending habits with the money I EARNED as a famous Athlete, no way in hell would I ever divorce her. She would be burried in the F'ing Mojave desert I can guarantee you that :Clap And I ain't hardly
Bullsh!ting either.

hawaiiansteel
09-15-2011, 03:48 PM
I seem to remember that Chris McAlister was the only person I had ever seen whose nose was wider than his entire mouth.

it's pretty close...might have to call it a draw.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/01/14/celeb-chris-mcalister-240x285.jpg

D Rock
09-15-2011, 03:53 PM

Why should a Dad pay MORE for the raising of a child then his Mother ? Ever think of that one ? Bottom line is relationships end for many reasons, and once that happens, just because the Woman lived a lavish lifestyle while she was fortunite enough to latch on top a RICH Athlete does NOT mean she is Entitled to that Lifestyle, nor is the " Child " once the relationship is over. All the child is required by Law is the BASIC nessecity needs...and that can be easily covered for 300 dollars a moth. Let alone 11,000 a Month JUST because the Father has money. The System is absolutely corrupt, and favored towards the Woman ( Mother )

If I had a Child and a wife, and she did something to break us apart, like cheating or bad spending habits with the money I EARNED as a famous Athlete, no way in hell would I ever divorce her. She would be burried in the F'ing Mojave desert I can guarantee you that :Clap And I ain't hardly
Bullsh!ting either.

...says the former law enforcement officer. I feel bad for the men and women you represent, because its people like you that make the general public dislike law enforcement.

men should absolutely pay more than women for a child as long as the woman is the one taking care of the actual raising of the child. That's a job, and one for which she doesn't get paid.

What is crazy is to have $132,000 a year committed to raising a child...what's the kid supposed to do with all that money, wear shoes with diamonds in them? If the father has the money, then they should be required to pay for the current schooling, pay for the food, pay for housing, put money into a college fund, etc. But the father shouldn't be required to pay for the kid to eat filet mignon every day and live in a house in which they have 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms to themselves.

Slapstick
09-15-2011, 04:07 PM
I happen to have some familiarity with child support...

The child support laws vary from state to state, but the gist of the laws are, in general, that the child is entitled to a sum of money that is consistent with the salary of the absent parent.

The thought being, if the child lived with the absent parent, the child's lifestyle would be at a certain level...the fact that the child does not live with the absent parent should not preclude that child from living the lifestyle to which he/she is entitled.

Furthermore, I don't know what kind of health care is provided by the NFL to retirees, but the absent parent may also be responsible for providing suitable health care for the child. If there is not a suitable health plan available, part of the absent parent's responsibility may be to provide sufficient cash in order to pay for health care in addition to support obligations.

Regardless, if I were given money equal to what McAlister earned in that contract, nobody in my family would have to work a day in their lives. He could have (and should have!) managed his money more responsibly.

BTW, I find a certain poster's online persona to be less than amusing and a bit disturbing. I don't believe it is real.

insanesteelersfan
09-15-2011, 04:08 PM

Okay first off, I was more or less talking out of anger on that Desert comment. But with that said, you say a man should pay more if the woman is responsible for raising the child right ? Well my point is that the Family courts are so corrupt that they in 99 % of ALL the cases GIVE the Child to the Mother SOLELY because she is the Mother. Like that being a woman makes her a better parent then a man, which is absolute BS! Okay okay, lets say
a " Rich " Athlete finds out his wife was having an affair, and doing drugs with that other man in front of her sole Child, and the courts decides that the Rich Athlete should get " Sole Custody of the child after the Divorce. And lets say that Rich Athlete is making say, 30 Million a year, and his EX-Wife hasn't worked at all through their marriage of say 7 years. Now, the Court has decided FULL Custody of the Child to the Athlete right ?...so, how much do you think the court is gonna MAKE her give the Father...the RICH Athlete in Child Support ?.....NOTHING, that's how much. In fact, even WITH the proof of adultry and drug use, I have seen many many times where the women STILL gets custody of the Child, and MAJOR Child support payments....see NASCAR's Jeff Gordon for a PERFECT example.

The system is BS and totally scewed towards the Woman.

Bullsh!ting either.

...says the former law enforcement officer. I feel bad for the men and women you represent, because its people like you that make the general public dislike law enforcement.

men should absolutely pay more than women for a child as long as the woman is the one taking care of the actual raising of the child. That's a job, and one for which she doesn't get paid.

What is crazy is to have $132,000 a year committed to raising a child...what's the kid supposed to do with all that money, wear shoes with diamonds in them? If the father has the money, then they should be required to pay for the current schooling, pay for the food, pay for housing, put money into a college fund, etc. But the father shouldn't be required to pay for the kid to eat filet mignon every day and live in a house in which they have 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms to themselves.

Ghost
09-15-2011, 04:53 PM
How do you blow through $47 million? Even with 1/2 going to the Govenrment. What are you buying (and why can't you sell it now to make some coin)? That's not just a few nice rides. It's incomprehensible to me how all of this is gone? Are you just throwing $30 million at snail farms in Texas?

I think the NFL goes out of its way to provide access to financial planners and classes/workshops on how to save for your future. It's a shame more young men don't take full advantage. This should have been living in the top 5% of the entire population for the rest of your life and the next generation wanting for nothing as well.

insanesteelersfan
09-15-2011, 04:58 PM
How do you blow through $47 million? Even with 1/2 going to the Govenrment. What are you buying (and why can't you sell it now to make some coin)? That's not just a few nice rides. It's incomprehensible to me how all of this is gone? Are you just throwing $30 million at snail farms in Texas?

I think the NFL goes out of its way to provide access to financial planners and classes/workshops on how to save for your future. It's a shame more young men don't take full advantage. This should have been living in the top 5% of the entire population for the rest of your life and the next generation wanting for nothing as well.

I agree. But that still doesn't excuse our Government by RAPING McAlister with a 11,000 a Month Child support payment. Cause you know DAMN WELL that it is McAlister's Ex who is spending that looot on her nails, her clothes, her nice crib and what not. While her kid is being looked after by the Illegal
" Wetback " maid who is bringing in 6 dollars a hour, and her child is eating Hamburger Helper!

Ghost
09-15-2011, 05:04 PM

I agree. But that still doesn't excuse our Government by RAPING McAlister with a 11,000 a Month Child support payment. Cause you know DAMN WELL that it is McAlister's Ex who is spending that looot on her nails, her clothes, her nice crib and what not. While her kid is being looked after by the Illegal
" Wetback " maid who is bringing in 6 dollars a hour, and her child is eating Hamburger Helper!

Insane - this is totally inappropriate and uncalled for. We don't need that sh!t here.

phillyesq
09-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Insane - this is totally inappropriate and uncalled for. We don't need that sh!t here.

I'm among the least politically correct people you could ever meet, and I agree, the last post, and all of Insane's rantings in this thread, are over the line, not to mention, completely unrelated to football.

I was about to predict that Insane would soon have a meltdown that led to a banning, but it looks like that point may have already passed.

insanesteelersfan
09-15-2011, 05:23 PM

Really, since when is the truth Inappropriate ? You must not live in the real world Ghost. Cause I see this every damn day in this country. Both with STAR Athletes/Actors, and regular people. And I guarantee you that McAlister's Ex is spending over 90 % of that monthly loot on herself, and NOT the child.

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2011, 06:06 PM

Really, since when is the truth Inappropriate ? You must not live in the real world Ghost. Cause I see this every damn day in this country. Both with STAR Athletes/Actors, and regular people. And I guarantee you that McAlister's Ex is spending over 90 % of that monthly loot on herself, and NOT the child.

You really don't see anything appropriate there? Seriously? It's perfectly okay to call someone a "wetback" in your neighborhood? Wow. Plus I always get a warm feeling when someone makes light of a brutally serious crime like rape by equating it with something like child support payments.

Back when the Harrison interview in Men's Journal came out, you wrote the following:

But what Harrison said as it goes to racial or Gay slurs is another thing. That cannot be tolerated at all.

You are correct. That cannot be tolerated at all. This board will not tolerate it from you. Consider this your official warning. Any further Code of Conduct violations from you, and you may be banned. Here is the link to the Code of Conduct, in case you have failed to read it up to this point:

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=532

NJ-STEELER
09-15-2011, 06:50 PM
SI ran a stroy on athletes going broke a few years ago.

the amount Mcallister blew is not even half of what Antoine walker (celtics) got paid thru out his career and wound up in the same situation

chiken
09-15-2011, 07:05 PM
If McAlisters baby momma or any of the other baby mommas out there are buck wilding with the money - then McAlister needs to look in the mirror and Ask himself why on earth would he impregnate that woman..

its on him. the 11,000 a month for a guy who makes heck 2million a year - should have been a piece of Cake for him to pay...

Wonder why we are so quick to jump in defense of a guy who didn't protect himself when he had the chance.. (and most of these Cats don't just have the 1 - its like the 5 and the 6)
whatever with them.. You want to be rich and have a ton of Kids - pay for them.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Bring him in for a workout. If he has anything left at all, he might be better than most of our corners :lol: , and he'd probably be willing to sign cheap :wink: .

Of course, I'm not being serious.

OK, maybe just a little bit.... :D

NorthCoast
09-15-2011, 07:42 PM
"A fool and his money are soon parted" - Benjamin Franklin

hawaiiansteel
09-15-2011, 07:57 PM
If McAlisters baby momma or any of the other baby mommas out there are buck wilding with the money - then McAlister needs to look in the mirror and Ask himself why on earth would he impregnate that woman..

Wonder why we are so quick to jump in defense of a guy who didn't protect himself when he had the chance..(and most of these Cats don't just have the 1 - its like the 5 and the 6)
whatever with them.. You want to be rich and have a ton of Kids - pay for them.

the New York Jets' Antonio Cromartie has fathered nine kids with eight different women... :wft

Chavezz
09-15-2011, 09:31 PM

I was pretty sure you were an idiot but you just confirmed it.

Dee Dub
09-15-2011, 10:16 PM

Brother...all this stuff aside...I am praying for you. There is something inside of you that just isnt right. I know you have a soul...but it is clear that it is a lost one. But the good news is this...Jesus didnt come for the righteous. He came for men like you and I. And I pray that you will one day seek out His plan of Salvation. You will be free from this ugliness.

insanesteelersfan
09-16-2011, 12:07 AM

Brother...all this stuff aside...I am praying for you. There is something inside of you that just isnt right. I know you have a soul...but it is clear that it is a lost one. But the good news is this...Jesus didnt come for the righteous. He came for men like you and I. And I pray that you will one day seek out His plan of Salvation. You will be free from this ugliness.

Pray for me ? Okay, do, or believe in what you will, that's your right. Me, my eyes are wide open, and I know there is no more a God, or Jesus then there is a Santa Clause or the Ester Bunny :nono Lets just agree that we are all steeler fans here, and leave it at that. You, and others can have your take on this situation, or the fact that Illegal Aliens are ruining this once great country. I will refer to them as I LIKE, and you, and everyone else can think of them as you like. I wish them no harm or anything. But I also wish them ALL to exit this country. It is after all...the LAW! You've heard of the Law right ?

D Rock
09-16-2011, 12:49 AM

Pray for me ? Okay, do, or believe in what you will, that's your right. Me, my eyes are wide open, and I know there is no more a God, or Jesus then there is a Santa Clause or the Ester Bunny :nono Lets just agree that we are all steeler fans here, and leave it at that. You, and others can have your take on this situation, or the fact that Illegal Aliens are ruining this once great country. I will refer to them as I LIKE, and you, and everyone else can think of them as you like. I wish them no harm or anything. But I also wish them ALL to exit this country. It is after all...the LAW! You've heard of the Law right ?

Not here you wont. Freedom of speech doesn't exist without limitations when you agree to be a part of this community. You play by the rules set forth by the sites creator or you leave.

anger 82&95
09-16-2011, 07:52 AM

" Wetback " maid who is bringing in 6 dollars a hour, and her child is eating Hamburger Helper!Dichotomize/overgeneralize much?

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2011, 08:31 AM
"A fool and his money are soon parted" - Benjamin Franklin

https://id211.chi.us.securedata.net/badappleretail.com/merchantmanager/images/uploads/137B_fool_and_money_blue.jpg