PDA

View Full Version : Pitt's Dickerson Quits After 1 Day

kindlecatsb'ng
09-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Ed: Pitt's Dickerson Quits After 1 Day
Thursday, 15 September 2011 12:48
Written by Ed Bouchette

The Steelers reported for another day of practice this morning, but one went missing -- newly signed practice squad member Dorin Dickerson.

Dickerson, a wide receiver with Houston last season, was signed to the practice squad on Monday as..

As reported on the PG+

Anyone hearing why? Kindle

phillyesq
09-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Ed: Pitt's Dickerson Quits After 1 Day
Thursday, 15 September 2011 12:48
Written by Ed Bouchette

The Steelers reported for another day of practice this morning, but one went missing -- newly signed practice squad member Dorin Dickerson.

Dickerson, a wide receiver with Houston last season, was signed to the practice squad on Monday as..

As reported on the PG+

Anyone hearing why? Kindle

Full article from PG Plus - no explanation.

Ed: Pitt's Dickerson Quits After 1 Day Thursday, 15 September 2011 12:48 Written by Ed Bouchette The Steelers reported for another day of practice this morning, but one went missing -- newly signed practice squad member Dorin Dickerson.

Dickerson, a wide receiver with Houston last season, was signed to the practice squad on Monday as a tight end. He played at Pitt and is a graduate of nearby West Allegheny High School. He reported to work with the rest of his new teammates and went through practice on Wednesday. However, he apparently quit the team either late Wednesday or early Thursday. The Steelers re-signed Jamie McCoy, a fullback/tight end they had released Monday to make room for Dickerson.

McCoy was back in their locker room this morning, getting ready for practice.

steelblood
09-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Geez. Beggars can't be choosers.

Djfan
09-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Gotta wonder why McCoy would take the job back.

Slapstick
09-15-2011, 02:24 PM

What else is he going to do?

As Steelblood said, beggars can't be choosers...

phillyesq
09-15-2011, 02:43 PM

Plus, the practice squad guys get paid pretty well, something like $5k per week, which is a nice chunk of change -- especially for a 22 year old.

Djfan
09-15-2011, 02:49 PM

Plus, the practice squad guys get paid pretty well, something like $5k per week, which is a nice chunk of change -- especially for a 22 year old.

I wish I made that a month! But, I'm just a teacher for at-risk kids. No value in that in a culture or anything.

costanza2k1
09-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Twitter updates:

MarkKaboly_Trib Mark Kaboly
Dorin Dickerson says he DID NOT quit the #Steelers.

scorindorin Dorin Dickerson
I cannot say wat happend but if ed bouchette wants to say somthing else tell him to call me

scorindorin Dorin Dickerson
People i did not quit obviously. I dont kno where this fool from the post gazette got that info

feltdizz
09-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Ed Bouchette doesn't give a flying fluck about facts...

2nd comment on postgazette:

"Please find out the rest of the story, Ed."

hawaiiansteel
09-15-2011, 03:25 PM

besides the financial reason, I'm sure McCoy still clings to the hope of making the 53 man roster of an NFL team one day and probably views this as another opportunity.

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2011, 04:01 PM
First John Clay quits in Latrobe, then doesn't.

Now Dorin Dickerson quits after 1 day, then doesn't.

That's it...I quit. See you all tomorrow. :wink:

phillyesq
09-15-2011, 04:06 PM
First John Clay quits in Latrobe, then doesn't.

Now Dorin Dickerson quits after 1 day, then doesn't.

That's it...I quit. See you all tomorrow. :wink:

All this talk of flat out quitting is one thing, but it could be worse -- we could be discussing retirement. For 5 years. Without really retirining yet, but being mostly retired. Except for commercials for a brand a jeans that shall remane nameless, simply because I don't want ot give them any business. Unless the Vikings call. Or maybe the Colts....

phillyesq
09-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Wexell is now reporting on Twitter that he's on the practice squad - injured list. I've never heard of that before.

Ghost
09-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Wexell is now reporting on Twitter that he's on the practice squad - injured list. I've never heard of that before.

Clearly we're not letting any sort of facts get in the way of a good tweet....

steelblood
09-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Bouchette is not a reliable source, and he is a real smart a$$. He spends most of his time being flip and coming up with his next zinger.

JAR
09-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Supposedly Dorin tore a ligament in his thumb and the Steelers released him.

feltdizz
09-16-2011, 09:34 AM

that's a lie.. he quit. :lol:

phillyesq
09-16-2011, 09:58 AM

If that is the case, it is surprising that the reporting of this seems so cryptic.

Just out of curiousity, where did you find/hear this?

Oviedo
09-16-2011, 10:29 AM

I wish I made that a month! But, I'm just a teacher for at-risk kids. No value in that in a culture or anything.

Add soldiers, police and firefighters to those on the wrong end of our economic scale related to contributions to our country.

JAR
09-16-2011, 11:20 AM

If that is the case, it is surprising that the reporting of this seems so cryptic.

A good friend of mine is good friends with his family and high school coach.

phillyesq
09-16-2011, 12:01 PM

A good friend of mine is good friends with his family and high school coach.

Ah, nice inside source!

:Cheers

feltdizz
09-16-2011, 12:49 PM

how many practice squad injuries make the news?

Djfan
09-16-2011, 01:36 PM

Add soldiers, police and firefighters to those on the wrong end of our economic scale related to contributions to our country.

At least the rest of those get game/movie/restaurant discounts, and public acclaim. We get told that we are not doing our job well, and never asked what should be done about it.

phillyesq
09-16-2011, 02:33 PM

how many practice squad injuries make the news?

With this, there was the issue of quitting vs. not quitting, and then I saw a report somewhere saying that he was no longer on the practice squad but that no other information would be released. It just seemed odd.

hawaiiansteel
09-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Dorin Dickerson's time with the Steelers lasted about 48 hours -- sort of. Two days after the Steelers signed Dickerson, a former West Allegheny and Pitt star, they placed him on the practice squad/injured list after he went through his first practice with the team Wednesday.

The Steelers re-signed tight end Jamie McCoy, who they cut after signing Dickerson on Monday. "It's been crazy," McCoy said. "I was getting ready to leave and then I got a call to come back. It's been much like a roller-coaster." The Steelers released McCoy on Sept. 2, signed him to the practice squad two days later, released him Monday and signed him again yesterday.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1Y9rxtNyS (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_757036.html#ixzz1Y9rxtNyS)

NorCal-Steeler
09-16-2011, 08:58 PM
maybe he saw that the rest of the Steelers quit on sunday and he was trying to be a good team player.. :tt2

fordfixer
09-16-2011, 10:30 PM

At least the rest of those get game/movie/restaurant discounts, and public acclaim. We get told that we are not doing our job well, and never asked what should be done about it.

At least your not as low on the respect scale as lawyers :lol: :lol: .......oops sorry Philly :shock: