PDA

View Full Version : $61 Million Dollars...

BradshawsHairdresser
09-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Big LaMarr gets the big contract and shows his gratitude with a pathetic, half-ar$$ed performance against the Ravens. Just re-watched the game and isolated on his effort...and man, did I get irritated. He ought to give the team back at least 200 grand for every stinker like that one that he lays.

Timmons, in the wake of his big payday, didn't play all that well, but at least he was putting out some effort. Woodley was an utter dud. Some slowing down might be expected when it comes to some of our older players, but LaMarr ought to be in his prime.

Hope this kind of crap doesn't become a pattern. $61 million could have gone a long way toward helping our O-line and defensive backfield woes.

Steelhere10
09-15-2011, 12:07 AM
I think the players were slow and sluggish Sunday ,because they were carrying all that cash on their back. Maybe Wood was a little heavier. :Steel

grotonsteel
09-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Big LaMarr gets the big contract and shows his gratitude with a pathetic, half-ar$$ed performance against the Ravens. Just re-watched the game and isolated on his effort...and man, did I get irritated. He ought to give the team back at least 200 grand for every stinker like that one that he lays.

Timmons, in the wake of his big payday, didn't play all that well, but at least he was putting out some effort. Woodley was an utter dud. Some slowing down might be expected when it comes to some of our older players, but LaMarr ought to be in his prime.

Hope this kind of crap doesn't become a pattern. $61 million could have gone a long way toward helping our O-line and defensive backfield woes.

:Agree

I know its just one game but when you spend so much bling on defense you expect a far better performance from the Defense. It will be interesting how this Defense shows up against Ratbirds in Nov. I am looking forward to the rematch.

I still believe Steelers will go 12-4 and win AFCN.

hawaiiansteel
09-15-2011, 02:57 AM
man, what I could do with $61 million...

http://thewondrous.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/eva_mendes_20.jpg

ramblinjim
09-15-2011, 07:34 AM
H-I Steel, are you saying that with $61M you could turn yourself into her? :D

Oviedo
09-15-2011, 08:29 AM

Woodley has had slow starts in previous seasons but with Harrison injured he can't do that this year.

I actually thought Timmons had a better than average game. he seemed to be all over the field making plays.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Timmons was putting out effort, but with him, it was over-pursuit a lot of the time. I'm not so worried about him; I think he will get that taken care of. I'm a lot more concerned about the dude that gets the big money and then loafs his way through the next game.

phillyesq
09-15-2011, 09:25 AM
From what I remember of Woodley, his effort was fine. He blew up the blocker (I think Dickson) on his sack. Way too late, but the sack seemed to be all effort. I also remember him diving for a ball in coverage and just missing being able to make a play.

Despite the sack, he didn't have a great game, but none of the linebackers did.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-15-2011, 10:30 AM
From what I remember of Woodley, his effort was fine. He blew up the blocker (I think Dickson) on his sack. Way too late, but the sack seemed to be all effort. I also remember him diving for a ball in coverage and just missing being able to make a play.

Re-watch the game, if you can. Yes, there were a couple of good plays, but for the most part, his effort sucked.

Steeler Shades
09-15-2011, 11:50 AM
I believe Troy also received a new contract and his performance left quite a bit to be desired. 8)

ikestops85
09-15-2011, 12:14 PM
I believe Troy also received a new contract and his performance left quite a bit to be desired. 8)

Oh, did Troy play? I don't think I heard his name called the entire game ... and that was the problem. :HeadBanger

The one person who got their money and played well on D was Ike.

Dee Dub
09-15-2011, 12:28 PM
If Woodley finishes with double digits sacks while being asked to drop in coverage twice as much as DeMarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, or Cameron Wake, then I personally believe he will have earned his money.

Right now...Woodley is on pace for a 16 sack season. :wink:

For those who tape these games I challenge you to count the number of times that LeBeau has his two outside backers (Harrison and Woodley), drop into coverage. You may be surprised at what you find out....and it also may give you a far greater appreciate of these two.

phillyesq
09-15-2011, 12:51 PM

Re-watch the game, if you can. Yes, there were a couple of good plays, but for the most part, his effort sucked.

I didn't record it, so I can only go on memory...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-15-2011, 03:03 PM
If Woodley finishes with double digits sacks while being asked to drop in coverage twice as much as DeMarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, or Cameron Wake, then I personally believe he will have earned his money.

For those who tape these games I challenge you to count the number of times that LeBeau has his two outside backers (Harrison and Woodley), drop into coverage. You may be surprised at what you find out....and it also may give you a far greater appreciate of these two.

To really appreciate it, watch a Cowboys game and see that Ware NEVER drops into coverage.

hawaiiansteel
09-15-2011, 03:08 PM
H-I Steel, are you saying that with $61M you could turn yourself into her? :D

yes

and I would then immediately become a lesbian... :D

http://thewondrous.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/eva_mendes_20.jpg

NJ-STEELER
09-15-2011, 06:13 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":34921ao7]If Woodley finishes with double digits sacks while being asked to drop in coverage twice as much as DeMarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, or Cameron Wake, then I personally believe he will have earned his money.

To really appreciate it, watch a Cowboys game and see that Ware NEVER drops into coverage.[/quote:34921ao7]

i cant freakin stand that team, but why would you want to take him AWAY from doing that.
he had 3 sacks and several pressures in the game

like ngata and suggs vs. us. why drop them in coverage when they're manhandling the OL

hawaiiansteel
09-15-2011, 06:34 PM
[quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":3lai3i9m][quote="Dee Dub":3lai3i9m]If Woodley finishes with double digits sacks while being asked to drop in coverage twice as much as DeMarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, or Cameron Wake, then I personally believe he will have earned his money.

To really appreciate it, watch a Cowboys game and see that Ware NEVER drops into coverage.[/quote:3lai3i9m]

i cant freakin stand that team, but why would you want to take him AWAY from doing that.
he had 3 sacks and several pressures in the game

like ngata and suggs vs. us. why drop them in coverage when they're manhandling the OL[/quote:3lai3i9m]

NJ, I completely agree with you.

and not to second guess Saint LeBeau...but since we weren't getting pressure on Flacco, maybe Deebo and Woodley should have been rushing the passer more and dropping into pass coverage less?

BradshawsHairdresser
09-15-2011, 07:15 PM

Yeah, I agree. I'm not happy about Troy's performance, either, but I'm not sure his problem was laziness (although he sort of looked to be playing lazy on a couple of plays).

Though I don't like it, I somewhat expect players like Troy to have a decline in performance...he's getting on the old side of things, and has had quite a few injuries.
Woodley, on the other hand, ought to be hitting his peak physically.

As far as dropping LB's into coverage, it happens a lot--too much, IMO. If their strength is rushing the passer, then it makes little sense to have them doing what they're not nearly so good at--covering--so much of the time.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Is anybody still making excuses for big stiff LaMarr? Both him and his pal Timmons ought to give back half of their signing bonus.

Add in the woeful decline of Farrior, and you come up with a lot of $$$ that could have been better spent...

NJ-STEELER
10-02-2011, 04:52 PM
besides maybe ike

who on the defense is playing well?

Scarletfire1970
10-02-2011, 04:58 PM
besides maybe ike

Troy has his moments. So does Harrison. Those are the only two that appear to give a F. Well besides Ike.

NJ-STEELER
10-02-2011, 05:00 PM
moments, maybe

dont think either one is playing well, though

grotonsteel
10-02-2011, 05:01 PM
And people want more from Steelers Offense when FO was happy spending money on Defense.

pittpete
10-02-2011, 06:47 PM
How many millions were flopping on the floor on that Arians run?

Oviedo
10-02-2011, 07:52 PM
It's not Woodley, it's the scheme thaqt everyone in the NFL has figured out. Get LeBeau scared that you are going to pick the secondary apart and he drops some of the premier pass rushers in the NFL into coverage over and over. Rarely seeing effective blitzes.

Eddie Spaghetti
10-02-2011, 07:57 PM
i'm much less worried about the secondary getting picked apart than i am about getting the football shoved down our throats.

Shoe
10-02-2011, 08:22 PM
besides maybe ike

Troy has his moments. So does Harrison. Those are the only two that appear to give a F. Well besides Ike.

If not for his tremendous effort, Harrison would basically be a non-factor too. He's a shell of himself physically, when he would ovewhelm limemen who dwarfed him. Now, he can't jack them up and walk them back anmore. He can't bend and turn the corner, forcing them to hold him. And he's probably lost some speed as well, making his already kinda average speed more glaring. Harrison, I love him for his effort and toughness, but he's not what he was.

SidSmythe
10-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Timmons is a HIT or MISS guy . . . . i just don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed

Woodley shows up in January. We have 1 January game this year for him to star in