PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Faulk not impressed with Steelers

hawaiiansteel
09-14-2011, 01:43 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/img/logo_triblive.gif

Faulk not impressed with Steelers

September 13th, 2011
by Scott Brown

Upon further review, Mike Tomlin did find something positive to take from the Steelers’ 35-7 loss to the Ravens.

“Daniel Sepulveda punted the ball well,” Tomlin said at his semi-informative, semi-entertaining news conference Tuesday.

Tomlin said several times that the Steelers were soundly beaten by their archrivals, that there is “no explanation” for what transpired in Baltimore.

And he didn’t bite when asked if the Steelers had come out flat, inexplicable as it may seem considering that they were playing the Ravens.

“I don’t want to take anything away from those guys. I don’t want to make excuses,” Tomlin said. “We didn’t perform well. We got beat convincingly by a good football team. However tough the meat is we’ll chew on that and move forward.”

At least one NFL analyst had a different take.

During a conference call Tuesday, NFL Network analyst Marshall Faulk gave his observation of arguably the most surprising outcome from a wild opening week of league play.

“I didn’t think that they were ready,” Faulk said of the Steelers. “Baltimore showed up with a chip on their shoulder that the Pittsburgh Steelers normally match in that game. That did not look like the Pittsburgh Steelers team that we’re accustomed to seeing.”

Perhaps more interesting was Faulk saying that he doesn’t think the Steelers have improved themselves after getting to the Super Bowl in 2010.

“Yes, faster receivers does make for a better offense, but offensive line wise, I didn’t see them get better. I didn’t see them gain any depth on defense,” Faulk said.

“Obviously, Troy Polamalu is there, kind of the heart and soul of that defense. If he goes down, they’d be in the same situation that they were in the Super Bowl when he was a little hurt.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/201 ... -steelers/ (http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2011/09/13/faulk-not-impressed-with-steelers/)

Discipline of Steel
09-14-2011, 05:11 AM
:loser

Marshall, your opinion means naught to me.

Scarletfire1970
09-14-2011, 05:59 AM
I hate the guy, but he is right.

ramblinjim
09-14-2011, 07:50 AM

September 13th, 2011
by Scott Brown

Upon further review, Mike Tomlin did find something positive to take from the Steelers’ 35-7 loss to the Ravens.

“Daniel Sepulveda punted the ball well,” Tomlin said at his semi-informative, semi-entertaining news conference Tuesday.

Tomlin said several times that the Steelers were soundly beaten by their archrivals, that there is “no explanation” for what transpired in Baltimore.

And he didn’t bite when asked if the Steelers had come out flat, inexplicable as it may seem considering that they were playing the Ravens.

“I don’t want to take anything away from those guys. I don’t want to make excuses,” Tomlin said. “We didn’t perform well. We got beat convincingly by a good football team. However tough the meat is we’ll chew on that and move forward.”

During a conference call Tuesday, NFL Network analyst Marshall Faulk gave his observation of arguably the most surprising outcome from a wild opening week of league play.

“I didn’t think that they were ready,” Faulk said of the Steelers. “Baltimore showed up with a chip on their shoulder that the Pittsburgh Steelers normally match in that game. That did not look like the Pittsburgh Steelers team that we’re accustomed to seeing.”

Perhaps more interesting was Faulk saying that he doesn’t think the Steelers have improved themselves after getting to the Super Bowl in 2010.

“Yes, faster receivers does make for a better offense, but offensive line wise, I didn’t see them get better. I didn’t see them gain any depth on defense,” Faulk said.

“Obviously, Troy Polamalu is there, kind of the heart and soul of that defense. If he goes down, they’d be in the same situation that they were in the Super Bowl when he was a little hurt.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/201 ... -steelers/ (http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2011/09/13/faulk-not-impressed-with-steelers/)
H-I Steel I have stolen the pictures at the bottom of your signature, thank you!

feltdizz
09-14-2011, 08:22 AM

yep, it wasn't like he trashed us...

he was nicer than most fans on this board after the loss. :stirpot

steelblood
09-14-2011, 08:25 AM
He is generally right. But, he is still a total tool.

Faulk was a great running back. But, as a commentator and as a person, he comes of as self-righteous, shallow, and flip. He gives guys like Schlereth, Sterling Sharpe, and Baldinger a bad name as player commentators. There is absolutely no depth and or thought to anything Marshall says. It is all based on his gut reaction to what he sees. He is an empty man.

sentinel33
09-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Don't care, Marshall.

Pompous A$$!

steelerkeylargo
09-14-2011, 09:44 AM
:Agree

Ghost
09-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Not wrong but easily one of the hardest people to listen to talk about the game. I'd rather pull my own teeth out with pliers than have to listen to this jacka$$ for an hour.

fezziwig
09-14-2011, 11:25 AM
I can't stand the guy but he is correct. It is simple to see what he has stated.
Faulk is about anti Steeler as you can get. He had a good career, they show his game tapes but, you will not find a game tape of him running on the Steelers.
He hates the Steelers because they owned him throughout his career.

As someone so eloquently put it, " he is a tool. "

Slapstick
09-14-2011, 02:08 PM
I wasn't impressed with the Steelers either...

Wow, he showed tremendous insight, didn't he? :roll:

Can I get Marshall's paycheck?

Shawn
09-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Sounds about right to me.

Discipline of Steel
09-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Dont forget we may have had a strategy to keep more of our veterans this year with the lock-out shortened preseason. The goal is to win the Super Bowl this year, give all they got while they may have an advantage as a veteran team. Didnt work out for the first game certainly but i think any decisions about the quality of the team should be reserved for at least a few more games. I mean, what if we end up 15-1, you just never know. Thats why they play the games. So Marshall's final assessment is a bit premature, perhaps they have the best depth on D possible for their situatiuon. Many on this board think the OL is the best in several years. May prove to be true after 16 games, we will see.

hawaiiansteel
09-14-2011, 07:21 PM
H-I Steel I have stolen the pictures at the bottom of your signature, thank you!

you're welcome, anytime... :Cheers

Djfan
09-14-2011, 07:50 PM
The only thing worth pointing out here is that during the PREGAME show before the spanking, Faulk said the same thing. He was the only one on the panel to not pick the Steelers to win, and he said it was because he thought that they didn't improve. It pissed me off, but he was right, sort of.

Still, he sucks. As an alum of SDSU, who went there when Faulk was there, I would hope that he would support the Aztecs or their program to some degree, but he won't. He doesn't respond to them or get involved at all.

Classless if you ask me.

ikestops85
09-14-2011, 07:57 PM

September 13th, 2011
by Scott Brown

So his brilliant analysis is we weren't ready to play ... Duh! We got are arses handed to us by a team we normally play even with till the last couple of minutes. Of course we weren't ready to play.

Now, let's examine the statement he made that we didn't gain any depth on defense. Hmmm, wasn't our 1st rounder a defensive lineman? Wasn't our 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders also defensive players. WTF is this guy talking about? Isn't that gaining depth?

Now to the other side of the ball. Did we get better on the offensive line? I think we tried. We signed Colon whom some think is a very good RT (I'm just not one of those people) and we used our 2nd rounder on a LT. I think it is too early to make a judgement on whether we got better ... unless you are a tool like Marshall Faulk. :moon

fordfixer
09-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Marshall Faulk not impressed with Steelers

He never has been impressed with the Steelers nonstory

Captain Lemming
09-14-2011, 11:12 PM

:Agree

costanza2k1
09-14-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm not impressed with Marshall either.... =assclown

hawaiiansteel
09-15-2011, 11:17 PM
guess Warren Sapp wasn't too impressed either... :Hater

Sapp on Pittsburgh Steelers: Old, slow and over

By Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY
Sep 14, 2011

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2011/09/14/Troy%20Polamalux-inset-community.jpg

The Pittsburgh Steelers might want to cover their ears during Wednesday night's edition of Inside the NFL (9 p.m. ET), according to advance quotes provided by Showtime. After watching the rival Baltimore Ravens put a 35-7 beatdown on the AFC champs Sunday, Warren Sapp puts a fork in the Steelers' chances for 2011.

Declares Sapp:

The Pittsburgh Steelers. I have three things: old, slow and it's over. It's just that simple.

He's brutal toward the once-dominating Steelers defense:

James Harrison told us that he was 70-to-75%. It looked more like 40% to me if you are looking at the ballgame I was looking at. And Hines Ward, Mercedes Sapp can cover Hines Ward right now. You have to be kidding me…Mercedes is my 13-year-old daughter. She will cover Hines Ward in a heartbeat. And Troy Polamalu, Ed Dixon runs this crossing route. Troy Polamalu is trying to grab him to have a pass interference and he can't even get close enough to grab him. (It) looked like he was dragging a wagon behind him. Touchdown Baltimore. Pittsburgh Steelers done.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -the-nfl/1 (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/09/warren-sapp-on-pittsburgh-steelers-old-slow-and-over-nfl-baltimore-ravens-showtime-inside-the-nfl/1)

proudpittsburgher
09-16-2011, 10:49 AM
The only thing worth pointing out here is that during the PREGAME show before the spanking, Faulk said the same thing. He was the only one on the panel to not pick the Steelers to win, and he said it was because he thought that they didn't improve. It pissed me off, but he was right, sort of.

Still, he sucks. As an alum of SDSU, who went there when Faulk was there, I would hope that he would support the Aztecs or their program to some degree, but he won't. He doesn't respond to them or get involved at all.

Classless if you ask me.

Faulk ALWAYS picks against the Steelers, pregame. ALWAYS. Which, given the Steelers recent history of going to three of the last 6 super bowls, means he is usually wrong. Then, after the Steelers win, he comes up with the old, "The other team lost, the Steelers didn't win" tired argument. So I'm sorry, I'm not giving him credit for being right here. You say it is going to rain in Arizona in the middle of the summer, eventually you are going to be right. Then, he liked to beat his chest. Sapp, Faulk. . . morons.