PDA

View Full Version : Darren McFadden

Dee Dub
09-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Now that is a RB. He runs full speed, downhill, and is able to change directions without slowing down or having to spin or juke. Has great vision and instincts. Flow going one way, he sees a seam and he hits it hard. He can block and he can catch. He is fast becoming the best all around RB in the game.

RuthlessBurgher
09-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Hard to believe that McFadden, Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis were all in the same backfield in college. It's not quite Thurman and Barry at OSU, but it's still pretty impressive.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Agreed. I had him in FF last year so I watched him play a few times. IMO he soon enters the conversation of top backs in the league.

RuthlessBurgher
09-13-2011, 05:29 PM
For what it's worth:

"Fumble Machine" Rashard Mendenhall has 6 career fumbles in 597 carries (so, in other words, 1 out of 100 times, he fumbles. And the Ngata hit which wasn't his fault still counts against him as one of these 1% fumbles).

"Best All Around RB in the Game" Darren McFadden has 12 career fumbles in 462 carries (twice as many fumbles in 135 less carrries? Hmmm...).

Just sayin'....

ramblinjim
09-13-2011, 06:00 PM
For what it's worth:

"Fumble Machine" Rashard Mendenhall has 6 career fumbles in 597 carries (so, in other words, 1 out of 100 times, he fumbles. And the Ngata hit which wasn't his fault still counts against him as one of these 1% fumbles).

"Best All Around RB in the Game" Darren McFadden has 12 career fumbles in 462 carries (twice as many fumbles in 135 less carrries? Hmmm...).

Just sayin'....

Yes but the term "fumble machine" makes me giggle! :Cheers

insanesteelersfan
09-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Now that is a RB. He runs full speed, downhill, and is able to change directions without slowing down or having to spin or juke. Has great vision and instincts. Flow going one way, he sees a seam and he hits it hard. He can block and he can catch. He is fast becoming the best all around RB in the game.

Help me out here Dubby! I'm failing to see the Pittsburgh Steelers angle in this thread :Binky

Shawn
09-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Yeah I like him too. I like to use him in the full house package of the cinci playbook. With his 98 speed, and extra blockers...you clip the edge and he is gone. Terrific Madden back. :)

Ghost
09-21-2011, 08:08 AM
For what it's worth:

Just sayin'....

When you fumble at a critical time on the biggest stage there is; you get this label. Unfair or not, he has only himself to blame.

steelblood
09-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Other than some minor durability concerns, I totally agree.

NorCal-Steeler
09-21-2011, 09:35 AM
i think people are also remembering his 6 fumbles in 4 preseason games when they say he fumbles alot. So was last years 2 fumbles the fluke or the previous year? My knock on Mendy is that he doesnt hit the hole hard he trys to side step everything and everytime he does that spin move he holds that ball out .

fordfixer
09-21-2011, 02:31 PM
i think people are also remembering his 6 fumbles in 4 preseason games when they say he fumbles alot. So was last years 2 fumbles the fluke or the previous year? My knock on Mendy is that he doesnt hit the hole hard he trys to side step everything and everytime he does that spin move he holds that ball out .

He hit the hole hard in his rookie season and Rey Rey met him in the hole and Mendy came out with a broken shoulder. I think that is still in the back of his mind

Slapstick
09-21-2011, 02:42 PM
I think he ran for 1,200 yards and 13 TDs last year...he probably knows what he's doing...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-22-2011, 09:35 AM
For what it's worth:

Just sayin'....

Which RB would you rather have on this team?

RuthlessBurgher
09-22-2011, 10:10 AM
For what it's worth:

Just sayin'....

Which RB would you rather have on this team?

Give me the solid, steady Mendenhall, even though he is not nearly as good of an electric playmaker type. McFadden seems to be injured too much for my taste. That is not what I want from my bellcow RB. RunDMc is a heck of a weapon in a tandem back situation, but has not shown that he could be someone that I can rely on just yet.