PDA

View Full Version : Just sayin'

eniparadoxgma
09-13-2011, 01:46 AM
I just finished watching the game and I noticed something that no one seems to have brought up.

When Ike got his unsportsmanlike conduct penalty he wasn't the one that initiated the exchange. He was walking by the guy that he ends up headbutting and the guy grabs his ankle. Then Ike retaliates. I'm not saying he still isn't to blame for retaliating but I was getting a bit steamed listening to the douches- I mean announcers blather on about how the Steelers were causing the ruckus and the angelic Ravens shouldn't be drawn into the Steelers' "trap".

I'm not making any excuses. I just didn't like how the announcers made it sound like Ike just went at this guy unprovoked.

Also, I have no idea wth was going on with Troy at the same time but it was a bit interesting to see even him going off like that.

Bah. One game. We got destroyed. Ben sucked. Our D sucked. Our O sucked. Coaching sucked. Execution sucked. Nowhere to go but up...right?

birtikidis
09-13-2011, 01:59 AM
I totally understood what happened with Troy, he got pulled down from behind by his hair. When I saw it I thought for sure they'd call a penalty on that.
It looked to me like Ike smacked the dude in the helmet, dude grabbed at Ike, then Ike headbutted him. I was too angry to really remember though.

hawaiiansteel
09-13-2011, 02:29 AM
the Jets lost to the Pats* 45-3 in the regular season last year but then turned around and were able to beat the Cheaters in the playoffs.

we are capable of doing the same thing to the Ratbirds...

kiwi_sarah
09-13-2011, 04:29 AM
The announcing during that game was pitiful. Phil Simms gets a hard on anytime he can say anything negative about the Steelers...which is often judging by Sunday. Was as hard to listen to as it was to watch.

frankthetank1
09-13-2011, 08:25 AM
i was shocked that ray rice didnt get a penalty for pulling troy down by his hair. i was also shocked that no one got ejected.

eniparadoxgma
09-13-2011, 10:05 AM
birt, just watched it again and Ike was walking by the guy when he grabbed him by the foot/ankle for no reason. As I said, not a big deal but still makes a difference to me.

Hawaiian, no doubt. :tt2

Kiwi, welcome back! Where ya been? And with that new Yahoo photo, where ya been all my life? :D

I was also shocked no one got ejected. The Troy/Rice mix up was much worse than the Ike one IMO.

steelblood
09-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Honestly, I feel like Phil Simms is really, really dumb. His thoughts are child-like. He doesn't analyze anything. I think I'd rather listen to Matt Millen or my mother-in-law talk about the game.

phillyesq
09-13-2011, 11:12 AM
The announcing during that game was pitiful. Phil Simms gets a hard on anytime he can say anything negative about the Steelers...which is often judging by Sunday. Was as hard to listen to as it was to watch.

Simms had never bothered me too much before, but he was infuriating on Sunday. He seemed incredibly anti-Steeler throughout the game.

For me, he is quickly approaching Joe Buck levels of awfulness.

grotonsteel
09-13-2011, 11:14 AM
the Jets lost to the Pats* 45-3 in the regular season last year but then turned around and were able to beat the Cheaters in the playoffs.

:Agree

eniparadoxgma
09-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Because I'm bored and have nothing better to do:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3145/doofus.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/doofus.jpg/)

It's more obvious while watching it. Dude takes a swipe at Ike's ankle for no reason while he's signaling to the sideline, then Ike retaliates.

As I said, not the biggest deal or anything. Just wanted to put it on the record.

kiwi_sarah
09-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Kiwi, welcome back! Where ya been? And with that new Yahoo photo, where ya been all my life? :D

Thanks. New Zealand. New Zealand. :D

You are an incorrigible flirt. I like that in a man.

kiwi_sarah
09-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Simms had never bothered me too much before, but he was infuriating on Sunday. He seemed incredibly anti-Steeler throughout the game.

TBH, I usually tune out the commentators because I get lost in my own little world of trying to understand what on earth is going on (I didn't grow up watching football and I'm a dunce apparently lol) but it was just sooooo blatant even I couldn't ignore it.

ikestops85
09-13-2011, 04:31 PM

Simms always heaps praise over the team that is winning and craps all over the team that is losing. We got our arses kicked so we got more of Simms sh!t than usual.

He is always hard for me to listen to ... even when he says something favorable towards the steelers. He can watch a play and see the direct opposite of what everyone else is seeing. I don't know if there are any announcers that I like ... some I tolerate and most I hate.

fezziwig
09-13-2011, 04:56 PM

Excellent point but, the odds of winning the Super Bowl are very slight. Steelers could go against the odds and what have you and one game does not make a season.

I don't see this as just a loss but, a total beat down. Our coaches/team have been flirtting with having a bad o-line, old players and a lack luster secondary for years without doing anything to improve. (except for Pouncey )
The Ravens got up for this game and never looked back. To me they exposed in a big way the problems that this team overlooks, year after year.
Theres a trend to our Steelers and the trend is giving up points. Time for Lebeau to start catching some heat.

Iron Shiek
09-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Hey...someone needs to look at our 2001 season. The Jags laid an a$$ whippin on us the first game...like a 20 point win, I think we only lost 2 more games that year.

Enough crying in our beers...start believing in our team everyone!!

eniparadoxgma
09-14-2011, 03:22 AM
Hey...someone needs to look at our 2001 season.

Who?

I'm one of those weird people. I don't believe we're as bad as we were the Ravens game. I'm also one of those people that doesn't think we're going to automatically fix anything. Therefore, our play through the season will dictate what type of team we are...during the season. That's what matters.

Iron Shiek
09-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Hey...someone needs to look at our 2001 season.

Who?

I'm one of those weird people. I don't believe we're as bad as we were the Ravens game. I'm also one of those people that doesn't think we're going to automatically fix anything. Therefore, our play through the season will dictate what type of team we are...during the season. That's what matters.

Not singling you out specifically Eni, and I know you aren't the sky is falling type guy...Just us as a collective fan base, we have reasons to be pi$$ed, but I'd hope many fans wouldn't get carried away (I know there will always be a portion of the fanbase that thinks we will go 0-16 now though).

eniparadoxgma
09-14-2011, 11:07 AM
[quote="Iron Shiek":2vrcr40r]Hey...someone needs to look at our 2001 season.

Who?

Not singling you out specifically Eni, and I know you aren't the sky is falling type guy...Just us as a collective fan base, we have reasons to be pi$$ed, but I'd hope many fans wouldn't get carried away (I know there will always be a portion of the fanbase that thinks we will go 0-16 now though).[/quote:2vrcr40r]

Ah. Wasn't sure who that was directed to. I don't understand it. One game...after just returning to the Super Bowl for the 3rd time in the 6 years or whatever... = IT'S ALL OVER!!!1 :cry:

fezziwig
09-14-2011, 11:19 AM
I keep going back to the 89 season when the Browns put up something like 55 points on our Steelers and I think it was a shutout if I remember correctly. Not only did they put a beating on us they sent their backups in the game and still stomped us pretty badly. With all that, the Steelers made it to the playoffs and was one pass catch away from beating the Broncos.
The following week the Browns went to Denver and didn't give the Broncos half the fight our Steelers did the week before. The Broncos went on to the Super Bowl.
I'm not saying our season is over........or our team is bad as they looked and the ravens are not as good as they looked.
This first game was the Ravens Super Bowl and obviously their coaching staff and Flacco put an extreme amount of preparation into this game. No excuses for our Steelrs on my part, the Ravens did their homework and showed the Steelers that they are not going away.
The ravens picked up their game, made their changes to better their chances and now the Steelers better do the same.