PDA

View Full Version : Wow! No Rust...

BradshawsHairdresser
09-12-2011, 10:15 PM
...on Marcia Brady and the Patriots' offense. 511 yards and 4 TD's? And there's still time left...

DukieBoy
09-12-2011, 10:26 PM
...on Marcia Brady and the Patriots' offense. 511 yards and 4 TD's? And there's still time left...

His O-line is ambulatory.

fezziwig
09-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Thank God we didn't play them yesterday. He would have had 800 yards passing.

williar
09-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Isn't something how Tom Terrific just scores touchdowns! He don't seem to be concerned about what his defense is doing. I'm not going to lie like most of the fans do. I wish Tom was my quarterback! I trade Ben plus draft picks if I could get Tom Brady.

DukieBoy
09-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Thank God we didn't play them yesterday. He would have had 800 yards passing.

Through 3 quarters.

isonator07
09-12-2011, 11:21 PM
How much of Brady's success do you think is because of his line and the system he plays in?

winwithd
09-12-2011, 11:49 PM
A whole freakin' lot. Anytime you get pressure on him or hit him a few times he becomes Marsha Ordinary. Just look at his last couple of playoff games. If he played behind Pittsburgh's line and with our play calling he would be in the 10-15 ranking of QBs. Even what I saw of him tonight, in the first half Miami got a little bit of pressure and he was good not great. Second half, NO pressure. Dump downs galore. Tight ends that go up and grab jump balls. On the 99 yarder to Welker Miami sent the house at him and they still didnt get much if any pressure on him, Welker shook one tackler and that was it.
Henne was nearly as good and he was under duress a lot more. If Henne could hit a fade pattern in the endzone its anyone's game. Miami was on the 1 twice and came away with three points.

Sonny
09-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Even when he is "ordinary", he rarely kills the team with picks.

That great system and great line led Cassell to a 4 turnover 33-10 beatdown against us in 08. 2 years later with Brady? You know the story.

winwithd
09-13-2011, 12:09 AM
'08 may have been our best defense. Who knows how it would have gone with Marsha in there. We may still have won. And they still had 11 wins with Cassel (basically a rookie), maybe they have 13 with Marsha. Not much difference.

Dee Dub
09-13-2011, 12:22 AM
I saw a bright spot in this game for the Steelrs. I think the Patriots may have lost their starting center for the year (Dan Koppen). And he is a big part of their O-line. Another injury here or there and by seasons end things tend to change.

Sonny
09-13-2011, 12:33 AM
IMO, there wasn't much difference between our 08 and 10 defense except our schedules. We didn't face Brady, Brees, or Rodgers in 08. We did face Peyton, and he put up his numbers and won. We did face Rivers, who like Sanchez last year ate us up in the 2nd half of our playoff game. And we did face Kurt Warner. Thank God Ben was on for that game.

Oviedo
09-13-2011, 08:09 AM
I liked how the Patriots DBs were playing bump and run. I'd like to see us to alot more of that.

What I could not figure out is how Nate Solder did not get a holding call in the game. He was bltantly grabbing and pulling down the the Miami DE.

frankthetank1
09-13-2011, 08:18 AM
I liked how the Patriots DBs were playing bump and run. I'd like to see us to alot more of that.

What I could not figure out is how Nate Solder did not get a holding call in the game. He was bltantly grabbing and pulling down the the Miami DE.

we will never play bump in run in this current system and its a shame. it would definetly be more affective against teams like the pats rather then giving wr's 8 yard cushions and let the qb pick the defense apart.

i was shocked how many times solder tackled cameron wake and only once got called for holding. wake still had a sack so solder didnt look too impresive. brady is one of the best all time no doubt about that but i wonder how great he would of been without one of the best o-lines and the system. i guess we will never know

steelblood
09-13-2011, 08:51 AM

His O-line is ambulatory.

And what is ours?

His o-line is fine for their quick strike game. They signed brian waters as a backup and now he will play.

feltdizz
09-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Even when he is "ordinary", he rarely kills the team with picks.

That great system and great line led Cassell to a 4 turnover 33-10 beatdown against us in 08. 2 years later with Brady? You know the story.

You can tell Brady counts when he drops back... 95% of the time it's, read, read, dump off. He doesn't bullsh#t with the football.

It's rare to see Brady hit and unlike Ben he doesn't get better after contact.

steelblood
09-13-2011, 09:35 AM

We played quite a bit of bump and run against the Ravens.

williar
09-13-2011, 10:42 AM
QB's like Brady make their OL look good. Did you see when he dropped back in the endzone how quickly he read and got rid of the ball. Who needs a great OL when you have a QB who can read a defense and get the ball out of his hands.

DukieBoy
09-13-2011, 09:16 PM
QB's like Brady make their OL look good. Did you see when he dropped back in the endzone how quickly he read and got rid of the ball. Who needs a great OL when you have a QB who can read a defense and get the ball out of his hands.
They got Welker isolated 1 on 1, and he beat his defender 5 yards out from the LOS. A great play, perfectly executed.