PDA

View Full Version : Only one bright spot in this beatdown.

Steelhere10
09-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Ike played a tremendous game, if you take away the bone head penalty he was outstanding. And some you wanted to let him walk, it still puzzle me.

chiken
09-11-2011, 05:11 PM
We got kicked in the teeth so bad that I totally forgot how good he played.. good Call.

SidSmythe
09-11-2011, 05:14 PM
and NO major Injuries

papillon
09-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Ike played a tremendous game, if you take away the bone head penalty he was outstanding. And some you wanted to let him walk, it still puzzle me.

The only time Flacco threw his way was out of necessity and I don't believe he completed a pass to a receiver covered by Taylor. The penalty was dumb, but I applaud him for taking for his guys.

Pappy

DukieBoy
09-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Sep also did his job well today.

papillon
09-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Sep also did his job well today.

Yup, tough to win a game when your bright spots are a punter and one cornerback.

Pappy

fordfixer
09-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Who would of thougth the one bright spot would of been a CB

flippy
09-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Casey was getting a great push up the middle most of the times I noticed him. Unfortunately he was the only player in the front 7 that was playing today. And that's what the difference was in this game.

mshifko
09-11-2011, 07:37 PM
mike wallace looked good today in my opinion

Steelhere10
09-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I also forgot about Wallace he had a nice game.

Djfan
09-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Ward seemed to do his part as much as possible, as well.

JTP53609
09-11-2011, 07:42 PM
sepulvada did not get hurt!!

flippy
09-11-2011, 07:45 PM

lol

Stewie
09-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Redman got TOUGH yds.

Dee Dub
09-11-2011, 08:01 PM

The only time Flacco threw his way was out of necessity and I don't believe he completed a pass to a receiver covered by Taylor. The penalty was dumb, but I applaud him for taking for his guys.

Pappy

Why would Flacco or any other QB throw to Ike's side when McFadden on the other side cant cover anyone and the free safety is limted in coverage as well?

I'd throw in Mike Wallace as a bright spot today as well. He showed he can get open and run routes other than the fly pattern.

Djfan
09-11-2011, 08:03 PM
I'd throw in Mike Wallace as a bright spot today as well. He showed he can get open and run routes other than the fly pattern.

That quick shot to him in the seam in the third quarter was a thing of beauty. Too bad Ben was afraid of his shadow by then, and threw it behind him. If it were a good pass, that would have been a TD.

phillyesq
09-11-2011, 08:49 PM
I agree with Ike as a bright spot.

I think Brown also showed that he's going to be a weapon as a return guy. I'd be shocked if he didn't take one back this year.

papillon
09-11-2011, 09:34 PM

Pappy

Why would Flacco or any other QB throw to Ike's side when McFadden on the other side cant cover anyone and the free safety is limted in coverage as well?

Too many garbage yards on offense to give anyone a whole lot of credit. When it counted in the first half the offense was stagnant.

Pappy

focosteeler
09-11-2011, 09:44 PM
one more bright spot.....troy can bodyslam a midget

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2011, 10:15 PM

I noticed that he was wearing a heavy duty knee brace on his right (non-punting) leg, the one which had the ACL torn multiple times. He should continue to wear that for the rest of a career as a preventative measure.

NottinghamForest_UK
09-12-2011, 05:41 AM
Agreed Ike was the bright spot, didn't give Evans a touch! Brown looked good on Special teams, otherwise we were pi$$ poor, thankfully it's only one game! Keeps the Towels flying

Steeler Shades
09-12-2011, 09:25 AM
I thought his hair looked nice when he was chasing the receiver into the end-zone on the TD pass play. 8)

papillon
09-12-2011, 09:36 AM
I thought his hair looked nice when he was chasing the receiver into the end-zone on the TD pass play. 8)

Shades, it's good to see you back on the forum and participating. I was missing your sarcasm, wit and humor all delivered with the truth wrapped inside.

:moon :tt2

Pappy

Steeler Shades
09-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Shades, it's good to see you back on the forum and participating. I was missing your sarcasm, wit and humor all delivered with the truth wrapped inside.
Thank you, Thank you! I'll be appearing here weekly hopefully through February 2012. 8)

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Thank you, Thank you! I'll be appearing here weekly hopefully through February 2012. 8)

We only signed Shades to a one-year deal? We better franchise tag him next year.... 8)

steelblood
09-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Casey was getting a great push up the middle most of the times I noticed him. Unfortunately he was the only player in the front 7 that was playing today. And that's what the difference was in this game.
YEs, I totally agree. He owned Birk. Unfortunately, Yanda destroyed Smith so many times that Casey's penetration didn't make much of a difference.

Keyplay1
09-12-2011, 10:42 AM

Hey! What about Ben. You take away the three [3] interceptions[2 of them in Bal's Redzone] , two [2] fumbles, the bobbled center snap that really caused Mendys fumble, that missed throw someone mentioned to Wallace, ehh! a couple other little things. Uhh! Other than that he had a pretty good day. No?

Looking at the GAMEBOOK I was surprised to see that the Steeler's dressed 7OL. But, Gilbert and Essex did not play. So actually the starting five played every snap since Foster and C. Scott were inactive. Gotta give them some credit for at least surviving. No?

Pappy said "I'd throw in Mike Wallace as a bright spot today as well. He showed he can get open and run routes other than the fly pattern."

Seriously though, quite a few posters mentioned Wallace. He quietly did 8 for 108. That is on pace for 1700+ yds. You know that 2000 goal he talked about that has never been done is really not unimaginable. Nahh! If someone ever got even close they would shut him out with double or triple coverages and it would be a huge liability to try and get him the ball. My first thought when he mentioned this was he should have kept quiet.

:moon :tt2

Pappy

fezziwig
09-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Wallace, Ward, Redmen and Miller are the only ones I felt earned their offensive paychecks.

Steveo
09-12-2011, 12:54 PM
This looks to me like a continuation of a more serious problem. We all thought the Super bowl was a fluke, but here we are in game one of the new season, and the OL looks bad, the defense looks old and slow (and Troy is healthy), and I hate to say it Ben made some very bad decisions with the ball resulting in numerous turnovers. Whatever is going on I hope they figure it out soon, or this is going to be a very long season.

Steeler Shades
09-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Wallace, Ward, Redmen and Miller are the only ones I felt earned their offensive paychecks.
^^^
I'd have to agree. Fortunately these guys seem to consistently perform well. 8)

papillon
09-12-2011, 01:41 PM
This looks to me like a continuation of a more serious problem. We all thought the Super bowl was a fluke, but here we are in game one of the new season, and the OL looks bad, the defense looks old and slow (and Troy is healthy), and I hate to say it Ben made some very bad decisions with the ball resulting in numerous turnovers. Whatever is going on I hope they figure it out soon, or this is going to be a very long season.

This isn't an excuse, but Turrell Suggs owned every Steeler lineman in a bad way. Wherever he lined up he owned a Steeler and that's the facts. One guy, disrupted the entire offense, because no one could block him or even get in front of him at times. It was p1$$ poor, Kugler has to find a way to make lemonade out tomatoes at this point, that's how bad it was trying to block Suggs.

Pappy