After 05.

Then after 08.

Now after 10.

frankthetank1
09-11-2011, 04:14 PM
After 05.

Then after 08.

Now after 10.

i thought the super bowl hangover only applies to the winner of the super bowl?

Eich
09-11-2011, 04:41 PM
After 05.

Then after 08.

Now after 10.

You'd think but apparently not for us. Sad that we weren't up for this game after losing the super bowl. And it was against the one team we hate.

Jooser
09-11-2011, 05:02 PM
or perhaps it's giving all those folks days off at Camp Cupcake. No one was ready to physically dominate today. Above all the flub ups, this team looked weak today. They were flat out pushed around on both sides of the ball.

winwithd
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Reminded me of the hangover year of 2006 when they were moving up and down the field but turning the ball over a ton.
But I wonder if the defense if getting older and slower. I remembering reading something about LeBeau saying this week that you don't have to get to the QB but make him think you are coming and rush things so it didnt necessarily mean blitzing all the time, but it looked to me like we did not blitz at all today.
So the Ravens won their Super Bowl today. I wonder if the players werent a little complacent because there has been so much Steeler-love going around the media this offseason. Maybe this will be a wake-up call.
I kept wondering in the second half if the Raven fans were still wondering how they were going to lose this one.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-11-2011, 05:56 PM
After 05.

Then after 08.

Now after 10.

Nope. Check out the history of the game...it applies to the Super Bowl loser, as well...and it applies to the Steelers during the past decade. :(

Steel Life
09-11-2011, 06:27 PM
So the Ravens won their Super Bowl today.
That's funny...I sent that same comment to my Ravens friends. :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2011, 08:42 PM
After 05.

Then after 08.

Now after 10.

In 2006, we won our opener then missed the playoffs.

In 2009, we won our opener then missed the playoffs.

In 2011, we lost our opener and will still make the playoffs.

Sonny
09-11-2011, 09:08 PM
The last Super Bowl loser to be worth a damn the next season was the 2000 Titans, who went 13-3 and had the best record in the NFL. Only twice since then has the loser even made the playoffs, and they both happened to be in the NFC West, where 7-9 wins is all they needed.

hawaiiansteel
09-12-2011, 01:25 AM
or perhaps it's giving all those folks days off at Camp Cupcake. No one was ready to physically dominate today. Above all the flub ups, this team looked weak today. They were flat out pushed around on both sides of the ball.

Post-Baltimore thoughts

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
by Dale Lolley

Boy, I didn't see that one coming.

Mike Tomlin took it easy on the team throughout training camp and it showed Sunday.

I don't expect Tomlin to suddenly start brow-beating or physically beating up a veteran squad, but it was obvious the team wasn't ready to play from the start - beginning with Rice's long run on the first play of the game.

It was a humbled locker room after that game. The Steelers were beaten physically and mentally by the Ravens.

But, it is still just one game. It will be interesting to see how this team bounces back next week at home against Seattle, a team they should trounce.

More importantly, it will be interesting to see how this team works this week in preparation.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

Jooser
09-12-2011, 06:16 AM

Post-Baltimore thoughts

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
by Dale Lolley

Boy, I didn't see that one coming.

Mike Tomlin took it easy on the team throughout training camp and it showed Sunday.

I don't expect Tomlin to suddenly start brow-beating or physically beating up a veteran squad, but it was obvious the team wasn't ready to play from the start - beginning with Rice's long run on the first play of the game.

It was a humbled locker room after that game. The Steelers were beaten physically and mentally by the Ravens.

But, it is still just one game. It will be interesting to see how this team bounces back next week at home against Seattle, a team they should trounce.

More importantly, it will be interesting to see how this team works this week in preparation.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

CAMP CUPCAKE

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2011, 09:12 AM
CAMP CUPCAKE

With all of the new CBA restrictions stating that you can only be in pads once a day during camp, and can only hit in practice 14 times during the entire regular season, the entire NFL is forced to run a Camp Cupcake. It is not a Tomlin-centric phenomenon.