PDA

View Full Version : 2 INTs to Reed

D Rock
09-11-2011, 03:33 PM
what exactly was Ben looking at on these throws?

As an armchair quarterback, those are unforgivable.

Eich
09-11-2011, 04:44 PM
what exactly was Ben looking at on these throws?

As an armchair quarterback, those are unforgivable.

Unforgivable for ANY QB.

Dee Dub
09-11-2011, 04:50 PM
What was he looking at? No doubt the fact that the games was already over when he threw those picks to Reed. That's what I was looking at.

If you think Ben had much to do with this a#@ whooping by the Ravens, you better look at the sorry excuse for a defense the Steelers had on the field today.

Horrible.

Steel Life
09-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Not enough gas on the first one so Reed had time to get to it. The second one he tried to throw it while running away from where he intended & it floated. Bad day for Ben no doubt but his receiving corps didn't do him any favors by not being able to get open any better.

D Rock
09-11-2011, 05:35 PM
What was he looking at? No doubt the fact that the games was already over when he threw those picks to Reed. That's what I was looking at.

If you think Ben had much to do with this a#@ whooping by the Ravens, you better look at the sorry excuse for a defense the Steelers had on the field today.

Horrible.

Playing from behind doesn't make it OK to throw two redzone INTs straight into the hands of Ed Reed. Those were flat out terrible decisions, and they can be seen as such in isolation from all the other circumstances of the game.

Dee Dub
09-11-2011, 05:42 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":31xjt8q7]What was he looking at? No doubt the fact that the games was already over when he threw those picks to Reed. That's what I was looking at.

Horrible.

Playing from behind doesn't make it OK to throw two redzone INTs straight into the hands of Ed Reed. Those were flat out terrible decisions, and they can be seen as such in isolation from all the other circumstances of the game.[/quote:31xjt8q7]

I dont disagree what you are saying but have you ever been down 21-7 and had the responsibilty of carrying your team back from this deficet? Against one of the best defenses in the league? Sometimes you try to do too much and force things...but this game wasnt lost by Ben. The defense didnt show up today right from the first drive.

Scarletfire1970
09-11-2011, 05:45 PM
[quote="D Rock":1mxw15kp][quote="Dee Dub":1mxw15kp]What was he looking at? No doubt the fact that the games was already over when he threw those picks to Reed. That's what I was looking at.

Horrible.

Playing from behind doesn't make it OK to throw two redzone INTs straight into the hands of Ed Reed. Those were flat out terrible decisions, and they can be seen as such in isolation from all the other circumstances of the game.[/quote:1mxw15kp]

I dont disagree what you are saying but have you ever been down 21-7 and had the responsibilty of carrying your team back from this deficet? Against one of the best defenses in the league? Sometimes you try to do too much and force things...but this game wasnt lost by Ben. The defense didnt show up today right from the first drive.[/quote:1mxw15kp]That is how I seen it too.

Captain Lemming
09-11-2011, 05:56 PM

Horrible.

By that standard Archie manning was better than Bradshaw.

Manning LIVED with bad defenses for YEARS.

If we want to credit the defense THAT MUCH for QB play you in effect make the case of Ben's critics, who claim he rides the coat-tail of a great defense.

How a QB plays under pressure from behind is Ben's strength. It is OUR answer to the critics.

I last years playoffs the Ravens were crushing us, and Ben wasnt compelled to start chucking gift lobs to Ed Reed.

Ben did what Ben does and we won.

Yes the defense was bad. As was Ben. As was the RBs turnovers.

Ben and the rest of the O get no excuse for their role in this loss because the defense was also aweful.

DukieBoy
09-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Not enough gas on the first one so Reed had time to get to it. The second one he tried to throw it while running away from where he intended & it floated. Bad day for Ben no doubt but his receiving corps didn't do him any favors by not being able to get open any better.

1st was certainly a balloon. 2nd one he threw about sidearm. It was a duck flyover above the receiver.

Captain Lemming
09-11-2011, 06:05 PM
I dont disagree what you are saying but have you ever been down 21-7 and had the responsibilty of carrying your team back from this deficet? Against one of the best defenses in the league? Sometimes you try to do too much and force things...but this game wasnt lost by Ben. The defense didnt show up today right from the first drive.

I repeat you dont have to crack the HISTORY BOOKS on that one.

Ravens 21, Steelers 7 THE LAST TIME WE PLAYED the Ravens, Ben did not chuck the ball to the boys in purple.

We won the game. We have only played TWO real GAMES since that win.

I dont expect Ben to do it all the time. All I expect is for him to play well.

Ben is not the only reason we lost but he deserves a share of the blame like everyone else because he like the rest played poorly. He was HORRIBLE.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-11-2011, 06:24 PM
[quote="D Rock":3mzwdaqd][quote="Dee Dub":3mzwdaqd]What was he looking at? No doubt the fact that the games was already over when he threw those picks to Reed. That's what I was looking at.

Horrible.

Playing from behind doesn't make it OK to throw two redzone INTs straight into the hands of Ed Reed. Those were flat out terrible decisions, and they can be seen as such in isolation from all the other circumstances of the game.[/quote:3mzwdaqd]

I dont disagree what you are saying but have you ever been down 21-7 and had the responsibilty of carrying your team back from this deficet? Against one of the best defenses in the league? [/quote:3mzwdaqd]

That's why he's paid like an elite QB. Even though the hole the team was in made it unlikely that they would come back, as the OP's said, still no excuse for poor decisions and sucky throws. Don't make excuses for Ben...he sucked just as badly as the Steelers' D did.

Ben is not the only reason we lost but he deserves a share of the blame like everyone else because he like the rest played poorly. He was HORRIBLE. :Clap :Clap :Clap

feltdizz
09-11-2011, 06:34 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":1r4t26a1]What was he looking at? No doubt the fact that the games was already over when he threw those picks to Reed. That's what I was looking at.

Horrible.

By that standard Archie manning was better than Bradshaw.

Manning LIVED with bad defenses for YEARS.

If we want to credit the defense THAT MUCH for QB play you in effect make the case of Ben's critics, who claim he rides the coat-tail of a great defense.

How a QB plays under pressure from behind is Ben's strength. It is OUR answer to the critics.

I last years playoffs the Ravens were crushing us, and Ben wasnt compelled to start chucking gift lobs to Ed Reed.

Ben did what Ben does and we won.

Yes the defense was bad. As was Ben. As was the RBs turnovers.

Ben and the rest of the O get no excuse for their role in this loss because the defense was also aweful.[/quote:1r4t26a1]
:Agree

steelblood
09-12-2011, 10:30 AM
[quote="D Rock":1kpvwnlc][quote="Dee Dub":1kpvwnlc]What was he looking at? No doubt the fact that the games was already over when he threw those picks to Reed. That's what I was looking at.

Horrible.

Playing from behind doesn't make it OK to throw two redzone INTs straight into the hands of Ed Reed. Those were flat out terrible decisions, and they can be seen as such in isolation from all the other circumstances of the game.[/quote:1kpvwnlc]

I dont disagree what you are saying but have you ever been down 21-7 and had the responsibilty of carrying your team back from this deficet? Against one of the best defenses in the league? Sometimes you try to do too much and force things...but this game wasnt lost by Ben. The defense didnt show up today right from the first drive.[/quote:1kpvwnlc]

Ben's careless handling of the ball on his first fumble was part of the reason we were down 21-7.

grotonsteel
09-12-2011, 10:56 AM
[quote="D Rock":mx60p6xg][quote="Dee Dub":mx60p6xg]What was he looking at? No doubt the fact that the games was already over when he threw those picks to Reed. That's what I was looking at.

Horrible.

Playing from behind doesn't make it OK to throw two redzone INTs straight into the hands of Ed Reed. Those were flat out terrible decisions, and they can be seen as such in isolation from all the other circumstances of the game.

I dont disagree what you are saying but have you ever been down 21-7 and had the responsibilty of carrying your team back from this deficet? Against one of the best defenses in the league? Sometimes you try to do too much and force things...but this game wasnt lost by Ben. The defense didnt show up today right from the first drive.[/quote:mx60p6xg]

Ben's careless handling of the ball on his first fumble was part of the reason we were down 21-7.[/quote:mx60p6xg]

I disagree. I don't blame Ben for that fumble. Pouncey screwed big time on that play. he forgot to block one of the best defensive player in the league. It was not like Ben was having the ball 6-7 sec and then he fumbled. He got hit like a truck from the middle. Sorry i can't blame Ben for that fumble.

Ben threw 2 horrible passes in red zone. I blame him for that but not for that fumble.

aggiebones
09-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Damn near game him the year long MVP in 1 game.

NJ-STEELER
09-12-2011, 11:13 PM
what was he looking at ???

heath was wide open if he throws it to the back of the end zone.

the problem was he pu$$y lobbed the ball to the spot he was standing and not the spot he was running to

winwithd
09-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Watching a replay of the highlights, Kemo seemed to ignore the blitzer on the first fumble, DJohnson ran right past Ngata on Mendy's fumble and never touched anyone that I could see on the play. How do you not see Ngata running right in front of you and not at least think to put out a hand knowing he is headed right for the ball? On the second INT by Reed, one of our receivers (I couldn't make out the number) had no one within 20 yards of him on the other side of the field. Thats an easy TD if Ben sees it.