PDA

View Full Version : Legersky

Steelhere10
09-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Is some the board member hero, just made the play that closed this game out.

NJ-STEELER
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Ngata owned him today

BradshawsHairdresser
09-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Glaring need at RG before the season, still seems to be a glaring need at RG.

NJ-STEELER
09-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Yes

That and the seconday

Oviedo
09-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Now we know why Legursky has been a back up all these years.

Steel Life
09-11-2011, 06:24 PM
He certainly didn't look good today...that being said, he was going up against the toughest D-Line he'll face all year. Better get better quick or we've got to get there - I said it earlier this summer...this offense is good enough to overcome one bad guard, not two.

mshifko
09-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Now we know why Legursky has been a back up all these years.
yep. i mean he and jonathon scott were fill-ins last year, now they're starters.

flippy
09-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Bronko will be fine. He was clearly overmatched by Ngata on several occassions. But he's gonna be fine. There's a load of other issues I'm more concerned with.

Eddie Spaghetti
09-11-2011, 07:34 PM
legursky will get abused as an every down player.

Steelhere10
09-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Speaking of Nagta , did anyone see him run down Wallace from behind.

phillyesq
09-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Bronko will be fine. He was clearly overmatched by Ngata on several occassions. But he's gonna be fine. There's a load of other issues I'm more concerned with.

What have we seen from Legursky that makes you think he'll be fine as a regular? He has played ok, not great, as a fill-in. But he seems to me to be a guy like Stapelton - a bit undersized and reliant on quickness, and likely to wear down over the course of a season.

He offers some pulling ability, but I'd almost prefer the bulk of Foster.

focosteeler
09-11-2011, 09:38 PM
SHOULD OF DRAFTED MIKE POUNCEY!!!!!!!

sorry i couldnt resist :mrgreen:

Djfan
09-11-2011, 10:23 PM

Trouble maker. Where did you watch the game, or scrimmage, or debacle?

flippy
09-11-2011, 10:28 PM

What have we seen from Legursky that makes you think he'll be fine as a regular? He has played ok, not great, as a fill-in. But he seems to me to be a guy like Stapelton - a bit undersized and reliant on quickness, and likely to wear down over the course of a season.

He offers some pulling ability, but I'd almost prefer the bulk of Foster.

He's quick off the ball, gets good leverage, and is pretty decent at moving big bodies on the interior.

Problem with Ngata is he's big and freakishly quick and it's a bad matchup.

focosteeler
09-12-2011, 01:52 AM

Trouble maker. Where did you watch the game, or scrimmage, or debacle?

It was actually on cable up here, so I actually got to watch it on tv for once. Might be in town next weekend but not sure yet, ill let you know

Steelerphile
09-12-2011, 05:30 AM
This probably won't be received well and I think Legursky is a valuable backup, but they should have started Hills, who is bigger, athletic and showed potential and backed up center and guard with Legursky.

Now they start Legursky and back up Center and Guard with Essex, which is a weaker combination.

Steeler Shades
09-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Now they start Legursky and back up Center and Guard with Essex, which is a weaker combination.
I don't think the Steelers have a lot of strong combinations to choose from. They need more O-Line talent and depth. Hills, Legursky and Essex should all be backups and maybe not even that on some talented teams. 8)

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2011, 10:01 AM
You guys realized that Hills was cut, right? He's no longer on our roster.

grotonsteel
09-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Speed Dial: Jon Stinchcomb

Legersky was owned by Ravens D-Line.Just horrible.

fezziwig
09-12-2011, 11:23 AM
So that is two things our coaches or front office can't do. They can't find or develope o-linemen or corners.
PS....Lebeau can't stop the passing game and good tightends have always owned his defense.

ramblinjim
09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Ok, this may come as a dumb question but is there an Offensive Guard in this league that looks good playing Ngata? I mean, we're talking about the guy that's the best at his position in the league here no? He owns everyone!

Dee Dub
09-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Ok, this may come as a dumb question but is there an Offensive Guard in this league that looks good playing Ngata? I mean, we're talking about the guy that's the best at his position in the league here no? He owns everyone!

Ruthless your point is well taken and I am in total agreement that there arent many who can stop Ngata but why would a team think that a guy like Legursky could handle him all alone? If you look at the tip he had that resulted in the INT by Lewis, Legusky has no help and Ngata literally drives of Legursky 6 yards back into the pocket. Crazy.

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2011, 06:15 PM

Ruthless your point is well taken and I am in total agreement that there arent many who can stop Ngata but why would a team think that a guy like Legursky could handle him all alone? If you look at the tip he had that resulted in the INT by Lewis, Legusky has no help and Ngata literally drives of Legursky 6 yards back into the pocket. Crazy.

Thanks for the acknowledgement there, DW, but I'll have to pass along credit to ol' ramblinjim for this one... :wink:

Oviedo
09-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Kraig Urbik is probably looking pretty good right now, but he is starting for the Bills.

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Buffalo Bills' Kraig Urbik Entrenched At Right Guard
by Brian Galliford on Aug 31, 2011 9:15 AM EDT in Buffalo Bills News

As the Buffalo Bills have tinkered with their offensive line throughout this pre-season, one of the mainstays - curiously lined up along the much-maligned right side of the line - has been starting right guard Kraig Urbik. Though he struggled mightily in the Bills' first pre-season game of the year, Urbik has been entrenched to the right of center Eric Wood from the moment camp began.

As Bucky Gleason of The Buffalo News points out, you can expect that to continue for the foreseeable future.

Though he played poorly against Chicago, Urbik has rebounded with two much better efforts against Denver and Jacksonville. Meanwhile, Bills head coach Chan Gailey has tried different combinations out at left tackle and left guard, all the while feeling comfortable with Urbik at right guard.

Offensive line coach Joe D'Alessandris told Gleason that the team is working to get Urbik more physical, and that they love his size. Gailey spoke at length last season about getting bigger up front. It should be clear, then, why Urbik has the level of job security that he does.

Gleason asked Gailey on Tuesday about Urbik facing Ndamukong Suh in Thursday's pre-season finale.

"I think he's gone against a pretty good (defensive tackle) in training camp, so I think that he'll be up to the task," Gailey said. "I'm not worried about that. If that was my biggest problem, I wouldn't have a problem."

Eddie Spaghetti
09-13-2011, 02:36 PM
ramon foster outplayed kraig urbik from the 1st day of training camp from every account i read. he should go back to being the starter as he played well enough to get us to a SB.

let it go.

Oviedo
09-13-2011, 02:41 PM
ramon foster outplayed kraig urbik from the 1st day of training camp from every account i read. he should go back to being the starter as he played well enough to get us to a SB.

let it go.

It only took you 3 minutes to respond. That's pretty impressive.

Seriously though, Foster is obviously not being viewed as part of the solution. I don't know why given that they played him last year. Maybe he came in out of shape or has regressed some way. OL looks to be climbing up the priority list for next year's draft.

Eddie Spaghetti
09-13-2011, 02:45 PM
i don't know what foster did or didn't do, but he seems to have fallen off the radar for sure.

after watching legursky in week 1, i have to question that decision.

he will never be an every down player and OL is definitely high on the draft board, as it should be.

fordfixer
09-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Kraig Urbik is probably looking pretty good right now, but he is starting for the Bills.

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Buffalo Bills' Kraig Urbik Entrenched At Right Guard
by Brian Galliford on Aug 31, 2011 9:15 AM EDT in Buffalo Bills News

As the Buffalo Bills have tinkered with their offensive line throughout this pre-season, one of the mainstays - curiously lined up along the much-maligned right side of the line - has been starting right guard Kraig Urbik. Though he struggled mightily in the Bills' first pre-season game of the year, Urbik has been entrenched to the right of center Eric Wood from the moment camp began.

As Bucky Gleason of The Buffalo News points out, you can expect that to continue for the foreseeable future.

Though he played poorly against Chicago, Urbik has rebounded with two much better efforts against Denver and Jacksonville. Meanwhile, Bills head coach Chan Gailey has tried different combinations out at left tackle and left guard, all the while feeling comfortable with Urbik at right guard.

Offensive line coach Joe D'Alessandris told Gleason that the team is working to get Urbik more physical, and that they love his size. Gailey spoke at length last season about getting bigger up front. It should be clear, then, why Urbik has the level of job security that he does.

Gleason asked Gailey on Tuesday about Urbik facing Ndamukong Suh in Thursday's pre-season finale.

"I think he's gone against a pretty good (defensive tackle) in training camp, so I think that he'll be up to the task," Gailey said. "I'm not worried about that. If that was my biggest problem, I wouldn't have a problem."

Oh you could have :lol:

hawaiiansteel
09-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Right Guard Still the Steelers’ Biggest Weakness on the O-Line

Posted on September 13, 2011 by ted

http://photos.triblive.com/photos/PITT/1319869/37670829E.jpg

As bad as Colon and Scott were against the Ravens, no player on the line was worse than Legursky at right guard. He is a backup center who has no business starting at guard for any team.

While Colbert definitely deserves much blame for the Steelers’ current offensive line problems, the ever-changing debacle at right guard is more of a coaching failure. Foster started the team’s final 10 games at right guard last season and was serviceable (although still bad by NFL starter’s standards) after Essex was benched because he was not physical enough and Legsursky had too many problems with bigger defensive tackles.

But yet it was clear at the start of training camp that the Steelers wanted to replace Foster, who was timed at 5.61 seconds in the 40 coming out of Tennessee and thus may have been the slowest guard in the NFL in 2010.

For most of training camp and the preseason, the Steelers tried Chris Scott, a second-year player who never saw a regular-season snap in 2010, and backup left tackle Tony Hills at right guard.

Chris Scott fell out of favor and barely made the team as a ninth offensive lineman who is unlikely to dress on gamedays this fall barring major injuries. He fared better than Hills, who was cut outright and picked up by the Broncos.

Surprisingly, the Steelers named Legursky their starting right guard even though he saw very little action at that spot this fall and had much less experience at guard than Foster. It was shocking that they did this before facing the Ravens, who have the best defensive tackle in football in athletic, 6-4, 335-pounder Haloti Ngata.

Not surprisingly, the Ravens regularly lined up Ngata over Legursky, which was an abysmal mismatch for the Steelers. Although a cerebral player, it was also not shocking that a blown read by Legursky resulted in Ngata going unimpeded up the interior to destroy a handoff from Roethlsiberger that resulted in a Reshard Mendenhall fumble recovered by Baltimore early in the third quarter which broke the game open.

Currently, the Steelers only have two real options at right guard in Legursky or Foster. They may go with situational matchups and start Legursky against smaller, more athletic defensive fronts and Foster against bigger players. More than likely, though, Legursky keeps his starting job for at least a couple of more games, but I surely hope he is not at right guard in weeks 8 and 9 against the Patriots and Ravens.

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/09/d ... #more-6246 (http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/09/destroyed-ravens-colon-year-options-steelers-oline/#more-6246)

Eddie Spaghetti
09-14-2011, 06:12 PM
don't like to criticize the FO too much, but cutting hills in favor of chris scott looks pretty bad. Scott showed absolutely nothing in the time he was given.

I highly doubt anyone would have signed him, unlike hills.