PDA

View Full Version : NFL Matchup

flippy
09-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Just saw Hogie saying Timmons is the Steelers best LB.

Said the reason Lebeau's 3-4 is different than every other 3-4 is we have the most violent LBs.

And Timmons is the best of our 4some.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Works for me.

However, I also believe that JH is the most underrated 3-4 OLB in the league.

The fact that Demarcus Ware and his 15.5 sacks is considered to even be in the same class as Harrison and his mere 10.5 sacks is absurd.

Really? You judge Ware's greatness on the fact that he impacted 15.5 defensive plays last season?

What about the fact that teams do not have to account for Ware in the run game? They can run at him and he gets swallowed up by blockers, or they can run away from him and he is out of the play. Harrison makes plays on runs that are both at him and away from him. Harrison had 34 more tackles and I would guess that the Steelers D was on the field for fewer plays than the Cowboys D.

How about the fact that JH drops into coverage and gets both ints and defenses passes? Ware does neither.

Only Matthews belongs in the same conversation, and is a far second at that. IMO JH should have won the DPOY last year over our beloved Troy. He is that good and I don't even think that Steelers fans realize how good he is.